Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite character that isn't a part of the mane six

Bowser

Mayor Mare:

post-13690-0-66541300-1373388206.png

She needs more love. Seriously, why is she so ignored in this fandom? She has a great design and voice, and is the mayor of Ponyville for crying out loud! Very underrated.

Silver Spoon and Sweetie Belle are among my non-Mane 6 favorites as well.

For me it is Princess Luna, I am a sucker for a good redemption story and her struggles to fit into modern mainstream society are very relatable. And that combination of her being powerful yet vulnerable makes her a very interesting and compelling character.

I really can't understand the love Derpy gets. She was kinda amusing at first, but now it's just... bleh. She's overrated, and she doesn't really have any character depth other than being a derp :P

As for my non-mane 6 favorite... It's a tough one. I guess I'd say Scootaloo, because of how badly she wants to be like Rainbow Dash. She'll realize one day that she should be her own pony, though... I hope.

It's a tossup between Scootaloo and Luna. Scoots is cute and has a quirky personality, and Luna has a beautiful character design, and interesting personality traits of her own.

Well, I'm going to go along with about half of this thread and say Scootaloo, though all the original CMC are great.

As for the other half, I haven't properly paid attention to Luna - particularly not after realising she was also voiced by Tabitha St. Germain! Now I'm going to have to watch the whole thing again, aren't I. What a shame...

Check out my profile. I have Princess Cadence, Princess Luna, Derpy, and Zecora tied for second place when I list my favorites. This means they tie for first in the non - Mane 6 listing.

Edited by True Rarity

• 1 month later...

Sweetie Belle! She is best pony in my opinion. She's just sooooooooooooo cute and I relate to her a lot, with her big sister and finding who she truly is and with the singing and all of those things!

1. Apple bloom - the cuteness :)

2. Luna - dat mane

3. Vinyl - I have a Vinyl shirt

4. Trixie - always liked her

5. Granny Smith - she's just freaking cute ok

don't really think those are in order btw

1.Big Macintosh (strong and silent)

2.Braeburn (a stallion has no right to be that adorable)

3.Cloudchaser (her hair is so distinct for a background pony)

4.Any Night Guard (I really like their colours)

5.Spitfire (she does the aircraft's name justice xD)

*btw, when she says "That's a new academy record". Anyone ever wondered if those are HER records that RD & LD are pissing all over? She's taking it rather well if they are.

Easily Sombra. However the show does him no justice, I would base this off the Fan fics / stories I've read that actually show his backstory alot better, Sombras life before turning evil is just as interesting as his reign of terror :) 

Vinyl Scratch. She brings da wubs!

But seriously, Vinyl Scratch. With out the community, she wouldn't have really existed, like a lot of the background characters.

Vinyl Scratch sounds better than DJ-Pon3. 

lightning_dust_is_ready__svg__by_hankoff

Easily my favorite antagonist to date. I love villains that pull "not so different" and other great tropes, and Lightning Dust is just a perfect way to show how much Rainbow Dash has grown. And with her combination of hard work and sociopathy, she's a fascinating pony in her own right. Go Lightning Dust!