Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever go into threads because a member you like was in it?

Evilshy

I don't run into a thread simply because a member I like posts in it. Unless the topic is something I'd care about seeing their response to. My list, in alphabetical order, goes like this.

• Blue
  • Doctor XFizzle
  • Flare
  • Fluttershy
  • Hayze
  • Jokuc
  • Jonke
  • NewCalamity
  • Pinkazoid
  • Shankveld
  • Thereisnospoon
  • Tom the Diamond

That's not to say I don't care about your posts if you aren't on this list, but these users tend to catch my eye a little more often. :P

Not to mention I stalk a few of these members.

• Brohoof 6

In the past, I did that a lot. I still do it now, but less frequently, I just look for threads rather than looking for my friends that posted in threads.

No...I don't know anyone here because im new :blush:

Can't say I'm new here but I'm not that active here so...people here...they're still strangers to me except a two or three people.

(edited)

Am I the only one refreshing to see if someone mentions you? xD

That's also my problem. XD

Sometimes I do, but I check the topic title first.

Bingo. Flare got that for me.

But I mostly go in because I'm curious, not just another user... or to see how someone rated me/my OCs... :blush:

Edited by Fluttershy's Brother

I do not, I look at the thread title, read the original post, if they are interesting to me, I will go through all of the posts made by everyone, and see if I can bring something interesting to that thread. I don't want to derp and write the same thing someone else said already, or atleast not say something that has already been said without expanding on it, or refuting it. Then I will wall my text.

Although I do see trends of certain people making good and worthwhile points, which make threads more interesting. But sometimes I just ignore who posted and make my point myself. Although I doubt many read my posts though.

• 10 months later...

No I usually don't, I just run through the back pages of the general discussion tell I find a thread that seems interesting, or something good pops up on the main page. Though I will say whenever someone mentions me, I than would say I go into the thread just because of them :P

I'll do this, as well as if it is one of my friends. I also sometimes accidentally join in on other threads because I see that someone I know commented last, and I think he created the thread.

I follow DusK into political threads. I've been trying to stay out of political discussion for the most part, but even if I don't always agree with him, I like watching him argue. It's entertaining.

Nah, I simply browse whatever topic happens to pique my interest and respond if I have something to say. I do have my favorite and not-so-favorite members though *cough*.

Actually, I've never really done that before. If it's an art thread with heaps of posts, then I'll go in it. If it's an interesting topic, then I'll post there. But a member I like? Never really paid much attention before.

I'll admit it. I'll occasionally do this. But most of the time I'll just take a chance and go into it, not because someone I like is in it, but because, well I don't know. Maybe I'll actually be interested in it.

Usually I do. I like a lot of members, while some members don't like me. But, I usually just lurk around threads when I am bored and threads entertain me sometimes.

I stalk a lot of people on here, but for me I might go in and look at the thread but I might not post anything.  If I have nothing to contribute I usually go back out into the index and wait for things to happen. :3

Any post involving Zygen, DJ-BRONI3, Thereisnospoon, and Blue I would always traverse. They always have something neat and interesting to say.

Any thread involving musical analysis I will jump at it instantly.

That's... about it haha.

I do, there're 3 members on the forums that always have very interesting things to say and I always want to check it out if I happen to come across a thread with them being the latest poster. Not that I only have eye for their posts, I skim through a complete thread unless there're more than 5 pages (I'm a fast reader). But theirs are always the ones that makes me check out a thread that seemed a bit uninteresting to me at first.

Yeah, there are five or so members whose posts I just have to read when I see them as the latest post in a thread. So I often get drawn into threads that I had no intention of posting in just to read their post(s). I usually don't end up posting in those threads even after getting drawn to them though.