Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever felt like slowing down, or stop collecting altogether?

Steve Piranha

For all collectors, have you ever felt like slowing down in collecting or stopping for whatever reason? I’ve been feeling like slowing down because I feel as if collecting has been a quest whose goal have been met to me for the past few days. I’m not feeling so bad for not seeing new collectibles anymore. These last few acquisitions are literally a bucket list I’m crossing :mlp_icwudt:

As far as MLP goes, I got almost all of the figures I was interested in apart from a few of the fan series figures(Chrysalis, Twilight vs Tempest, Trixie and Starlight), but with how much the prices on those go up, i'm not exactly in a rush to get those

I have accumulated, I think, a sizeable collection of figurines, books, etc. over the years -- though my collection is definitely small compared to many of the more dedicated collector. But I do not acquire MLP items nearly as actively as I did years ago. I do not think I will ever attempt to achieve a sort of complete collection of MLP items for, at least one reason, I do not like the quality of many of the official merchandise.

One thing I will mention is that I am disappointed that 4DE never made a Luna plush toy despite having revealed a prototype for it... about a decade ago now... huh...

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

I think I have the MLP figures that I want, though I sometimes go through the toy section of a store to see if there's anything good there. I collect other stuff though, but whenever I seem to be running out of space I start slowing down. Then I hang a new shelf or whatever and, well, I am not going to keep that space empty, right?

I've been that way for many years now. I collect certain cards, keep them in my possession for a few years, and then sell them again when I no longer have an attachment to them. Only on rare occasions have I kept them longer than usual, but in the end, my mind just loses that attachment.

I do have other collections which I've managed to hold on to because of having an attachment to them that refuses to break. I guess I'm just a complicated individual.

• 1 month later...