Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How disappointing is this?

Princes  Cadance

http://i.imgur.com/DDiGi.png

When you find out brony isn't a word.

Anything else disappointing about this world?

How about people who not only dislike bronies but have to target them?

http://i.imgur.com/CcFxZ.png

Ok that's it ;)

Edit: Alright, maybe I was half joking, but I just wanted to share, and I was wondering what you guys thought

Edited by Princess Cadance

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 3

It isn't a word "yet." It takes time for a word to enter the dictionaries. I wouldnt be all that surprised for the OPSD and a few other dictionaries to pick it up within a few years if the fandom doesnt die.

If the term has been used, it is a word. The dictionaries just haven't caught up yet. :P

It isn't a word "yet." It takes time for a word to enter the dictionaries. I wouldnt be all that surprised for the OPSD and a few other dictionaries to pick it up within a few years if the fandom doesnt die.

Also, this ^^. Language is fluid and continuously changing. Assuming that the MLP franchise and its fandom stays around for a while, we may find "brony" in Webster's in a few years :)

Of course it isn't a real word, bronies have only been around for like 2 years.

Also I lol'ed at that Urban Dictionary entry because he's stereotyping.

Also rabid hater's make me laugh.

• Brohoof 2

Brony isn't a real word, because it is a deviant community that was founded on the internet, and while it has grown in popularity, I don't think it will be a word for a really long time.

Is "Trekkie" even in the dictionary yet? Last time I checked (it was around a couple of months ago), it wasn't. Things that are in popular culture tend to have a hard time to be worthy of having "official" regination lol. It's no surprise that "Brony" isn't in the dictionary lol.

• Brohoof 1

I thought everyone knew that brony wasn't a word. o_o

The second picture is fucking hilarious. XD

I don't think brony should be a word anyways. I still don't know how "D'oh!" got into the dictionary lol...

And this is why, you never ever ever go to Urban Dictionary. Ever. You will slowly suffer from brain damage and want to kill yourself due to the sheer stupidity of all the simpletons who post there.

NEVER

• Brohoof 1

To be honest boths pics mad me laugh heheh. I like how u tried to look up Brony. And then boths those definitions about bronys in urban diccionary. That made me lol. I don't care for urban diccionary and rony aint gonna be a word yet. If the fandom is alive in a few years and we make it to actually big time american or english news then it will probably be put in the diccionary.

Edited by AnonBrony

If we had to include 'brony' in the dictionary, then every single fandom out there should be included too, and don't forget every single fanon term (headcanon, shipping, raripie, twijack, dashy, dashi, kataang, zutara)

I won't be surprised if some scholars will have their head implodes due to sheer rage

Wait, hold up a second. You're spreading false info, people. Brony is in fact a word. It is Polish for "Harrow".

You are welcome, for I have saved you.

Very good. It's also a town near the center of Poland with a population of 80 people. I learned of it when some of "our kind" vandalized its Wikipedia article.

Very good. It's also a town near the center of Poland with a population of 80 people. I learned of it when some of "our kind" vandalized its Wikipedia article.

Yes, that town's name is a reference to the meaning of the word Harrow. Assuming an agrarian populace, it would refer to a plowed agricultural state.

So, everyone who is saying brony is not a word, shut your yap. YOU SPREAD LIES!

That dude is an obviously a troll. Haters gonna hate.

Brony is a real word in my book. Man people are just trying to press peoples buttons.

Let's hope the rapid bronies don't make us look worse. ;)

Disappointing? Don't you mean funny as hell?

And brony is slang, and slang inst a 'real' word, but it is a word.

And urban dictionary, well don't listen to that site.

Not at all?

I dislike the word "brony" to begin with, and there will always be people like that on the internet. Letting them bother me only means that they win in the end.

Screw Urban dictionary, full of a bunch of trolls who think this is funny and have no respect.

It is still long down the road before Brony will be a word.

I've seen that Urban Dictionary entry, it made me sad. :( They do have more proper definitions here though, so it's not all bad there.

Also, who cares if brony's not an 'official' word? People make up new words and terms for all kinds of stuff all the time, I assure you it's not all going to be compiled by Webster and the like. :huh: