Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

2 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine

No worries, it wasn't going to be a large threat, but I understand your concern. Astral realized it was a false alarm as you guessed, and is currently on the stage. The pacing seems good for now, but let me know if you have any specific plot in mind.

Thanks, buddy. If necessary, we can talk about it more VIA private message. :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

No biggie, Dynamo. Astral just rejoined with the group.

Okay, but I'm just not really sure how to make my response. I was going to try and help Astral, but I was unsure how to respond and I took too long.

14 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

It’ll be a while before I can post so can we still stay on the buffet part for a couple of hours?

12 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

I’d like to stay at the buffet setting a little while as well. It’d be a great opportunity to get some casual banter between characters. 

All right. I don't see a problem having everyone float on the buffet for a while.

@Windy Breeze

Still with us on the RP so far? I haven't seen you reply in a while. I understand there are days where you won't be around, I just wanted to make sure you're still part of this.

14 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Astral Vision @Samurai Equine

Should I have Dynamo go to the restaurant with the others or have him waiting for Astral?

I didn't get a chance to reply and I lost the opportunity to have Dynamo talk to Astral. I'm sorry about that. :( 

Sorry, buddy. :coco:
Just do what I do, gloss over the details and catch up to where everyone is now. Maybe instead of actually talking to Astral, Dynamo decided to keep his distance and watch over him, and then followed him to the restaurant when he started feeling better? Just a thought.

Your heart was in the right place, and I'm sure @Astral Vision appreciates it. Right, Astral?

Also, don't know how I kept forgetting to say this, but I really LOVED your pick for a song! I always recommend Studio Yuraki very highly, and any fan of MHA is okay with me. :D

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Just do what I do, gloss over the details and catch up to where everyone is now. Maybe instead of actually talking to Astral, Dynamo decided to keep his distance and watch over him, and then followed him to the restaurant when he started feeling better? Just a thought.

Your heart was in the right place, and I'm sure @Astral Vision appreciates it. Right, Astral?

Also, don't know how I kept forgetting to say this, but I really LOVED your pick for a song! I always recommend Studio Yuraki very highly, and any fan of MHA is okay with me. :D

I guess I can do that. I just felt bad that I had an idea to sit there and talk with Astral and maybe help him through whatever he was thinking. Since I know he maybe needed a friend at that time. Maybe it could have built some character interaction. Possibly to lead into magic training with the two of them and Samurai as Dynamo took a book from the library. 

Wait a minute. You know of Studio Yukari!? I thought I was the only one who knew about it? :blink: I heard of their channel through certain anime songs like Black Clover, Fire Force and so on, but I didn't know anyone else had listened to their channel. Glad to hear that you're also a fan of MHA! ^_^ Sounds like Dynamo and Samurai are going to be great friends. Considering if someone brings that up, then he'll geek out. :ButtercupLaugh:

I'll try and make a response tonight if possible. Sorry about the late reply in the story. 

17 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I guess I can do that. I just felt bad that I had an idea to sit there and talk with Astral and maybe help him through whatever he was thinking. Since I know he maybe needed a friend at that time. Maybe it could have built some character interaction. Possibly to lead into magic training with the two of them and Samurai as Dynamo took a book from the library. 

Wait a minute. You know of Studio Yukari!? I thought I was the only one who knew about it? :blink: I heard of their channel through certain anime songs like Black Clover, Fire Force and so on, but I didn't know anyone else had listened to their channel. Glad to hear that you're also a fan of MHA! ^_^ Sounds like Dynamo and Samurai are going to be great friends. Considering if someone brings that up, then he'll geek out. :ButtercupLaugh:

I'll try and make a response tonight if possible. Sorry about the late reply in the story. 

Sometimes glossing over details and doing your best to catch up to the present events is all you can do.
I find it's sometimes the only option I have when there are lots of people participating. Everyone lives in different timezones. I am often surprised to see how many replies have been posted while I was either asleep or at work! :laugh: I try not to put my foot down too often and tell everyone "Let's slow down for a moment" unless I feel it's really important.

Dude, you should totally follow me. Just last week, I made a status update about that kind of thing. :orly: I agree, I think our OC's will get along just great.

Just take your time and don't worry about it. It's all good.

8 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Sometimes glossing over details and doing your best to catch up to the present events is all you can do.
I find it's sometimes the only option I have when there are lots of people participating. Everyone lives in different timezones. I am often surprised to see how many replies have been posted while I was either asleep or at work! :laugh: I try not to put my foot down too often and tell everyone "Let's slow down for a moment" unless I feel it's really important.

Dude, you should totally follow me. Just last week, I made a status update about that kind of thing. :orly: I agree, I think our OC's will get along just great.

