movies/tv Worst Movie(s) You Have Ever Seen?

Miss Light Diamond

The Room takes number one for me as well. And if anyone is thinking of watching it, just don't. I warned you.

Second would be Trolls 2. God awful acting.

I disagree. People should watch it - for the humour that comes out of how much it fails. Convince yourself that Tommy Wiseau is genuinely trying to act passionately, and the rest is hilarity.

(What a story Mark.)

The worst film I ever actually went to a theatre and saw was Battlefield Earth.  I've seen some of the other ones mentioned (Plan 9, Meet the Spartans, Manos), but those didn't cost me one thin dime, thankfully.  Also of note: Mac & Me.

It's hard to say because there are so many subtle degrees of bad. If bad is your idea of being bored to death, Dark Harvest 2 is the perfect choice. (One goof and two shrieky girls running around a cornfield maze for 90 minutes = win!) If you want the offensive kind of bad, Zombiez brought blaxsploitation back from the dead (literally). If you want a comedy so unfunny it will kill your own sense of humor for the rest of the day, think Napoleon Dynamite. A really bad action movie? Laser Mission. Big-budget awfulness? Battlefield Earth and Batman & Robin. And so on. So it's hard to pick just one.

@ Barbossa, @ Harvan: I'm an MST3K freak and have seen some extremely bad movies they did-Hobgoblins, Manos, Future War. But ask them about the movies they didn't do, and they'll tell you things got so much worse than that. tongue.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

It's hard to say because there are so many subtle degrees of bad. If bad is your idea of being bored to death, Dark Harvest 2 is the perfect choice. (One goof and two shrieky girls running around a cornfield maze for 90 minutes = win!) If you want the offensive kind of bad, Zombiez brought blaxsploitation back from the dead (literally). If you want a comedy so unfunny it will kill your own sense of humor for the rest of the day, think Napoleon Dynamite. A really bad action movie? Laser Mission. Big-budget awfulness? Battlefield Earth and Batman & Robin. And so on. So it's hard to pick just one.

@ Barbossa, @ Harvan: I'm an MST3K freak and have seen some extremely bad movies they did-Hobgoblins, Manos, Future War. But ask them about the movies they didn't do, and they'll tell you things got so much worse than that. tongue.png

Really? Napoleon Dynamite had awful humor? I don't know man, I thought it was pretty funny. The way Napoleon and his brother acts and how his Uncle Rico lives in the past always cracks me up...

• Brohoof 1

Really? Napoleon Dynamite had awful humor? I don't know man, I thought it was pretty funny. The way Napoleon and his brother acts and how his Uncle Rico lives in the past always cracks me up...

Not me. I hated that movie. I sat next to my dad and brother for 90 minutes, bored and dumbfounded, wondering what the hell they were laughing at. I remember thinking, "if this is what comedy is going to be in the 21st century, screw that shit. I'm out."

Besides MLP I rely on older shows like MST3K, Animaniacs, pre-'99 Simpsons, Daria and Red Green for my laughs. The new generation of comedy is just messed up. Old bathroom/sex jokes we've heard a thousand times or "ironic humor" that is not ironic or funny.

For me, almost any horror movie just isn't good. I'm not going to throw God into the mix here and say they're unholy because that's not why I don't like them.

They're all the same to me. Guts. Blood. Mutilation. It just doesn't scare me.

There are a couple of the gory movies I liked. I actually enjoyed what I saw of the Saw series. But for the most part, scary movies don't scare me. I think I was just exposed to them way too much as a child and it desensitized me.

• Brohoof 1

Cat in the Hat with Mike Myers.

Seriously, I used to think it was Pluto Nash, but after seeing Cat in the Hat, I was absolutely furious. So many childhood memories.....obliterated..

I would say Birdemic, but that at least has the benefit of being an independant film, so I'm inclined to believe finding good writers or actors is more difficult than in Hollywood.

Edited by Twinhead B

I think I need to amend my previous post earlier in the thread. The Core is no longer the worst movie I ever saw, as I just watched a little gem on Sci-Fi, (I refuse to call that channel by it's new name) called Savage Planet. Just googling "made for sci-fi bad bear movie" will even bring it up. It's THAT bad.

