Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your Favorite Episode?

AppleShy Sparkle

Surprisingly as much as I love Rarity, Spike and Celestia, I have to say my favourite episode is still "Slice of Life."  It has to be the best representation of the different kinds of love that goes on behind the scenes in the show. I'm also a huge Big Lebowski fan, and their appearance in the show was just tops for me.

Probably the 20 best, by season-

Season 1- "Friendship is Magic", "Dragonshy", "Party of One"

Season 2- "The Return of Harmony", "Lesson Zero", "A Friend in Deed", "Luna Eclipsed"

Season 3- (None)

Season 4- "Castle-Maneia", "Pinkie Pride", "Somepony to Watch Over Me", "Inspiration Manifestation", "Twilight's Kingdom"

Season 5- "Slice of Life", "Amending Fences"

Season 6- "Spice Up Your Life", "To Where and Back Again"

Season 7- "A Royal Problem", "The Perfect Pear"

Season 8- "Mean Six", "Rockhoof and a Hard Place"

Edited by Dusk Noire
Updated to include Season 8.

Pinkie Pride is my favorite episode but that could change in the future in future seasons such as season 8 or 9 who knows we have at least 2 seasons to go but on the other hand new favorites for future reference could be upon us

Pinkie Pride is my favorite episode because a lot of stuff I like is in that episode like Pinkie Pie singing Make a Wish which is my favorite song from her I especially like the extended version that's on Spotify

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to choose, I would say A Royal Problem. The banter between Celestia and Luna is perfect. It was nice to see a more human side to them giving their characters more depth. More episodes like this are needed.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hurricane Fluttershy" still stands as my favorite episode. It's mostly just because I think it gets literally everything right, and I can't find anything about it that bothers me even a little.

I'm also particularly fond of episodes that go into Scootaloo's character because I'm biased. :P

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite each season 

season 1: Party Of One

2: Lesson Zero

3: Nothing here really wowed me that much, but I’ll say Sleepless In Ponyville 

4: It Ain’t Easy Being Breezies

5: Amending Fences

6: Gauntlet of Fire

7: Fluttershy Leans In

Equestria Girls movie: Rainbow Rocks

Edit: This probably will be slightly innacurate in about a few months or so; I plan on re-watching most of the episodes and looking at them more critically. So we'll see what happens I guess.

Edited by BlackPony
Announcement(Sort of)

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I've...never posted in this thread?! How is that possible? Well, whatever, I'm posting in it now!

So, anyway my favorite episode is Magical Mystery Cure, and I'm 99.9% sure it always will be. I've seen it so many times, and every time it makes me emotional. Probably has something to do with the fact that Twilight is my favorite fictional character ever and that I love her whole arc, huh? And I actually think it not being a two-parter works in it's favor; less was more in that case, IMO.

Some other favorites by season:

1: Winter Wrap Up, Green Isn't Your Color

2: Read It And Weep, Hurricane Fluttershy, Lesson Zero, A Canterlot Wedding (Yeah, I know this one's cool to hate these days, but darn it, I still think it's a blast to watch)

3: Keep Calm and Flutter On

4: Princess Twilight Sparkle, Maud Pie, Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

5: Crusader Of The Lost Mark, Amending Fences, Rarity Investigates, Make New Friends But Keep Discord

6: No Second Prances, The Saddle Row Review, Top Bolt, To Where And Back Again

7: Celestial Advice, All Bottled Up, Rock Solid Friendship, A Royal Problem, The Perfect Pear, Fame and Misfortune, Once Upon A Zeppelin, Uncommon Bond, Shadow Play (I like season 7.)

I'm not a critical type at all; I just go by how episodes make me feel. Being a critical type was how I stopped liking MLP in the first place; it took the joy of it out of me. So I'd rather not do that again. This post was way longer than I planned, whoops.

Edited by Callisto
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I haven’t seen many people pick this episode, but my favorite by far is the Mane Attraction. I loved Countess Coloratura as a character (even if we never saw her again), and that last song was the bee’s knees.

Runner up is probably Filli Vanilli.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite episode would have to be The Cutie Mark Chronicles. I loved getting to see the origins of the Mane 6 and how they were all connected by Dashie's first Sonic Rainboom that resulted in them getting their cutie marks. Also, this episode is probably when Fluttershy went from being my favorite pony to being my waifu for life :wub:

It's strange how I can feel nostalgic about something I watched 13 months ago :D

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of episodes I really really like, but they're all for different reasons, it'd be like comparing apples to oranges. It's also not really fair to compare the season premieres/finales with the other episodes, so I'll just list my favorites for each season, some with a short rationale:

1. Over a Barrel (introduces my favorite stallion), Sonic Rainboom (iconic imo)
  2. The Return of Harmony (best two-parter episode imo, Discord rules), Luna Eclipsed (such a nice portrayal of Luna's settling back in to society), Ponyville Confidential (underrated CMC episode that I find to be one of the funniest of all MLP episodes), A Canterlot Wedding (Chrysalis makes for the second best villain, plus the music is great)
  3. (None, S3 was my least favorite season)
  4. Filli Vanilli (that Flutter plot shake tho)
  5. Appleoosa's Most Wanted (best stallion returns as charming as ever, too bad they hecking misspelled the town's name in the title), Slice of Life (Dr. Whooves and Derpy? YES PLEASE!), Scare Master (Classic Flutter episode)
  6. (This was actually my favorite season overall) The Saddle Row Review (funniest episode ever), Stranger Than Fan Fiction (I identify with Quibble quite a lot), The Times They Are a Changeling (would've been ever better without that musical number at the end), Dungeons & Discords (such a nice episode with three awesome male characters as the focus) To Where and Back Again (though I don't like Trixie, pairing her with Discord and Thorax made for an interesting two-parter)
  7. Hard to Say Anything (nice romance in the show for once, plus I loved the ending where Feather Bangs got help from the CMCs since he said he was actually uncomfortable talking to mares, they could've left him one-dimensional), The Perfect Pear (so so so beautiful but so sad and hard to watch), Triple Threat (Ember is so hot has such a nice design and personality)
  8. (haven't seen S8 since it's not on Netflix)

In conclusion, my candidates for best episodes from these would probably be The Saddle Row Review, Stranger Than Fan Fiction, and The Perfect Pear. It's really hard to choose between these three because I like the first for its humor, the second for its story and characterizations, and the third for its emotional complexity.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Magical Mystery Cure actually is my favorite. I don't get why it gets so much hate. I was really proud of Twily. I even get the chills when I see her reveal her wings. This episode was a really story changing event that made what the other seasons what they are.

And don't get me started on liquid pride. :D

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...