Just take your time and don't worry about it. It's all good.

That's understandable. I woke up this morning and saw the RP update. I was going to make a response, but I put it off until later. I guess I didn't feel like answering or that nobody would answer until much later. I guess I need to find the motivation to post right away when thinking of how to respond. I do wonder if it would work if there was a turn order or to wait if someone was not answering and/or fell behind. I always worry about responding when it comes to work as I half attempt it due to working on my phone when I much prefer the computer. :ButtercupLaugh: That, and I have a half hour break so I can't think of the right kind of answer.

I was just thinking of following you as it sounds like you like a lot of anime. That, and I've heard of some of the people you listen to. I like LeeandLie, Dima Lancaster, Studio Yukari, and others. I always love the sort of English covers for some anime. Plus, I believe anime is canon within Equestria because of the Nightmare Night episode, "Scare Master." You wouldn't believe how much I freaked out when I saw the anime standees. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

All right. I don't see a problem having everyone float on the buffet for a while.

@Windy Breeze

Still with us on the RP so far? I haven't seen you reply in a while. I understand there are days where you won't be around, I just wanted to make sure you're still part of this.

Hello Lyra! Did you want to RP with us?

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Oh definitely, Dynamo was trying to the right thing, and it was most appreciated.

56 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

There's still time in the story for Astral to help Dynamo with magic training. After all, I imagine it will be useful for the fighting tournament event that's coming up.

1 hour ago, LyraHeartstringsTR said:

Is me Heartstrings Lyra Heartstrings

@LyraHeartstringsTR

Holy Celestia, it's you! Welcome to the chat. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That's understandable. I woke up this morning and saw the RP update. I was going to make a response, but I put it off until later. I guess I didn't feel like answering or that nobody would answer until much later. I guess I need to find the motivation to post right away when thinking of how to respond. I do wonder if it would work if there was a turn order or to wait if someone was not answering and/or fell behind. I always worry about responding when it comes to work as I half attempt it due to working on my phone when I much prefer the computer. :ButtercupLaugh: That, and I have a half hour break so I can't think of the right kind of answer.

I was just thinking of following you as it sounds like you like a lot of anime. That, and I've heard of some of the people you listen to. I like LeeandLie, Dima Lancaster, Studio Yukari, and others. I always love the sort of English covers for some anime. Plus, I believe anime is canon within Equestria because of the Nightmare Night episode, "Scare Master." You wouldn't believe how much I freaked out when I saw the anime standees. :laugh:

Yeah, I thought about fixed-reply-turn aspect, but it seemed counter productive.
I'd like to get to a point where things run rather smoothly on their own. Maybe to a point where we don't have to worry about Days. Where participants can do pretty much anything they want and hold their own stories outside of the main events, even if it's just pure slice-of-life material. Asking people to "wait their turn" seems to go in the opposite direction of that.
Like I mentioned before, there is a certain level of casualness to this RP. I am perfectly fine with people stepping away from the RP for an undecided amount of time, just like how I am happy to welcome newcomers at any time!

Nice work paying attention to detail like that. :squee: It's the reason why my OC has swords. Spears, knives, and other similar weapons are definitely canon to the show. Swords too, if you count the movie (the show does!).

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Bastian said:

RPing doesn't bring that spark that I thought it would so I think im leaving it, sorry everyone.

Oh. All right. :sealed: Well, sorry it didn't work out. But if you ever wish to come back, there's always room for you! I certainly enjoyed seeing your character in action.

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare@Pastel-chan, @Kronos the Revenant, @Windy Breeze, @Jack Baker

Before I make my next reply, is everyone ready to move on to Day 3?
Does anyone want these activities to be spaced out by days, or should we just forget that formality and do whatever want?

My biggest concern is that, if there is no shared concept of Day and Night within the RP, we'll all end up RPing on our own sense of time, and it might get confusing. But if everyone thinks it's not necessary, that's fine.
Most of us have stayed on this restaurant scene for a few days now, and I don't want to rush anyone if there's still something important that hasn't been said, but I'm ready to move on.

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare@Pastel-chan, @Kronos the Revenant, @Windy Breeze, @Jack Baker

Does anyone want these activities to be spaced out by days, or should we just forget that formality and do whatever want?

My biggest concern is that, if there is no shared concept of Day and Night within the RP, we'll all end up RPing on our own sense of time, and it might get confusing. But if everyone thinks it's not necessary, that's fine.
Most of us have stayed on this restaurant scene for a few days now, and I don't want to rush anyone if there's still something important that hasn't been said, but I'm ready to move on.

Okay

• Brohoof 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, Samurai Equine said:

Sorry for being a little late, but I'm ready to move on as well.

• Brohoof 2