Opinions of haters?

Gone Airbourne

You can hate without desiring death, just as a person can be hostile without wanting bodily injury.

Hatred of a group starts when you enter an "us and them" mindset which is different than hating an individual because you stop seeing a group of people as individuals. There is a death of sorts that occurs in both ... empathy dies. It's the unfortunate side affect of a social species that places such an emphasis on tribalism.

But, yes there are those that would hate strongly enough to either murder, wish murder, or find the death of a person acceptable based on a specific trait or aspect. Though I doubt all Brony haters meet that criteria, just as I know Democrats don't want all Republicans to drop dead.

• Brohoof 1

If anybody does hate us, they need psychiatric treatment! Because hate is extremely strong, I think of it as a feeling so strong that you want the other person dead. Do you really think people want that just because we watch MLP?

Oh my dear! You must have had such a sheltered life! Please find somepony to hold your hoof as they give you a tour of the real world, because it's really ugly out there.

On a one-stallion war against all trolls

Oh no, they hate us. It's a bandwagon, they hate what's big at the time. When MLP dies down from mainstream, they'll leave and start hating the next big mainstream thing.

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

(edited)

I think most Brony Haters hate what they THINK we are.  If you are told / believe that Bronies are pedophiles, you are likely to hate them.  If you are homophobic or anti-gay and you are told/ believe that all Bronies are gay, you are likely to hate them.  If you are told / believe that MLP is only a show for little girls, you are likely to think that any adult who likes the show is some sort of a weirdo and you are likely to hate them.

The problem with most haters are either they are bullies and hating Bronies makes them feel better or they are ignorant as to what the fandom is really about and they are "hating" blindly.

But think for a minute- it's like anything in the news, bad press gets larger than life and stereotypes occur.  The haters are probably not that big in numbers but they are so vocal that they seem to be.  

The best thing to do is hope they eventually hear some words of common sense out of someone regarding the fandom.  But at the very least, ignore them.  Stop going to their videos or their postings.  If you know someone wrote crap about us don't give them the numbers!  It doesn't matter what they are saying because we know it isn't true.

Steal their thunder and they will whither away and find another group to terrorize. 

Edited by Diva Pony

I don't know about you guys, but I love running into haters. Haters make my day.  :lol: Yelling the same insult at me over and over again is just funny to me. All the haters I've encountered we're all from COD: BO2. Its not my fault they talk trash and then I hand their ass to them. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Just because they hate on us does not mean we can hate on them rub it off it's nothing really some haters have reason so the way some kind of shove ponies in there faces some of the stuff we post can be inappropriate (I don't post that stuff to be honest) the way some complain over small stuff

I am going to be honest though that happens in every fandom but I do respect haters options what I do hate is how they hate, troll and so on us some are kind of reasonable others (ponies are gay) and other bad reasons I cannot like I also do not like by any case of them insulting the fandom we (most the time) don't do it back if they don't like us just keep it in there head I am fine if they are not so keen on the fandom it's just if they hate around everyone they need to keep it in there head if they don't like us we even may not like other fandoms but we do not complain I am not saying I like the haters (at all) but I do understand (some odd stuff) but I will never join them I love this fandom no matter what they think ponies are my life trust me.

Edited by Everleaf

The deepest of the Everfree!

I understand where they are coming from. Many of the alleged "haters" I've spoken with simply have a distorted view of the fandom. They still believe that most bronies don't watch the show, and are only involved because it's "the latest trend," or because "they want to shock people." (And let's not pretend as if none of these things could have ever happened.)

Throw on top of that heaps of spam and R34, and it's understandable why there are "haters." If it wasn't for the fact that I watched MLP, could be labeled such.

post-8308-0-23356900-1390949572.png

Sig made by Kyoshi.

Cool things people have said about me:

Never heard of him but I guess just you mentioning him is a good reason not to go anywhere near that name.

(In reference to an author I suggested.)

I understand where they are coming from. Many of the alleged "haters" I've spoken with simply have a distorted view of the fandom. They still believe that most bronies don't watch the show, and are only involved because it's "the latest trend," or because "they want to shock people." (And let's not pretend as if none of these things could have ever happened.)

Throw on top of that heaps of spam and R34, and it's understandable why there are "haters." If it wasn't for the fact that I watched MLP, could be labeled such.

Interesting thoughts of theirs I got to say if so they think that is the case it is reasonable but give no reason to send hate everywhere on the internet but that would be a good thought that made many hate true or not but myself the show is awesome :3

The deepest of the Everfree!

Hater are everywhere, as that age old internet saying goes "don't feed the trolls". People just tend to hate what they don't understand or don't want to understand, as far as haters are concerned every single brony is a clopper and a troll, when in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. Like anything we come in all shapes and sizes, from all walks of life, and we all have different interests, so really who are they to judge?

8r6aiHM.png

hmmm things have changed now, now the brony haters are bronies themselves, and this fandom in general is disgusting. Tthat doesn't mean we have pretty good bronies who never forget what's the most important of it in the very beginning. Friendship.

That's why I stick to do art and interact with small group of bronies.  >_>

signature_by_kyle23emma-d626v04.gif

My OC's: Motion Spark || Beat Spark || Rosebelle

Sorry, I don't take REQUESTS!

Uh, hi... I would like to say, as a once anti-brony (a very outgoing one at that...) I want to apologize for what I and others have done to you all... You all are really nice people and I know what I did and what others are still doing isn't right... This fandom is one of the nicest, most amazing groups of people I have ever met, and I would be so sad if it ever disappeared as many desperately want it too... I really do enjoy what this community is like and all the people here... I hope one day I will be able to make up for what I said and did to the bronies of the world but for now I hope you all don't mind me giving out this simple apology...

• Brohoof 1

ePKfNjC.gif

Thank you Pinkamena-Pills for resizing the original, and putting that little message at the end

Since your topic deals with opinions on brony haters, I've taken the liberty of merging it with an existing thread. Just a heads up. 

They're people with opinions. Hurtful and wrong ones for that matter, but they're still just opinions. Most are intentional lies and attacks from what I've seen, but the point is is that they are not the truth of who we are.

Think what they will. It's best to ignore them and just be yourself.

AcXXucv.jpg

Credit to Kyoshi for the awesome signature!

Pretty much what most people have already said. It's not like anyone is going to take them seriously, and actually get offended by them. ...Right?

I tried walking or shrugging it off but unfortunately for me, that didn't work. I recieved hateful Facebook messages from a classmate and tried walking it of, but then the burning hate set in. I hate them. I tried being nice and got smacked in the face with being kind. Some people won't change or accept.

I guess I take a passive aggressive view of haters.

The "fuck the haters" attitude some people have in response to is one I've never cared for. It can simply mean to ignore them and not be upset for their opinions, but more often than not is meant aggressively and creates a bit of a double standard.

My opinion of anyone who would hate a person for watching a TV show that said hater simply doesn't appreciate or hasn't seen, is that he's probably the type of person who only believes whatever he wants to believe regardless of what's presented to him. In all likelihood he doesn't even believe any of what he's saying. If that's the case, I don't see why it should be any concern of mine.

sig-6104.5e1fEdB.png

Kyoshi made this ^^

Come join us on

Equestria.tv on Fridays at 6 PM Eastern for our weekly movie nights!