Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your favorite animals?

moneyshredderofdeath

Moths are just misunderstood because they're like pimp butteries... they come out at night with their furry jackets.

But they're sweethearts really.

img-2566600-3-tumblr_mxknr2t11g1rt4nreo2

<3

I was petting a giant moth once, it was cute. Speaking of moths there is this little series going on.

give_it_back_by_otakuap-d67sf41.jpgit_keeps_returning_by_otakuap-d5vmlol.jpget_it_off_by_otakuap-d5nlliu.jpgscootaloo_flys__by_otakuap-d5r26iz.jpgit_returns_by_otakuap-d5st1oi.jpg

ALL HAIL FLUFFY THE BRINGER OF DARKNESS!

• Brohoof 2

I was petting a giant moth once, it was cute. Speaking of moths there is this little series going on.

img-2567318-2-give_it_back_by_otakuap-d6img-2567318-3-it_keeps_returning_by_otakimg-2567318-4-get_it_off_by_otakuap-d5nlimg-2567318-5-scootaloo_flys__by_otakuapimg-2567318-6-it_returns_by_otakuap-d5st

ALL HAIL FLUFFY THE BRINGER OF DARKNESS!

Oh my...

That's adorable. <3 I wish I had a moth friend like that.

Favorite animal: Fox

Favorite pet: Cat

Favorite mythical: Phoenix

WHY:

1.)I don't know why, I just feel connected to the fox in some way.

2.)I've always loved cats and they usually seem to like me. 

3.) The phoenix's immortality makes it a lot more symbolic and interesting than other myths.

_mg_2737-copy.jpg

Favorite animal: Fox

Favorite pet: Cat

Favorite mythical: Phoenix

WHY:

1.)I don't know why, I just feel connected to the fox in some way.

2.)I've always loved cats and they usually seem to like me. 

3.) The phoenix's immortality makes it a lot more symbolic and interesting than other myths.

_mg_2737-copy.jpg

oh god.

inb4whatdoesthefoxsay

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

For some reason I really love spiders, they are just so cute!  :wub:

I've always thought spiders were cute. You'll never believe the looks people give me when I say so.

Edited by King Ghidora
  • Brohoof 1

For some reason I really love spiders, they are just so cute!  :wub:

They have these guys (Spiny Orb Weaver) in South Florida. I miss them so :(

post-20329-0-45302200-1398628829_thumb.jpg

Oh and for anyone losing their mind over this thing, it's only the size of a dime.

• Brohoof 1

They have these guys (Spiny Orb Weaver) in South Florida. I miss them so :(

attachicon.gifSpiny_backed_orbweaver_spider.jpg

Oh and for anyone losing their mind over this thing, it's only the size of a dime.

I saw something that looked like that in northern wisconsin... It was completely brown though and walked sideways. I think it was a crab spider, yes crab spiders are a real thing.)

Octopuses, followed by spiders, followed by I-don't-knows lol.  I do love cats, though; we get along well.

Can the nigh-cosmic strangeness of the awe-inspiringly multi-talented octopus truly be done justice in MERE words!??!  I say it CAN NOT!  It...  Probably helps that I'm a Lovecraft fan lol.  Or perhaps my fondness for cephalopods bolstered my love of Lovecraft!  Rapid color change / blending in with their surroundings, intelligence (problem solving and even, arguably, tool use in specific cases), crawling onto land or out of an aquarium in pursuit of prey, the ability to squeeze themselves into openings no larger than their beaks!??!  Amazing.  And I read that Giant Pacific octopuses in captivity had noticeably different personalities.

And spiders?  Oh c'mon, they're obviously beautiful, often misunderstood creatures.  I know *I* can't fashion an elaborate, aerial net solely from a product of my own body (though, to be honest, I have not tried).  And there are the active hunter-types as well.  Jumping spiders, in particular, move like little mechanical beasts in pursuit of prey or romance (you should see the crablike mating dance a male Pantropical jumper performs), and they aren't in the least bit camera shy (they've looked right up at me whenever I had a lens pointed in their direction).

And cats are...  Cats lol.  They're affectionate when they want to be, not simply because they saw you and you may have fed them that one time.  You've got to earn it.  They don't REALLY need you; they're natural scavengers.  There's at least a chance they'll eat part of you if you suddenly drop dead in front of them, and I respect that.  Waste not.  Beautiful, agile, flexible, mysterious, ferocious-when-they-hafta-be type animals.  That will...  Also chase a laser pointer as though it is their greatest enemy or the tastiest prey imaginable.

I wrote too much.

I love the platypus because it's just so ridiculous. I mean, come on! Look at it! It's fucking adorable, like it was created by god's daughter during "Take Your Child to Work Day".

But most of my favorite creatures are ocean-dwelling. I have always been fascinated by marine biology, especially the arthropods. The physiology of lobsters, crabs, and shrimp are interesting enough to keep me occupied for days. (Plus, they're delicious!)

• Brohoof 1

Favourite land animal: Badger

While a badger is pretty small, it is often a hotheaded animal for it's size. It can take on a grizzly bear and survive.

Favourite Sea creature: Orcas (Killer Whales)

Since when I watched Free Willy when I was little, I love Killer Whales. And from where I live, you don't even have to go to Seaworld to see these majestic creatures.

Favourite Bird: Peregrine Falcon

While I do love the much feared Bald Eagle, I love the Peregrine Falcon as it is the fastest bird in the world.