Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you buy Pony stuff?

Juggler

(edited)

Why do I buy this stuff? WHY DO I BUY THIS STUFF? I'LL TELL YOU WHY! cause fuck you thats why

Posted Image

;)

OH THANKS xD I was just about to post that picture xD

Posted Image

AAAAnd I buy ponies because they are ponies. Enough said.

Edited by isobelthegreat

For incredible swag levels if its clothing, and for the fact its nice to have some merch.

Seems like most people enjoy showing support for...whatever it may be. Ponies just happen to be one of our outlets. I proudly wear my brony t-shirt and fluttershy necklace, couldn't really point to a specific reason why. (Perhaps a bit selfish; "Look at me, don't you just love my pony stuff?" :P)

I buy them because they give me something to look forward to spending money on. People just like to collect things, and what better things to collect than ponies? I have two shirts, and wearing a pony shirt is like wearing a shirt of your favorite band. It just feels right. Also, buying the merch supports the show and Hasbro.

Also, if you love ponies, why would you not want to have a little pony of your own?

The inner child in me believe that Toy Story is real and that the ponies I own come to life when I'm not around.

Real answer: I love collecting things I like, i.e. video games, sports stuff, and ponies!

• Brohoof 1

I don't buy 'em, but if I had to I'd buy an Applejack plushie :wub:

Now come to think of it, that sounds like a great idea *runs to shop*

OMG YOU AND ME HAVE THE SAME PICTURE. BRB GOTTA GO CHANGE IT

anyways, all I've bought is a brony bracelet, because If for whatever reason I do get to buy ponies, I wont play with them, they WILL collect dust, and the shirts... I wont wear because i'm that much of a pussy. The bracelet is subtle but can be noticed by fans, thus leading to discussion about ponies, thus leading to :D

I made a keychain out of a Fluttershy figure from McDonalds. Why did I do it? Because I'm a badass, and I don't care if people don't like it. I put that shit on my backpack, too.

BRO! GIMME DAT

it'll go next to my Spain keychain thats been ever-so-lonely on my backpack. I just need an Applejack one kay?

i dont give a shit about what other people think of me being a brony so, i guess thats why

This +1

I openly display my bronyness, i have a Cutie mark crusaders logo sticker on my car, a Rainbow dash hanging from the mirror, i listen to pony music and wear pony clothes and i display my pony toys/figures in a display cabinet.

I collect all sorts of random trinkets and figures, especially related to stuff I like. So to me it's just an extension of that. I like collecting things because it makes my rooms more interesting to look at, shows my taste in stuff off, and I like the thrill of hunting down various things. I almost never buy stuff online, because finding them in real life is part of the thrill. Of course, I've broken that rule a few times, if it was something I really wanted, and the likelihood of my finding it in real life was pretty much nil.

Which is why I'm glad the Asda near me has finally started stocking MLP figures! I grabbed the four-pack of Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, and a couple of blind bags which turned out to be glow-in-the-dark Twilight and Sprinkle Stripe. Who I'd never heard of, but sounds delicious.

I buy the toys (brushables, mini blind bag figures) because I like toys anyway. Always have. I don't buy the shirts, although I probably would have when I was a teenager.

I buy the merch because I like collecting things, and it's a great way to support the show if you don't want to buy the episodes online. One of the main things that keeps me involved in this fandom is waiting for the new releases and discussing them with others while waiting for them to actually hit store shelves. And there isn't much that can beat the feeling of finding something you've been missing for a while and finally adding it to the collection. :D

Being a closet creature, I do not buy any pony stuff. I would be too shy to wear shirts, and when it comes to figures, well, I have yet to see one I would consider worth the payment :/ (note that I've only seen like 4 so far). I didn't like any of the figures I've stumbled across (AJ, Celestia, Twi and something I'm not sure about), manely because of their heads, they seemed a bit odd to me.

But I can definitely see why would you buy the stuff. I would personally buy it to put it somewhere where I would see it on my everyday routine, like in my school changing box, so I'd get reminded of ponies and get my mood instantly up (as it happens when I think of ponies).

maybe I would buy a plushie of my own OC because I am like that. *squee* I don't care if you judge me I love the show. I wish I had a girlfriend that had the personalty of fluttershy.