Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes where you live famous?

Lost

You mean everglades?? Yes I live there too it's pretty awesome... And hot.. And moist... And g8ters'll bight jer hands cleen offayer ahrms

FUCKK THIS IS WHY I NEED COFFEE...Sorry....And You Live in Florida toooooo!? :D What City do you live in??

Well in Florida We Have Universal, Disney World, and Sea World :D But I live close to The Evergreens :3 (Down Below)

Posted Image

You mean everglades?? Yes I live there too it's pretty awesome... And hot.. And moist... And g8ters'll bight jer hands cleen offayer ahrms

I've visited Florida 15 times. It's awesome, granted it's my only taste of America, but I would be happy to live there :D

Well in Florida We Have Universal, Disney World, and Sea World :D But I live close to The Everglades :3 (Down Below)

Posted Image

Which is exactly i love the wonders of nature. Plus i liked going to Orlando for vacation it was awesome

I love my home state of Arizona. Here in the Phoenix, we are declared the kidnapping capital of the world! We also have this little illegal immigration problem. Our education is ranked 50th in the country! It is also blazing hot in the summer and we have been in a drought for the past forever.

All negativity aside, I really do like Arizona. I'm from the Phoenix valley and there is plenty to do. We're not as big as major Californian cities, but in my opinion Phoenix isn't too big or too small. The winters are amazing, so we get a flood of old people called "snow birds", who come to live in the winter months. Phoenix hosts a team from all four major sports leagues; NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA. Outside the valley there's the Grand Canyon of course, and Arizona is the primary home to the saguaro cactus. There is no risk of major disaster in Phoenix other than the slight risk for total water loss. No hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, or blizzards. If you can stand the heat 5-6 months of the year you'd love it!

• Brohoof 2

Well...

Pop culture

The film adaptation of the novel Blood Done Signed My Name was filmed in Shelby, as well as the film adaptations of The Hunger Games.[10]

A fictionalized version of the city is the setting of HBO comedy show, Eastbound & Down. Filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina, it bears little geographic or cultural resemblance to the real place. Actor–writer Danny McBride chose the location as an inspiration because of its size, attitude, and name.[11]

In the 10th episode of the TV show Make It or Break It, Shelby is mentioned as being the location of Lauren Tanner's mother.

On the 41st episode of the TV show Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, the host travels to the annual Livermush festival in Shelby.[12]

On November 11, 2007, the Oxygen Network's "Captured" aired a profile of the The Brenda Sue Brown Murder mystery that took place in Shelby, North Carolina in 1966. [13]

For more on my mostly boring city

http://en.wikipedia...._North_Carolina

See as I'm one of the few people from my country on this forum I may as well talk generally about that. I'm not too familiar with such things myself but I did find a few links that are relevant.

This link is to Yahoo answers which someone has posted a number of good things.

http://answers.yahoo...29193903AAhxSVO

This link is a longer one and is more about our achievements and Contributions to the world but still intresting.

http://www.whitehat....ntributions.asp

The thing that I find the most interesting in this article is that we almost single-handedly created the feature film. I have heard of and watched what's left of the film in question but I did not know that fact.

What makes my city famous? The Indy 500. Being home to way too many car companies in the early 1900's, including the likes of Duesenberg, Studebaker, Stutz, Auburn, and Packard. The 2nd most populous US State Capitol after Phoenix, AZ. The deathplace of Benjamin Harrison? Yep.

The winters are cold in Indiana, the summers humid. Why anyone would choose to live in this climate is beyond me. Indianapolis is the 137th nicest city in the US, and can be called the Racing capitol of the world (although I think that would go to the likes of Nurburgring). The falls are beautiful, and in the spring we have to watch out for the occasional tornado or two.

Edited by p51

1.The famous so-called Heroic Monument

Posted Image

Whoever invented that name got 0/10 on creativity

Made to commemorate that certain time in our history when my grandfathers' generation drove the Allied army away from the city, with sharpened sticks and balls of steel

2. Hooligans. Green hooligans, to be precise. They are very obsessed with my town's soccer team to an unhealthy level. Lots of violence

3. We have the second largest port on the country. Lots of people come and go, hard not to know about this place when you born in this side of Earth

Well, I go with Denver since where I live is the boondocks. Denver is where the cheeseburger was invented. Denver is also the only city to turn down hosting the olympics. We have over 300 days of sunshine. Pretty cool.

I love my home state of Arizona. Here in the Phoenix, we are declared the kidnapping capital of the world! We also have this little illegal immigration problem. Our education is ranked 50th in the country! It is also blazing hot in the summer and we have been in a drought for the past forever.

All negativity aside, I really do like Arizona. I'm from the Phoenix valley and there is plenty to do. We're not as big as major Californian cities, but in my opinion Phoenix isn't too big or too small. The winters are amazing, so we get a flood of old people called "snow birds", who come to live in the winter months. Phoenix hosts a team from all four major sports leagues; NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA. Outside the valley there's the Grand Canyon of course, and Arizona is the primary home to the saguaro cactus. There is no risk of major disaster in Phoenix other than the slight risk for total water loss. No hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, or blizzards. If you can stand the heat 5-6 months of the year you'd love it!

Yeah... you guys take all of our water... and then we have to have the water restrictions... can we have it back? Not that it matters, I'm actually moving to phoenix in a week.

Well, I go with Denver since where I live is the boondocks. Denver is where the cheeseburger was invented. Denver is also the only city to turn down hosting the olympics. We have over 300 days of sunshine. Pretty cool.

Yeah... you guys take all of our water... and then we have to have the water restrictions... can we have it back? Not that it matters, I'm actually moving to phoenix in a week.

Haha, Denver doesn't have as many reservoirs as we do, so your guys' droughts are a lot more dangerous. And besides, California steals both our water more!

And welcome to the desert :)

• Brohoof 1

Haha, Denver doesn't have as many reservoirs as we do, so your guys' droughts are a lot more dangerous. And besides, California steals both our water more!

And welcome to the desert :)

California is a bastard. And thank you for the welcome. It will quite the climate change but I did live in florida for a while so hopefully I can adjust ok.

Hurricane Katrina, Super Bowl XLIV, Mardi Gras, gumbo, jambalia, we're the only state to have parishes, and the French Quarter, the list goes on. If you still don't know, I suggest you read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans And if you do know, I still suggest that you read it

Edited by Vinyl Blade

Really......nothing, tho they say the place here called Hocking Hills is popular???? But honestly, Ohio...IDRK!!

I've been there before! I went ziplining a couple summers ago with my family. It was really fun!

Nothing really makes where I live exceptionally famous. It's a small Ohio town with a couple annual fairs and a little parade. I think in the next 10 years we might be notorious for drug capital of Ohio, but hopefully not.

Hmmmm. The first thing that comes to mind about my city is that Presisent J.F. Kennedy was assassinated here. Not much else other than the awesome lights of the city at night. :/