mega thread Your Favorite Episode?

AppleShy Sparkle

What i like in season 1 is episode 8 (look before u sleep) they were like arguements with apple jack and rarity in twilight's first slumber party, meanwhile in season  2 is episode 9 (sweet and elite) when rarity is hard on making the clothes for the fashion show by her friends wub.png

I rate the episodes on a scale of 1 to 10, in increments of .5 (except 9.75, which I assign to episodes which are ALMOST perfect but not quite). The ones I rated 9 or higher are:

9 - Awesome

Look Before You Sleep

Fall Weather Friends

Sonic Rainboom

Green Isn't Your Color

Sweet and Elite

Ponyville Confidential

A Canterlot Wedding

Too Many Pinkie Pies

Sleepless in Ponyville

9.5 - Fantastic

The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Hearts and Hooves Day

MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Magical Mystery Cure

9.75 - Stellar

Party of One

Lesson Zero

Sisterhooves Social

Wonderbolts Academy

And my favorite episode, and the only one to receive a perfect score is...

10 - Masterpiece

Hurricane Fluttershy

I love many episodes really, some more, some less, but my favorites would be...

• Magical Mystery Cure. Probably the episode I watched most, all in all. From the first time I saw it I loved it, and every single time I started to love it more and more. I love how we get very huge number of songs, ponies' twisted selves are kind of humerus, and of course, Twilight gets promoted to alicorn. Everything happens very fast (maybe even too fast), and not a single moment in this episode is boring. Not a single, from the beginning to the end.
  • Lesson Zero. Come on, can anyone just hate this episode? Twilight gets "all worked up over nothing" as Applejack said, and we get to see how devoted she is to her studies. Of course, it was always fairly obvious that she takes them seriously, but this seriously? I don't think so. One amazing episode, all in all.
  • Heath's Warming Eve. To be honest, the first time I watched this episode, I wasn't really thrilled with it. I liked it, but nothing special. But the next few times... <3 It definitely shows the meaning of friendship on different level, we get to see what hatred among people (ponies), as well as racism, brings to the world and how friendship really IS magic. The message of this episode is indeed one of the deepest in the whole show.
  • Cutie Mark Chronicles. By far, one of the most meaningful and thrilling episodes (to me). I love how we get to know mane 6 better, through their cutie mark stories. Each of their stories actually explains their later personalities better, as well as the elements those six represent. I also love the connection that they later discovered (through Sonic Rainboom), related to that "cheesy" report I also loved. It showed that the mane 6 were simply connected by fate. They had to meet, and that's wonderful <3 .
  • Sleepless in Ponyville. For a few reasons. The first reason is that it's finally Scootaloo's episode, something I've been waiting for for quite a long time. The second is how dark this episode was (campfire stories, monsters, belief in those stories, being scared...) and misunderstanding Scoots had to deal with. It deepened her character quite a lot, showing that she is a living being, and not only a CMC's tomboy. At the end, I loved the new sisterly relationship she made with RD, and how they both softened when they were together. They'll be an unstoppable team!

I love many more episodes, such as Luna Eclipsed, Wonderbolts Acadamy, all 2-parters, Hurricane Fluttershy and so, but these could be my top favorites ^^

• Brohoof 2

I like Wonderbolt Academy as my all time favourite, most because I like the idea of Rainbow Dash having a rival in Lightning Dust.

I also like Hearths Warming Eve. Again for Rainbow Dash as Commander Hurricane, tho Pinkie as Chancellor PuddingHat is also fun.

"Gonna let you in on a secret, Smart Cookie. The world is round, there is no up or down." :P

If i was more of a Twilight fan then I'd have Lesson Zero.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

It's a hard choice, but I've got to say Sleepless in Ponyville. The adorable Scootaloo moments, the way her wanting RD to look up to her is betrayed, the heartwarming moment when RD agrees to take Scootaloo under her wing, the message about facing fears ... I could go on, lol! I also love the humour (the episode has one of my favourite AJ moments with "how in tarnation does this pony know where it's goin'?").

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's kinda tough to say... so many good ones out there.

But my favorite (as of now) is probably "Too Many Pinkie Pies", the funniest episode I've seen.. I also liked the two-parters a lot (tossup between the Discord two-parter and the Canterlot Wedding one for my favorite) since they had the most interesting stories.

A lot of other good ones too..

"Hurricane Fluttershy".. loved the moral and it showcased Fluttershy really well.
"Dog and Pony Show".. loved the LOTR reference and how Rarity handled herself with the Diamond Dogs.
"Party of One".. Pinkie lol...
"The Swarm of the Century".. Pinkie again lol...also Star Trek reference *happy*
"A Friend Indeed".. Smile song!! But just an okay episode when the song is taken out...
"Cutie Mark Chronicles".. a classic. 
"Family Appreciation Day".. loved seeing Diamond Tiara getting absolutely trolled at the end of the episode after being such a jerk.
"Dragonshy".. wow, Fluttershy can be badass...

"Lesson Zero".. the writers were like, "Yea, we've been kind of unnecessarily putting Twilight in everywhere, here's us realizing she's going to be a better character now that we don't do that and let other characters learn morals....", also Twilight going nuts was funny.

But yea.. "Too Many Pinkie Pies", my fave...

