Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your favorite animals?

moneyshredderofdeath

I'd have to say...the red tail boa constrictor, I used to have a pet red tail boa constrictor and I'd let him sleep wrapped around my neck at night, including when I myself was sleeping. He was just so cute.

This is what one looks like.

red-tail-boa-faq-logo-snake.jpg

Penguins.

They're badass. They have to travel - waddle, strutting like they own the Antarctic because they're badass - seventy miles twice a year, once for breeding at a stable ice plain, and again for catching fish in the ocean like a badass. They survive a six-month Antarctic night full of furious cold winds by huddling together - that's teamwork, and that's badass! And then once breeding's done, they give birth to the cutest things ever that will grow up to be equally badass.

Also, they are incredibly cute and curious animals. Flightless birds have it tough, but penguins prosper!

Hey, you know what else is cool about penguins? Not many people know it, but after the Falklands War ended, a load of Gentoo penguins were able to inhabit the land where leftover landmines had created a danger area for tourists. They're too light to set off the land mines, but humans are, so nobody's permitted to step on the land for fear of blowing themselves up. They strut around in their own little turf knowing that they can't be touched - like a badass!

How about some pictures of their cute badassery?

img-1660193-1-GentooPenguin_CynthiaWalpo

img-1660193-2-emperor_penguin_chick.jpg

Don't forgot how completely deadly penguins are.

Yes, those are razor teeth.

o3vze.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I have two

The first is the Moose

post-17521-0-85882300-1374015941.jpg

Just look at that thing! The most badass antlers you'll ever see

Makes me wish I was Canadian

The second is the Platypus

post-17521-0-21996800-1374016090.jpg

I have no idea how a mix of a duck, an otter and a beaver could look so weird but so adorable

Birds or squirrels. Tough call between the two of those. They're both very cute and delicate and both can have a lot of personality. I'd be happy with having either as a pet. When it comes to birds, my favorite is the sparrow or the finch.

• Brohoof 1

Hi there, @@EmeraldDazzle. The thread you created has been merged with an older thread discussing the same topic. I hope that all members will continue to contribute to this discussion. ;)

Favorite animal for me is a wolf.

I love anteaters, because they are adorable. They are definitely one of my favorite animals. I love a ton of animals though: bears, fish, giraffes, ferrets, and more. But, I'd have to say that another particular favorite animal of mine would be the lightning bug. Seeing their lights blinking over the lawn at twilight is wondrous.

• Brohoof 1

It seems like I'm a dyed-in-the-wool dog person, haha. Four years ago we got a small fluffy addition to our family, which not only deepened my interest in dog training, but also made me like smaller breeds, too. So, yeah, dogs. DOGS.  :yay: 

I also love hedgehogs! I once had an African pygmy hedgehog as a pet and I'm pretty sure that someday I'll welcome another ball of spikes to my home.

• Brohoof 1

Rats and cats.

But also:

Cheetahs

Maned Wolf

Raccoon Dog

Skunks

Snakes

I'm super fond of most members of the cat family though. But having pet rats and pet cats has made me love them more than most!

My favourite animals are:

Foxes

Wolves 

African Wild Dogs

Komodo Dragons

Cats 

Hawks

Reptiles in general.

My all-time favourite would have to be Wolves though, I just like the way they look and how many variations they come in whether it be artwork or by nature.  

_yardwolf__by_uppertorso.jpg

*Yardwolf by Uppertorso on Deviantart  :wub:  

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Wolves are my favorite animals, because they are bloodthirsty and ruthless animals that are very skillful at hunting by taking any opportunity that they can take to hunt their prey and possibly devour them. They can pick apart a small vermin or hunt for sustinence in any shape or size.

• Brohoof 1

Spiders and scorpions, especially when they are not in anywhere near me D:

I love horses :3 I should be the only one who finds them cute.

Ok, to be honest, I almost find all the animals cute. And love most of them but these are the most interesting ones in my opinion. I just like horses by the way they are not interesting as spiders. Also dinosaurs are really interesting in my opinion. I did consider becoming a paleontologist many times.

Edit: ALSO TURTLES AND TORTOISES. I LOVE THEM.

Edited by Hecarim

Red-tailed%20Hawk%200026.jpg

This ^

I'm a huge bird lover. They are truly magnificent creatures :D I can watch them for hours... 

That's a picture of my favorite kind of bird; the Red-Tailed Hawk :D But I do love any kind of bird with the ability of flight, barring pigeons, cuckoo birds, cowbirds, or any parasitic bird for that matter. (Pigeons aren't parasitic, but still, I don't like them.) But as for the rest....They just are so...awesome!!! :D  :wub:

• 4 months later...

Title topic says it all. What's your favourite animal and why?

My favourite is the ferret. Their long bodies and cute faces makes them so adorable. I also really like birds, especially Bald Eagles. :P

• Brohoof 1

Favorite pet animal: Cat. I enjoy their company more than most humans.

Favorite Wild animal: Tiger. They're absolutely gorgeous with those stripes. I've always wanted to pet a baby tiger.

Favorite Sea creature: Octopus. I kind of want one as a pet. I've heard they're very hard and expensive to take care of though.

• Brohoof 1