Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite Nintendo Franchise?

Mirad

What Is Your Favorite Nintendo Franchise?  

42 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Nintendo Franchise?

• Mario Brothers
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Kirby
    • Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong
    • Star Fox
    • Kid Icarus
    • Pokemon
    • Pikmin
    • Metroid
    • F-Zero
    • Super Smash Brothers
    • Other (List in your post)
  2. 2. Which Game In This Franchise?

• First
    • Most Recent
    • Other (List this as well)
    • All of Them!

Ok, Quick Question here:

If you like Nintendo, what is your favorite Title/series from Nintendo? Remember, you can list ANY title or series below, as long as it was an ACTUAL Nintendo game, not a Capcom, Sega, or any other brand name's game that was licensed for one of Nintendo's console, e.g. Street Fighter IV and Sonic Heroes.

Especially not Sega, since they were Rivals in the 90's :ph34r:

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 1

I probably would go with Donkey Kong on there because I absolutely loved the first 2 DKC's, Donkey Kong 64, and the new DKCR installment.

I think all the other ones are just kind of weak (Mario has too many generic installments nowadays, Metroid got screwed over by Other M, Kirby had only one game I really enjoyed (Crystal Shards), etc.) as of late for me to establish as my true favorites. I used to be a major Nintendo fanboy but that phase definitely passed.

Donkey Kong, mostly because I really enjoyed Donkey Kong Country for SNES and then Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. Thought they were all great Side-scrollers, and very fun playing on large widescreens, with a friend.

I'm definitely going with the Mario franchise, played it for as long as I can remember, and I continue loving it, replaying the classics, and looking forward to new ones to come!

A tie between Metroid Zelda and Pokemon. I can't choose a favorite. Samus is one of my favorite characters of all time (yes I love Other M too), Zelda is always a fun challenge and has awesome design and story and everything, and Pokemon is just like... epic companions on a quest to be the very best!

Es all awesome!@!

I'mma be that person who picks Pikmin.

It's on the list. And I remember being in a platonic relationship with that game when I was a kid because it was so good. So boom. Pikmin it is.

I love the way it mixed skill with smarts. Multi-Tasking/planning + awesome sauce aim with those Pikmin throws... I don't know. It was just great.

All these titles are amazing, but Pikmin just really stands out to me, for some unknown reason.

Edited by Kawaii

Pokemon, Pikmin, and Paper Mario are my favorite Nintendo franchises. Pokemon is one of my favorite games bar none, though I do prefer gens 3 and below. The newer ones have lost some creativity in my opinion. Pikmin is fucking awesome and always has been. If I get a WiiU, Pikmin 3 is a definite on my checklist. Paper Mario: so many things I could rant about. I love the first two, Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door. Both are insanely comical, witty, and creative and TTYD is AT LEAST in my top 10 games list.

Also, I like Zelda as much as the next guy but i always thought it was a little overrated.

I'mma be that person who picks Pikmin.

It's on the list. And I remember being in a platonic relationship with that game when I was a kid because it was so good. So boom. Pikmin it is.

I love the way it mixed skill with smarts. Multi-Tasking/planning + awesome sauce aim with those Pikmin throws... I don't know. It was just great.

All these titles are amazing, but Pikmin just really stands out to me, for some unknown reason.

I've always been on the edge with Pikmin. I definitely enjoyed the first one but the second one I thought was a basic carbon copy and didn't really add anything other than more co-op skills and what not. Hopefully Pikmin 3 can peak my interests again. Can't wait for it! :)

Gotta be Pokemon, I love all the main series game(not so much the spin-offs except Mystery Dungeon and the console battling games), and can't wait for Black/White 2 to come out in a few weeks(getting White 2). :D

I really like Smash Bros., Metroid, and Zelda too.

I'm a sega guy... I did grow up with Nintendo... But nothing beats the speed of sonic the hedgehog...

Anyways... My favorit it starfox... Growing up with it was awesome... Now when I'm in the Air Force... I "do a barrel role" when I'm being chased... Lol

I’m kind of shocked, I thought The Legend of Zelda would have at least one vote. For me though it is Pokemon and it’s not even close. I’ve been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue versions have continued playing all the way up to Black/White and I’ll probably end up getting Black/White 2.

So i'll be the first one to say LoZ and which game do i prefer most? None, all of them are very unlike each other and unique in their own way, i've to say that all of them are on my favorite list.

