Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLP Video Master Thread

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Last I knew of the "Neighpon" dub of ponies, it didn't went past S2, according to an interview with a Japanese bronie in Equestria Daily, and that was a while ago

From what I heard, the company in charge of it was either unaware of or ignored the brony fanbase and had no interest in marketing it outside of the target demographic. It's the kind of thing that makes us more grateful for how Hasbro has treated the fanbase and kept the show going.

Edited by Vested Interest
  • Brohoof 1

From what I heard, the company in charge of it was either unaware of or ignored the brony fanbase and had no interest in marketing it outside of the target demographic. It's the kind of thing that makes us more grateful for how Hasbro has treated the fanbase and kept the show going.

Maybe it has much to do that the Japanese marked are no big consumers of western stuff. At least, that what assume when I remember back then the original Xbox sold poorly in "Neighpon", and I don't see them consuming western animation with anime over there  :huh: .

Yeah, I'm not sure we consume more pony than the target audience overall, but it's evident that Hasbro was smart enough to acknowledge our part for FiM's success. Otherwise, if it's success was regular, we would have reached at EG at most and discontinue the series. I like EG, but I'd rather have ponies + colorful human than colorful humans only :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Checking around Tv Tropes' trope of Gratuitious English with Madame LeFlour, I found out this gem in the japanese dub of FiM's chapter Party of One. It sounds cute,  but it's still gratuitious  :lol:

Why does this scare me so much? It's even creepier in Japanese :confused:

• Brohoof 1

@@Steve Piranha

Just letting you know I merged your thread with the MLP video master thread. When sharing a video, it is best to put it here. Do not post a singular thread for it. :)

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You thought you won
Thought the battle was over
But I, I, I, I'm just getting stronger.

Enjoy your freedom
It won't last much longer 
Cause I, I, I, I keep getting stronger.

Unf. It's been quite some time since I've fallen in love with a new vocal MLP song. There haven't been enough truly epic original voice works from the fandom within the last year. Can always count on Black Gryphon and Michelle.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been too long since I posted in this thread, but I wish you all a Happy and blessed New Year!  May God richly bless each and every one of you in the coming year, and may joy, love, friendship, and fellowship fill all your lives to the fullest!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a couple of delightful music vids for ya'll today!  :muffins:  :D

(edited)

Here would be one of my new favorite PMVs to come out of the fandom.

Seriously it is soo good, that I at one point mistook it for an actual Japanese MLP opening. :P

Edited by cmarston1

• 2 months later...

Oh my, been far too long since I've posted in one of my all time favorite threads on these forums!  Here, for old times sake, have some Fluffle Puff/AoT crossover goodness!  :orly:

It's as cute as much as it makes no sense, and that's why I love it!!!  :D

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Why haven't I seen this before?!? Only watch if you're a Lord Of The Rings fan, otherwise the puns will go over your head. :lol: Not to mention, it'll spoil everything if you've never read/seen it.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2