Edited by DukeofCanterlot

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite episode...Oh god, so many great ones to choose. I think Magical Mystery Cure is my absolute favorite, but Party of One and A Dog and Pony Show will always be a close second :)

I think the top 5 in no particular order would be

One Bad Apple

Baby Cakes

Wonerbolts Academy

Luna Eclipsed (Rainbow Dash and that storm cloud had me in hysterics)

And last but not least the ultimate favourite episode would have to be Sleepless In Ponyville:

It’s the episode of MLP FIM I’ve watched the most often: and I’m a Scootaloo fan boy so that’s probably one of the reasons.

There are lots of reasons I love that episode the most and trying to say the favourite part would take too long and to be honest I'm too tired to really manage to word it in a way that isn't rambling nonsense, but in my opinion it had good mixture of well written drama, comedy and the ushual MLP FIM fun as expected.

Edited by Asherdangerdash

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are: Season 3 Episode 5: Magic Duel. It was refreshing to see Trixie again and also hearing Zecora rhyme just makes my day. Season 3 Episode 7: The Wonderbolt Academy. Talk about awesome. Spitfire was such a boss and Lightning Dust was a cool character. Go RD! Season 3: Episode 8: Apple Family Reunion. Lol @ Granny Smith and AJ is overloading herself with work again #mygosh. Nice to see Babs again and lol when Big Mac ate one of the apple fritters :D

• Brohoof 1

Why is PewDiePie a tag? :huh:

Well, regardless, my favorite is Hurricane Fluttershy! :squee:

I've never seen such a powerful episode in any cartoon, maybe even show.

It really, REALLY moved me. I was in tears at the end, and I wasn't even a Brony when I cried at the end. (Oh, and I don't cry often, either :ph34r: ) Just thought I'd throw that in there to look less feminine.

I also think Suited For Success deserves a S/O :D

It's #2, and it would be #1 if I didn't have sentimental attachment towards Hurricane Fluttershy. That's the best Rarity episode; it captures her true essence better than any other one she headlines in :D

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have been wanting to have this conversation for AGES!!! What's your favorite episode of the show and why?

My favorite has to be "The Dog and Pony Show" in Season 1 where Rarity, out hunting gems with Spike, gets kidnapped by the Dimond Dogs. It's by far my favorite because we see a new, rare kind of strength in Rarity that most poeple would never except her to have, since she had those Dogs paying her friends in gems to take her back. And, not gonna lie, I died laughing when the Dogs told her to stop whining, and she hams up her voice and kicks her complaints to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL. I do the same thing often, since I filter most of what I say but turn that off as soon as someone makes a comment like the Dogs did.

Just like Twilight said in her letter at the end of the show, Rarity showed a different and surprising kind of strength that people just don't even consider. The average person assumes that if you are like Rarity, you can't look after yourself in dangerous situations, that you are weak and girly, and Rarity proved them all not only wrong by down rigth silly. I mean, she made off with 6 carts of gems! She's a genius!

Share with me your insights, fellow bronies! Pretty please. :D

Season 2 Episode 25 & 26. I found the story to be very good and it was also the first appearance Shining Armor and Cadance,. They were to become my 2 favorite after that episode.

I just find the two to be very good characters. 

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoyed Party of One.

Also, Green isn't your color

Look before you sleep

Sweet and Elite

Idk mostly season 1 and 2 were all my favorites. Loved party of one though. lol :)

All of these are fantastic! I am also partial to anything Luna, since I am a noctunal creature myself. All of the season openers and finales were really well done, too. Party of One is my second favorite episode, since you really see the dark side of Pinkie's element there.

It's hard to chose. I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Lesson Zero, Just for Sidekicks, Applebuck Season, The Return of Harmony, and It's About Time are probably some of my favorites.

• Brohoof 1

I have been wanting to have this conversation for AGES!!! What's your favorite episode of the show and why? My favorite has to be "The Dog and Pony Show" in Season 1 where Rarity, out hunting gems with Spike, gets kidnapped by the Dimond Dogs. It's by far my favorite because we see a new, rare kind of strength in Rarity that most poeple would never except her to have, since she had those Dogs paying her friends in gems to take her back. And, not gonna lie, I died laughing when the Dogs told her to stop whining, and she hams up her voice and kicks her complaints to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL. I do the same thing often, since I filter most of what I say but turn that off as soon as someone makes a comment like the Dogs did. Just like Twilight said in her letter at the end of the show, Rarity showed a different and surprising kind of strength that people just don't even consider. The average person assumes that if you are like Rarity, you can't look after yourself in dangerous situations, that you are weak and girly, and Rarity proved them all not only wrong by down rigth silly. I mean, she made off with 6 carts of gems! She's a genius! Share with me your insights, fellow bronies! Pretty please. :D

Hey Eva Darklight, just letting you know that I merged your topic about favorite episodes with the one we already had here. It's a good idea to use the search function to see if a topic exists yet or not before creating it. Thanks for your understanding. :)

• Brohoof 1

Hey Eva Darklight, just letting you know that I merged your topic about favorite episodes with the one we already had here. It's a good idea to use the search function to see if a topic exists yet or not before creating it. Thanks for your understanding. :)

I completely didn't see the search button at first my Kindle browser makes everything so tiny! I'll def be more watchful in the future. :D

I LOVED Secret of My Excess. The episode was filled with humorous bits ( "I'm assaulting him with cake") and pop culture references. What I liked most about

this episode was Spike crushing on Rarity. Their interactions with one another, especially when the two were falling from the sky gave me the feels.