Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What kind of mask do you have?

Dreambiscuit

I have a whole bunch. They’re all hand made by my mom.

Ones got a green print, another has roses. And then she made me one with DC superheroes and another with ponies on it. X3

• Brohoof 1

On 8/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, Cash In said:

I don't have one. I have health issues, so I can't actually wear one. They also happen to be mandatory where I live, so I'm not exactly in the best position.

Don't worry, in pretty much all the mandatory mask-wearing orders that I've seen they have provisions that lets people like you who have health issues be exempt from having to wear a mask :fluttershy: 

On 8/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, King of Canterlot said:

Don't worry, in pretty much all the mandatory mask-wearing orders that I've seen they have provisions that lets people like you who have health issues be exempt from having to wear a mask :fluttershy: 

However, those people (the ones who have trouble breathing with a mask) are probably in more danger from the virus than an average person. So they are screwed either way.

1 hour ago, Dreambiscuit said:

That is absolutely gorgeous! Maybe the best I've seen yet! :wub:

Isn’t it? My local comic book store owner’s wife is making masks to sell there. Let me know if you want one. :grin:
I got one with a Pokeball on it but the material they used makes my voice sound muffled. So I haven’t used it very much. 

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 7:24 PM, Thuja said:

I got a cloth one that I got for free from the hospital when I had to do some bloodwork for a trial I was on.  Been using that one when I go indoors to get my groceries and stuff.  It isn't exactly mandatory where I live but it's best to be on the side of caution, right?

I'll add onto this.  I made a new mask, it's a plaid one and it's a lot easier to breathe in than the one I got from the hospital.  I think the way that one sits on my face pretty much seals off any fresh air that could come in and I just end up having a difficult time breathing.  I typically just wear it these days when I have to wash the one that I made, since I live in an apartment building and I have to wear a mask when going about the hallways and such.  I like my new mask though, been wearing it for a few months now.  I remember ordering the fabric a few years ago so I figured why not use it for a mask or two?  I had to do two test masks to make sure things turned out ok for the final project(basically play around with the length of the elastic).  Also, the colours of the mask make me think of the trans pride flag so it's a very subtle pride mask lol.

• 3 weeks later...