Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The most RIDICULOUS amounts of money spent on ponies?

Matus

(edited)

I saw that someone was spending $400 on a DJ-PON3 plushie (Bronyism's FB page) and someone bought a Fluttershy Doormat for $10,000. Anyone else see anymore ridiculous offers/buys? I mean I know people like ponies a lot but 10,000 is a lot don't you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Matus
  • Brohoof 2

I've probably spent close to $400 on all my pony stuff (maybe more) and what?

If they want it and they have the money, then let it be.

~

I have no problem with that But Im saying its a bit over the top. You spent $400 on ALL your stuff, not just one, right? thats fine. Im just saying, wow, 10k?!?

(edited)

i'm all for spending money on ponies, but that much? not for me. lol, i just can't afford it! :P well, not many people can afford it anyway.

Yeah! thats what Im saying its amazing how much of a fan some people are, to spend this amount of money at hard times like these

Edited by Matus

I have no problem with that But Im saying its a bit over the top. You spent $400 on ALL your stuff, not just one, right? thats fine. Im just saying, wow, 10k?!?

I work 60 hour work-weeks, I deserve to be rewarded x)

and yes all my stuff.

I have a plushie, two sweaters, a bracelet, a poster and 7 plastic pony toys.

~

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I've probably spent close to $400 on all my pony stuff (maybe more) and what?

If they want it and they have the money, then let it be.

~

Like the OP said, that's including all of your fabulous pony swag. Someone just threw $10,000 at another person in order to wipe their feet on Fluttershy's face.

Seriously. Dafaq?

Edited by Guest

Why would a person pay that much for something so easy to make AND get.

The most money I've spent on ponies is about 11 dollars. That's insaaaane, I know.

Wow...That person has to be one of the richest bronies in the world if he spent $10,000 on a doormat. I could probably spend a little over $150-200 on separate pony stuff, but to spend $10,000 on one small doormat is insane...

(edited)

Remember that Lyra plushie? yeah that one... It was sold for $750 to a 40 year old man who didn't have a job and lived alone in a crappy one room apartment and couldn't even pay his monthly taxes... Just think about that for a while

Edited by thesteampunkninja
  • Brohoof 4

Lol EQD posted a link to a store that sells gold plated MLP brushables with diamond eyes for 400-something dollars. 10k for a doormat is WAY to much considering you could probably call of a doormat manufacturer and have 100 doormats constructed for the same amount. I'm sure there is a "custom" doormat creation website somewhere for a fraction of that price. xD

Lol EQD posted a link to a store that sells gold plated MLP brushables with diamond eyes for 400-something dollars. 10k for a doormat is WAY to much considering you could probably call of a doormat manufacturer and have 100 doormats constructed for the same amount. I'm sure there is a "custom" doormat creation website somewhere for a fraction of that price. xD

Now that I think about it, your right. Somewhere, Someone has some custom rug service for at least one tenth of $10,000

• Brohoof 1

For that fluttershy doormat those were probably just troll bids. They happen more often then you think. Someone bids outrageous amounts and then dont pay for the goods. It's happened to a couple of plushies I've seen causing some people to think they are getting a couple thousand for their work then it was a troll. Some people do it on purpose to try to get the goods for cheaper later using their real ebay accounts. Since the plush won't go into another compilation post and people think it already sold there won't be as many bidders so it sells for cheaper than it probably would have the first time around.

The most expensive real bid that I can recall of the top of my head is the first life size rainbow dash plush that sold for about 5000.

Posted Image

I don't know what's worse.. People paying that much or the people that have the common pony stuff and think it's worth a lot more..

I saw a blind bag Cherry Berry (Wave 3) with no card and the people said it was rare and not available in the U.S... I called them on their bullshit, I came across 4 of them while going through the blind bag box.

I know a woman who made a 4 foot tall Fluttershy that was excellent! Much better than that 5 grand Rainbow Dash and she wanted 600$ for it, it was completely hand stitched of Minky material.

I don't know what's worse.. People paying that much or the people that have the common pony stuff and think it's worth a lot more..

I saw a blind bag Cherry Berry (Wave 3) with no card and the people said it was rare and not available in the U.S... I called them on their bullshit, I came across 4 of them while going through the blind bag box.

I know a woman who made a 4 foot tall Fluttershy that was excellent! Much better than that 5 grand Rainbow Dash and she wanted 600$ for it, it was completely hand stitched of Minky material.

Now, $600 for that is reasonably priced. Its handstitched and its much bigger than the regular plushie you can get.

(edited)

This thread reminds me of that original Lauren Faust drawing of Twilight Sparkle reading a book that was sold for much.

Edited by Mr. Pillow

We've probably spent $400-500, possibly a little more...

50 or so toys

2 t-shirts

1 Derpy mailbag-style tote

1 DVD

The show in HD on iTunes

I'm also looking into getting some custom pieces made:

- a heavy duty luggage strap with my name and Luna's cutie mark (to easily identify my bag while traveling)

- various NLR and Shadow Bolt patches

Posted Image

The d***u person bumping the bid up the price from 2500 up by $4000 more looks to me like the workings of a hoax. Who would do that?? it's not like it's the Christies and everyone knows who bought your precious item, ebay is anonymous as. Could just have had a buddy's account, borrowed and returned that 10k.

Edited by enigmatia