Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

(edited)

Hitler was a political genius, but not much of a military strategist. 

I can agree to that statement. Probably would have had a far more positive yet still mixed legacy had he died 1939 or prior.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

(edited)

I find it amusing that Joseph Stallion is acceptable as a username but I expect something like Adolf Hoofler would result in instant ban (to be clear I have no opinion on user Joseph Stallion).

Don't know if unpopular opinion, is just my opinion.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

I find it amusing that Joseph Stallion is acceptable as a username but I expect something like Adolf Hoofler would result in instant ban (to be clear I have no opinion on user Joseph Stallion).

Wow, you just found me how to name Adolf in my WW2 alternate timeline! Many thanks to you Luna! Now I don't need to invent a new Celestia-Luna war anymore!

Wow, you just found me how to name Adolf in my WW2 alternate timeline! Many thanks to you Luna! Now I don't need to invent a new Celestia-Luna war anymore!

A crossover of reality and MLP universe? Hmm... You're welcome.

Probably because communism and nazi gospels are two very different things with two very different reasons to detest.

Probably because communism and nazi gospels are two very different things with two very different reasons to detest.

But in terms of Hitler and Stalin, there are parallels.

There are parallels. Both were ruthless dictators who relied on patriotism to get the war done, and Stalin actually caused more death (indirectly) than the genocide (20 million deaths in the Great Patriotic War compared to approximately 6 million executed Jews during the Final Solution.

yes but stalin may be responsible for many deaths and people support some of his ideals but for economic reasons, hitler with parallels has the whole lets be racist and kill unproductive people because their genes are inferior and wipe the jews out im sure hitler would kill every brony.  

(edited)

There are parallels. Both were ruthless dictators who relied on patriotism to get the war done, and Stalin actually caused more death (indirectly) than the genocide (20 million deaths in the Great Patriotic War compared to approximately 6 million executed Jews during the Final Solution.

People seem to often forget the remaining ~5 million in the Holocaust.

There is also Mao Zedong who I believe ended more lives than both Stalin and Hitler with failure of Great Leap Forward.

yes but stalin may be responsible for many deaths and people support some of his ideals but for economic reasons, hitler with parallels has the whole lets be racist and kill unproductive people because their genes are inferior and wipe the jews out im sure hitler would kill every brony.

I honestly would fear Stalin more because at least Hitler made clear who he targeted. Economic reasons yes but that did also result in the imprisonment or execution of the Kulaks, and significant numbers died from paranoia; if Stalin hadn't purged almost all military officers, USSR would have fought far more effectively in WW2. And, hypothetically, I doubt he would genocide Bronies if they were of approved ethnicities.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

(edited)

I have a very pessimistic view on mankind as a whole.

We always seem to have this idea of utopia where there's world peace and society has become technologically advanced.

I honestly believe that mankind will kill itself before we can even reach this stage.

Man is ultimately evil in my opinion and that is why we are incapable of progressing as a species.

It's funny, everytime I play Mass Effect I am awestruck by this great technologically advanced world, but then I am quickly saddened at the realization that we'll never reach this stage of perfection.

I just hope to God that my point of view is incorrect.

Edited by Commander Shepard

(edited)

I have a very pessimistic view on mankind as a whole.

We always seem to have this idea of utopia where there's world peace and society has become technologically advanced.

I honestly believe that mankind will kill itself before we can even reach this stage.

Man is ultimately evil in my opinion and that is why we are incapable of progressing as a species.

It's funny, everytime I play Mass Effect I am awestruck by this great technologically advanced world, but then I am quickly saddened at the realization that we'll never reach this stage of perfection.

I just hope to God that my point of view is incorrect.

We miraculously survived the Cold War.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

Not unpopular here, but I think it's okay to watch My Little Pony.

I think the Bible and Science are two sides of one coin, to some extent.

I think all fads are dumb.

Wearing a hat so as to reveal the under side of a brim is just plain stupid. 

I actually enjoy school, doing homework, and doing extensive research on a single subject until I know as much as I can on it.

I don't like Weird Al parodies. I think he's really good at writing original music and "style" parodies and it's very impressive with how accurately he recreates the songs, but I just cannot listen to his parodies of actual songs. They've always come off as "I get what you're going for, but it's not making me laugh" kind of funny.

• A lot of brony music is terrible.

Tart candy is better than sweet  candy.

Hey Arnold was the best 90's cartoon.

• Brohoof 2

• Vio-Lence > Machinehead

The former band of Robb Flynn and Phil Demmel is IMO way better than Machinehead, because to me Machinehead sounds like Thrash Metal but with too much metalcore influence in it, and I like Vio-lence because of the good old school Thrash music they played

• Metallica is Overrated but in the same time Underrated
  • the word Overrated is Overrated
  • I don't like Rarity, but only because of her personnality and I think her best episode for me is Inspiration Manifestation
  • Thrash Metal is best Metal sub-genre
  • I hate Metalcore and Deathcore with a passion

In regard to protecting minors from sensitive, offensive, disturbing, or otherwise adult-oriented media, I feel that content involving violence, drugs, weapons, and glorification of harmful and/or antisocial behavior (i.e. Fight Club) is far more damaging to a child's psychological development than "bad" language or sexuality. 

Sure, I don't think it's a good idea to let your 5 year old watch something with heavy profanity, because they might repeat it in public without knowing better. Likewise, it probably wouldn't be wise to allow your child to watch something with heavy sexual themes if they are not yet at the stage in their life when they care about that. And when they are, the parents should accompany the media with a mature discussion about how sexuality and its consequences work in the real world.

But I feel like the United States is extremely prudish about language and sexuality, acting like it's tearing down the moral fabric of the country, harming children, and so on. Yet, movies with intense action violence, gunfire, murder, body counts piling higher and higher often get a PG-13 rating, which of course means parents bring their 6 year old kids to it simply because it's not restricted. 

If or when I have children, I probably wouldn't allow them to watch movies or partake in other media with heavy violence until they were at least 15 years old. Even then, I'd evaluate it on a case-by-case basis: anything that glorified senseless violence or anything that combined sexuality with violence would be a categorical no until they were adults. And, I would discuss the content with them to make sure that they don't get any wrong ideas about reality based on what was depicted in the media. 

Sex? Swearing? Nudity? I don't give a fucking shit. Sex, when done responsibly with the right person at the right time, can result in life. Violence, while it can be right and necessary for self-defense purposes, can destroy life. I'm sick and tired of sex being treated like it's such a nasty, taboo topic while frenetic violence is deemed as harmless fun for kids. 

I have been exposed to a fair amount of violence in real life, whether through direct acts or indirectly through the overall culture of a demographic. I've seen tons and tons of extreme real-life and fictional violence on the internet, on the news, in movies, in music, and so on. It's not even remotely appropriate for children, and viewing it as more acceptable than sex is what is truly perverted.

• Brohoof 9

As much as I used to love her, Fluttershy is my least favorite Mane 6 pony. Not that I hate her, but after Putting Your Hoof Down, she just got kind of.. bland for me, with the exception of Hurricane Fluttershy.

And Starlight Glimmer as an antagonist was rather disappointing.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think the premier today had a hidden anti-communist agenda, I think it was about 6 colorful ponies trying to solve a friendship problem. I don't know, maybe I'm just naive but I'd rather take MLP if nothing else at face value. I couldn't even enjoy it if I was constantly looking for things like this.

• Brohoof 3