Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Hasbro cheap out on G5?

CastletonSnob

Not really, I don’t think so. I think a cheaper spin-off is a good move to keep G5 relevant, since the main show will have 8 episodes a season, waiting forever for the next, and if we’re lucky a special midway. 
mahout the VAs, it makes sense. I guess they needed the star power of their original VAs in order to make a good impression, but that wasn’t going to last. It’s not only the money, but scheduling actors with different skills, locations, and backgrounds. Too much to keep track on

• Brohoof 2

Shoot, I'm not sure what you mean by "cheap out".  Do you mean "Most of the content will be the Pony Life-esque 2-D beanmouth shorts"? 

Maybe more of it than not will be those beanmouth shorts in terms of minutes of screentime, but...shoot, I think it's possible to make quality content on a shoestring budget, and always has been.  I haven't written off the shorts yet.

• Brohoof 3

They better not, or it will be very annoying to me. Hasbro is a multi-billion-dollar company so they have plenty of money to spare, which gives them no reason to not give G5 a decent budget, especially not when the movie was extremely successful.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like Hasbro intends to mostly just trying to keep the franchise alive and trending for the meantime, as the great impact of MLP:FIM is going to last them a while, and I think they are bidding their time until the next "better" thing comes along.

Be aware, thoughts may change after watching the released content.

• Brohoof 2

Given the many interviews and presentations that the people involved with have made a point to mention how they plan on having the Netflix series have breath taking CGI on par with that of the movie, and how expensive it would be to do so, I think that already answers your question.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

News Flash!

This just in from Hasbro...

242968542_HasbroJellybeanmouth.thumb.png.cdfc0d1094ed3df80058b949c2a60049.pngHere's your jellybeans, just in time for the Easter season!:pinkie:

Imagine if they did it in G4... Wait I did it for you!!!:kirin:

1529773654_RDJellybean.png.8ea1eede27bac0f4684b41728f98309b.png

Seriously though, For whatever reason the jellybean mouth crap does REALLY IRK me for whatever reason. It just oozes cheapness. :lostit:

TBH though, couldn't stop laughing after I slapped it on Rainbow here!:laugh:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3

On 2022-04-07 at 3:15 PM, Cirrus. said:

News Flash!

242968542_HasbroJellybeanmouth.thumb.png.cdfc0d1094ed3df80058b949c2a60049.pngHere's your jellybeans, just in time for the Easter season!:pinkie:

Seriously though, For whatever reason the jellybean mouth crap does REALLY IRK me for whatever reason. It just oozes cheapness. :lostit:

I upvote this! Jellybeans forever! (we need an emoji with this a jellybean smile)

When the real 3D show airs, that's when I can truly answer if G5 was done right. The movie was completely okay. Still have to wait and see.

On 2022-04-07 at 9:15 AM, Cirrus. said:

News Flash!

I hate it too!! Smiles aren’t meant to be so circular

I think the YouTube series are made just to tide people (mostly the kids I guess) over. Maybe there will be more high quality things to come.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Tell Your Tale certainly feels like a budget series.  The ponies even still have their half-cutie marks, which debunks the theory that it was a symptom of going with 3D animation in the film.  The animation style also just feels...basic.

• Brohoof 1

Well, to be honest Hasbro (which is already a cheap money-centered company) has certainly cheaped out on the youtube shorts and for SURE has reduced the quality in the toy line, but I'm hoping that the official show for G5 will be alright. The movie wasn't my favorite but it looked polished, and with the official show using assets from the movie it should look alright. It's all up to the animation quality now

• Brohoof 1

Tell Your Tale's art style is very cheap looking for sure, but I think it's meant as a placeholder until we get more 3D animation. Which will be more high quality, I'm assuming, so I'm not too worried. The toys I've seen are definitely worrying, they don't look as good as G4's toys Like the hair is just some fabric and it's overall just meh. I hope that also changes with the release of more 3D animation content, though. 

Seriously though some of the G5 toys are so scary LMAO

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

• Brohoof 1