Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How futuristic would Equestria Girls be in Generation 5?

Shady Mist

Maybe it is a matter of cultural difference rather than a chronological question regarding technological advancement. As FiM has magic to replace technology. But considering the state of things. I would say post-apocalyptic wasteland or some type of dystopian paradigm where friendship has been turned into an authoritarian institution that exercises political and ideological control over the masses. A society where everyone is forced to "act" friendly, and most people walk around medicated.

I'd assume they'd be a bit more futuristic, like something you'd see out of a sci-fi movie (only on a much smaller scale). As far as as friendship advancements, though, they would be separated too just like the ponies, but probably by class or something since there really aren't different races of humans in EQG canon.

• Brohoof 2

Some things just won't change I guess. Equestria Girls are living in the Elon Musk Martian colony and have Star Trek style starships :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

To me, it seems that time travels slower in the Human World than it does in the Pony World, and since Equestria Girls was already modern, I think that it would be like a-couple-centuries futuristic.

It seems that G5 happens millennia after G4, so I believe that a couple centuries would have passed in the Human World since then.

• Brohoof 2