Even though i grew up with Mario and Pokemon and spent countless of hours in both franchises, LoZ has always been magically impressive and outstanding to me, i've never been so excited over a new game as in a new LoZ game. I guess we can conclude that i'm a LoZ fanboy... :3

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I'll put one in for myself (OP's Post!)

Legend of Zelda. Yes, overrated indeed, but it gives the good feel of puzzles. And I love Puzzle/Adventure games, so I would pick Zelda.

I'm done here.

The Legend of Zelda; it's really rad, those creatures from Ganon are pretty bad. Octoroks, Tektites, Leevers too! But with your help our hero pulls through. (Yeah, yeah Link, get Zelda!).

Really though. It's fuckin' rad.

• Brohoof 2

For me it's a very close tie between Zelda and Metroid but I went ahead and voted Metroid just to get that series some votes and because of my current avatar. I can't accurately describe the great experiences I've had with that series, my first game was Prime 1 and someone had told me that it was nothing but a Halo ripoff... aside from being in first person and on an alien world it's nothing like Halo, at all, and personally it's infinitely better than Halo. My favorite games in the series are Super Metroid or Metroid Prime 3, they both radiate awesomeness in their own way. I also think that Other M's effect on the series is way overexaggerated by some fans, like if anything the game was a little fender bender at worst but some treat it like a fiery explosion that killed all the passengers and left the driver severely burned... one subpar game by Metroid standards, as bad as the story may have been is not going to kill off a well received franchise like Metroid. I figure if Sonic the Hedgehog can recover after several bad games, some of which were objectively shit in almost every department, then Metroid can survive this little setback too. There's a rumor that Retro Studios is working on yet another title, Prime 4? Who knows, but they haven't disappointed yet, I personally want another 2D game.

As far as these franchises go, I see them as Metroid = Zelda > Mario > DK > Smash Bros > Kirby = Pokemon >Starfox > Pikmin = F-Zero

• 5 years later...

Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Legend of Zelda are my favorite Nintendo franchises. However, right now I'd probably say Zelda is my favorite. Pokemon is going to a horribly weak spell with the really cheap cash-ins that are LGP/E. Right now I'd rather just Pokemon go away for a while until GF can get its act together. Generation VII was also weak, so...

Back when this topic was made, I'm certain I would have said Pokemon. Pokemon was really riding high then with Generation V.

Edited by Envy

The lack of Animal Crossing in the poll emotionally disturbs me. I think. That's my pick, I absolutely LOVE Animal Crossing. The peaceful and positive atmosphere, the wonderful music, the many charming characters to come aCROSS, and in my favorite of the series, New Leaf, shaping your town mostly how you want. I am at this point begging for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing for the Switch. Imagine what they could do in HD and with far more memory to work with, not to mention continuous updates like how they supported New Leaf further. I have been rather harsh on Nintendo over the past several years and I still am, but I will pre-order a new Animal Crossing the moment it is announcement. Unless it is a sequel to Amiibo festival. *shivers*

Second favorite series is Pokemon, with the overall Mario franchise in third place.

Hard to say really, but I think the number 1 franchise is probably... Pokémon. The series has been around for as long as I can remember. Pokémon feels like one of those franchises I keep coming back to over and over again, and it's one of the main reasons I want a 3DS. While they are normally being easy enough to keep me playing for hours straight, they're also hard enough to pose a challenge. It's one of the things I feel that the Pokémon games in general (there's one exception) have done that fantastically. The games have pretty solid mechanical design for an RPG targeted at 10 year olds also. This isn't to mention the fantastic spinoffs the series produced. Mystery Dungeon (particularly 2), Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon XD... Out of the main games my opinion (out of the ones I've really played)- Gen 4>Gen 3>Gen 1>Gen 6>Gen 2. 

The rest of the list would be as follows: Smash>Mario>Kirby>Animal Crossing>Metroid>Donkey Kong>Star Fox>Pikmin>Kid Icarus>F-Zero. I played a little Pikmin and never really played any Kid Icarus or F-Zero. From what I hear I'd likely not get much into either of them, particularly F-Zero.

• 1 year later...

That’s difficult. I LOVE Nintendo since I was a kid. Didn’t love them as much during the WII era, but it came back since they went legit again with Switch :yay:. I don’t know which franchise is my favorite. It may depend how healthy it is during the moment. I could say the always classic Mario, but I love Metroid. But that franchise is always slow on launching a new game tho :sunny: