507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

Google Chrome. It's simple, fast, and easy to install add-ons. Looking at you, Internet Explorer :okiedokielokie:

Chrome. Despite it's rather heavy resource consumption, it's a well designed, user friendly browser. (Kinda sad that i still managed to accidently sync with my friends' school project account... they noticed my browsing history, LOL).

Hey there, @BronyPony. There was already a topic in existence for sharing what internet browser you use, so I merged yours into it.

Additionally, this topic has an older poll that has many more votes, so that should hopefully provide you with more useful information for your project.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Since Chrome's release, I've used that 99% of the time, with the rare case of me needing to open Internet Explorer or Firefox for some reason (such as Chrome crashing on me, giving me some sort of error, etc). I prefer Chrome's minimalistic approach. Its simple, fast, and easy to configure. I don't necessarily need anything fancy in regards to a browser. Just something that's effective, and Chrome fits that role.

Except, recently Chrome has been bugging out on me. Every now and then, audio will stop working on videos, or I'll get the occasional crash, so I've been using Firefox as my default browser for the past few days. I'm enjoying it so far. Its a lot better than it used to be pre-Chrome (the constant slow-downs and crashes made me switch in the first place). Performance wise, its still about neck-and-neck with Chrome, though I still believe I prefer Chrome, and will likely return to using that again as my default once the bugs get ironed out.

As for other browsers, I've tried Safari, Opera, and of course Internet Explorer; none of which were particularly good. They're serviceable, but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't recommend them over Firefox or Chrome, personally.

• Brohoof 1

Opera. I feel like it has a better design over Chrome yet it still runs under Chromium.

I've always used Firefox, I don't understand Chrome's success... :wacko:

Chrome's just generally the fastest in almost all tests.

Depends on which PC i'm using,to be honest.

On my normal PC,i use Chrome,but,when i'm on my laptop,i use Firefox.

Does anyone remember Netscape?

Of course. It was my main browser until I switched to Opera 3.6 back in, oooh... late 1999, early 2000?

Current versions of Opera are not much more than rebranded versions of Chromium.

I still use classic Opera (version 12.16 to be precise), but the lack of development on it worries me. I've tried out other browsers, such as Chrome, but none of them match Opera for speed and usability. So I don't really know where to go.  :(