Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your reaction to Princess Cadence?

PonyPowaX1000

I have to say the creators pulled a fast one and made a lot more questions than answers.

I do like Cadence's personality and colour scheme though and I liked the episodes ;)

But I kinda wish she was introduced earlier on in the series

Overall I like her :lol:

What's your reaction?

She was too much of a Mary Sue for me. Evil Cadance was awesome though.

Didn't like Shining Armour either, they introduced them far too late. Why did Twi never mention them if they meant so much to her? :/

• Brohoof 8

The first time I saw her I thought to myself: Aww she was cute with Filly Twilight can't wait to see what else she does.

Towards the end I thought to myself Good but not Luna good.

8/10 Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I like her shes cool. She sorta embodies the traits of all the main characters. I really didn't mind that they waited to introduce her or shining armor either, I actually kind of like that they waited.

It makes more sense than people think for Twilight not to mention them also. I didn't tell me friends in highschool all about my family, even some of them that I knew for years. A lot of the time it's just not on the forefront of your mind or the situation doesn't call for you to talk about the past.

• Brohoof 2

Great color scheme = I like.

Well, I found it a bit odd that she just randomly popped out of nowhere, but otherwise she is a generally interesting character.

She's definitely the prettiest pony in my eyes, that's for sure.

I honestly didn't think much of her much when she was first revealed. From the trailers, I predicted that she'd be evil. Like actually evil, not with a Changeling pretending to be her. I just assumed she'd only brainwashed Shining Armor into marrying her because of personal gain, and maybe she wasn't even an alicorn but a unicorn using magic to look different. In the end, she'd reveal her true form and break Shining Armor's heart. A little too dark, perhaps?

So during part 1, I assumed that I actually was correct, until part 2 happened and it turned out that Cadance wasn't Cadance and the real Cadance reminded me of Disney Princesses (mostly Ariel and Rapunzel, idk why.) I didn't see her as a Mary-Sue, and sympathized with what she was going through. Seriously, after This Day Aria, I couldn't not feel bad for the poor girl. Think about it, she's been dreaming of this moment her whole life and suddenly a monster throws you in a cave, pretends to be you and pretends to love your finance. Honestly, I was surprised Cadance wasn't traumatized by the experience. Also, she saves her own "knight in shining armor", which was something I did not see coming.

All-in-all, she's a good character. Think about it, they could have made her an unlikable, perfect, overpowered brat who whines and complains 24/7. Yes, she is a toy-marketing princess gimmick, but she's also a well-written, multi-layered toy-marketing princess gimmick.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3

Very interesting and lovable character, but was introduced too late and seemed to come out of nowhere. Both her and Shining Armor (which btw has a very uncreative name) were described by twilight as super important in her early childhood, and yet were never mentioned in the show until that episode.

I think this is a flaw by the scriptwriter, as they could have made both much more important to the audience and with that increased the drama and anticipation in the 25/26 ep (which were supposed to be very dramatic and important since they were closing S2)

I see both of these characters as thrown potential.

I loved her tbh, a pony that can cause people to make up with each other / love each other is awesome and could really be used in RL today.

I also loved the way she spoke and was very kind all the time (such a bad way of putting what I mean ><)

She could have been introduced earlier, but I don't think it matter, shining armour should have been introduced earlier I think, especially being twilights bbbff and all it felt a little odd he was never mentioned before.

Can't wait to see her in the crystal kingdom arc :D

I loved Princess Candace I don't think the timing matters in allot of TV series important characters show up in the end of series. It's a way to draw more people in to watch how the new characters effect the show. But in my opinion Shinning Armor and Candace where right on time.

Meh, I felt like it was sudden, and i saw her colors and I got scared like.. "oh god she better not be like one of those scary g3.5 girly type muurfgggh ponies" And during the episode i was just like "SHES A BITCH!" literally screaming at my TV. lol

and then when it concluded i was just like "eh, alright, i can deal with this, i'm happy for everyone. :3"

I really liked Princess Cadence and I was not bothered by the fact that she came in at at the last episode. The way her was charter was introduced was done well, even if it was a flash back like Shining, but seeing as she was just a foal sitter, I think they got the job done by showing who she was to Twilight. Also she was a good singer.

The thing that I was bothered by was are these 2 going to come back to the show? They just were nice charters and it would stink if they were only one shots, but I think they well come back.

I thought see was pretty cool, nice and the animators had a excellent choice in coloring for her, I was also kinda shocked and I was all like **Another Alicorn!!!!! My Life is complete!!!!!** :o

I absolutely adored Princess Cadance, and not for how pretty she looks. She is a genuinely well-written character with a serious amount of potential. Caring, sweet, and kind fit her completely, and her chemistry with Twilight feels absolutely genuine despite not being discussed at all during the series until the two-part finale last season.

My exact reaction? /^3^/ SHE'S ADORABLE!

I was skeptical before seeing the episode. But she came of as a fairly fleshed out character, not just a story filler which I feared.

On my list she's second best pony.

I think the major problem people have with her, is that she's an alicorn and it doesn't fit the canon of the show at all.

• Brohoof 1

I thought she was a great character. During the first part of the episode, I was on varying degrees of like. During the 2nd part though, she became number 7 on my list of favorite ponies. So she was a great character.

I like her even though shes pretty close to being a mary sue type of Character but at least she has a likable personality.

My only problem is only the fact She and Shining Armour were introduced to late maybe it would've been better if we saw them in The Best Night Ever or any of the other times The Man 6 went to Canterlot.(But then again that would've taken away a few surprises from The Royal Wedding finale.)

She was alright. I liked Chrysalis' evil version of Cadance more than the real version. Probably because she is just a generic Princess. Still, she is quite fun to draw.

Part 1 reaction: I honestly thought that's how Cadence was gonna be the whole special, being rude and intolerable. First time I finished part 1, I didn't like her at all.

Part 2 reaction: Now I realize that was a fake, and the real Cadence is as good as what we saw in the flashback. Kinda makes sense, but I wasn't thinking at the time.

She is a tad cliche, but I still like her as a character. Color scheme is nice, and all that...

Saying that I was impressed with the way Cadence and Shining was introduced in the show would not be an accurate statement. I agree that they should have been introduced earlier in the series or at the very least mentioned or hinted at but I think the creators did well with what they were given. I did actually like the episode and I am not going to let some "shoulda" "coulda" "woulda" instnances nit pick at my good experience with the finale of season 2. Cadence, Shining, and Chrysalis are characters that really pleased some people and more to the point pleased the artists of the brony community. Also the fanfiction that came out of the plot holes that Cadence and Shining left open made for some really good fan fiction so I am not complaining.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=60nGtwzuTLc&feature=related

Something like that that...

Lol, this sums up my reaction to most of the first half of that episode, seriously, how did Twilight always love hanging out with her babysitter and never learn her full name...

My guess is simply that no one ever calls her Mi Amore Cadenza (except Netflix lol). She didn't even want to be called that at the altar.

Too forced. "I have a relative who's marrying your brother, and she happens to be your babysitter who had a huge impact on your fillyhood. Oh and you care alot about your brother, you just totally forgot about him for the past two years, same with Cadance."