The main "threat" in the movie is a 30 second clip of an angry bear being angry, used 500 times. Oh, and some of the worst CGI to ever grace television, including all the times it was used in the early days of CGI (I'm looking at you, Max Headroom!). So, if you want a really bad movie, watch Savage Planet. It is my new standard for judging bad movies by.

Edited by Flying Space Badger

Off the top of my head:

-Spiderman 3

-Tansformers 2 and 3

-The Green Lantern

-The Twilight Saga 

-All Chick Flicks (Unless you're a chick of course.)

That's my list. For now.

Edited by rcollinz13

• 1 month later...

Just an innocent thread.
I would really like to see what some of everypony's least favorite movies are.
Worst movie in my book: My Soul To Take

Yours?

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Garbage Pail Kids, Secret of Nimh 2, My Little Pony: The Movie, and Rainbow friggin' bright.

That is all.

Edited by Windwaker and Babs

Sorry to those fans of the Amazing Spider-Man movie but, I didn't really like the movie at all. I liked the plot & story (if it had one), but other then that the movie didn't really appeal to me at all. Maybe the sequel will be better.

• Brohoof 2

Grave encounters 2, it made me laugh more then it made me jump honestly, such a terrible terrible movie, not scary at all. in a grand total i gave it 2/10

I thought both movies were terrible...

For starters, it wasn't well written...I mean, the movie gives ghost hunters a bad name, secondly, the plot sucks, and the ending is misleading and suspense killing. I agree.

I thought both movies were terrible...

For starters, it wasn't well written...I mean, the movie gives ghost hunters a bad name, secondly, the plot sucks, and the ending is misleading and suspense killing. I agree.

Exactly! the second ones ending honestly gave me a headache it was so terrible and badly written, and the first one was the worst of the two, some of the acting was not convincing at all.

• Brohoof 1

I can not come up with my least favorite movie ever, but I can come up with my least favorite recently. Oz The Great And Powerful. Don't get me wrong, this movie isn't terrible, but I expected to be at least a little better than it was.

I think the movie was absolutely amazing...it explains the first movie from start to finish, it about wraps up why the Wiked Witch has so much hatred and bitterness...and her feud with the wizard. I feel the movie was absolutely awesome, and is my new favorite. xD

Sorry, I just had to express my love for the movie! :3

Hard to say.

The Room and Plan 9 From Outer Space are pretty awful, but they're hilarious, so I'm glad they exist.

Baby Geniuses is probably the worst movie I've ever seen, but It's harmless bad, you know. Like its existence isn't ruining anything.

For me to call something the worst ever, it has to actively piss me off. So while there are a lot of movies like that, I'm going with Transformers 2. It represents everything I hate about life itself, and because this bucking piece of shit was successful, other studios can get away with making more shit.

And I'm not even that much of a Transformers fan, so I can only imagine how they feel about this!

I'll probably fully understand when these asshats make the TMNT movie.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

Worst movie I've ever seen? I have some actually. They are all American martial art movies. I forget their titles, but I remember one titled "The Quest". The fighting scenes are ridiculous, so fake, and full of scenario and drama. It's all about revenge, hatred, etc. It's really hard to call them martial art movies. Oh, there's also one titled "Bloodsport" there. The tittle really pissed me off. They think martial art is just about killing and revenge. Bah! What a shame.

Edited by Sky Warden

I really  dislike the move Shorts.  If anyone remembers this movie, the story was told in little short stories spliced together the wrong way.  No, seriously it was meant to be out of order.

One of them was Domino.

Tremendous potential (good story), totally destroyed by bad casting and terrible directing. Tony Scott thought he was making the next Trainspotting, apparently. Instead, it bombed, and he eventually jumped off a bridge.

• Brohoof 1

Worst movie I've ever seen? I have some actually. They are all American martial art movies. I forget their titles, but I remember one titled "The Quest". The fighting scenes are ridiculous, so fake, and full of scenario and drama. It's all about revenge, hatred, etc. It's really hard to call them martial art movies.

Ah..so I am not the only pony who gets pissed off everytime I see a cliche here and there?  Coolio. :3

I hate movies like that as well, especailly martial arts movies...I think they will one day influence somebody to jump off a roof and break their neck. >_<

• Brohoof 1