Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

End of the World

Broccoli

Please read, as the title has nothing to do with 12/21/2012.

Right now, MLP is getting more and more popular, and people are constantly being converted into bronies. What if MLP won't last, as in loose its popularity or fun. For instance sometime in the future (lets say like 20 years) two people sees MLP, and one of the persons say: "*sigh* Do you remember back in 2012, where MLP was still so new and exciting?"

What I mean is that it is possible that in the future the quality of the MLP show begins to drop, or maybe some kind of mishap on one of the character voice actors. Think about it, imagine Fluttershy/Pinkie's voices were replaced by another persons voice? To some it may not matter much, but to others this could drastically change their opinion of the show. There are many factors which could easily make a show loose fans.

What if one day, the world of bronies came to a halt? And what shall we do? Because this would be THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!!! :D

Lets hope that MLP last as long as the Simpsons ;)

I think eventually the show will start sucking, but just like religion, bronies will continue to flourish and prosper. Just because the show ends doesn't mean you need to stop being a brony, keep the spirit of thw show and characters alive, and all will be well!

• Brohoof 5

Personally, I think it'll end before it starts sucking. I don't think the show will run that long. It isn't exactly as popular in mainstream as things like Spongebob or The Simpsons. (On the internet, yes, very popular. But I'm talking about in real life. It's kind of hard to find real life bronies. That's just my experience though.) I give it three or four seasons. I think that is enough, to be honest.

There are two ways I see this going.

1. It ends up like invader zim; ending after a few high quality seasons. People complain a bit about how they should bring it back, but eventually, most agree that if it ever was brought back, it just wouldn't be the same. Eventually, many people will stop discussing it exclusively, but if you ever say anything like "hey, I got bored and watched some invader zim (MLP in this case) last night" then half the room will be like "fuck yeah! I love that show!" and you'll have a huge conversation about how awesome it was.

Or

2. Hasbro realizes how much money they can make off us. They start by making series accurate toys, which we all buy. Not wanting to lose this source of profit, they keep renewing FiM, until eventually Studio B either loses interest in making the series and quits, or loses interest but keeps doing it for the money (IMO the former is more likely. Studio B doesn't seem like the kind of people who'd work on stuff they don't like). Either way, the show takes a huge quality dive, either because it isn't Studio B, or because Studio B's heart isn't in it.

Of course, there are other possibilities, but I think one of these is the most likely.

I don't know why, I can't see MLP:FiM lasting very long for some reason, like not longer than 3 seasons, I don't know why, maybe I am incorrect seeing as I have little reasoning as to why I think that.

however it would be good if it lasted longer than 3 seasons.

Even if MLP becomes long forgotten at some point, the show has been a positive force in the emotions of many who have watched it, and that is something that cannot change. MLP will end at some point, that is inevitable. How long will it last? I do not know, but the show will probably last longer than was originally expected, due to the large community of fans supporting it. And when the show does end, I do not believe it will be the end of MLP at all. Fans will still create art, fan fictions and likely many independent series created by fans. As long as people remember and enjoy the show as it is now, then there will always be a community behind it. And as long as our community stays, our ponies will never die!

I believe that MLP fanbase will not die out after the show ends. Like Star Wars, after they directed revenge of the sith, fans are still making toys and arts. Countless fanfics have been written, and many of them are worth reading. And this was before the CloneWars came out. Also, like Star Wars, people tend to rewatch, and never get sick of the storyline. People have watched the original version, digital remastered versions, and the recent bluray disks and can still watch some more. Fanfics for MLP and many fan arts have been made already in this short time. When MLP ends one day, the community will already be too big to die out.

I don't know why, I can't see MLP:FiM lasting very long for some reason, like not longer than 3 seasons, I don't know why, maybe I am incorrect seeing as I have little reasoning as to why I think that.

however it would be good if it lasted longer than 3 seasons.

Yeah I believe so too :(

Well you see the thing is, I don't want it to be like Spongebob in a sense that all the annoying teenyboppers watch it just because they think "I'm so cool because I watch a show for little kids" but I do want MLP to be loved for the true richness of the show (I know that sounds INCREDIBLY cheesy but that's what I think XD)

I don't want to think about the show ending, that would be horrible. But, like many of you have said, I'm sure it would still remain popular if there were no new episodes. I know I myself could watch season 1 over and over and over again (well, I do that already :) )

I would have to agree to it ending after around 3 seasons, maximum of 5 me thinks.

But everypony is right that it won't truly end there, the community will still continue doing all the things that it does.

Though the community will strive on, the show could and should conclude with Season 3. It probably would of been a preferred case without the third season, but that's already in production. The quality of the show has already been waning and notable flaws are proliferating even more. Though, all of this is merely my opinion, something not to be held in any conceivable regard.

Well, it's gotta end some time, sadly.

And i don't think it's gonna last for as long as the Simpsons, since that's a show meant for more ages, it has a lot wider selection of ideas, since it can contain violence, suggestive stuff, etc. Since MLP is primarily meant as a kids show, it can't contain that. That's what i think will be the biggest part of the series cancelling.

I think it is unavoidable that the show will eventually start to go downhill and eventually come to an end. It happens to every single tv show. Some just last longer than others. All good things must come to an end one day.

But let us just enjoy the show while it's good without worrying too much about its future! ^^

• Brohoof 1

It's inevitable the show will eventually lose quality and popularity. Once that happens the fandom can continue on for longer but eventually it will begin to deminish. I plan to be a brony forever and plan to keep the friendships I've made even after the show is gone.

Let's just enjoy MLP as it is now and try not to predict its end. There is no hint that the show will be ending anytime soon so I'd hold off on speculation until the end seems nearer.

As to what I think... I think 3 seasons is way too short. There could be other ideas in the writers' sleeves that we have no idea about. I mean think about it - did any of you predict Discord's existence? My guess is no, of course not. Just because you have speculation about what future seasons would look like it doesn't mean that those speculations are going to become true.

But I'd say for any show... 7 seasons max would do. But 7 does seem like a lot for MLP, but that's because most cartoons that I know have only lasted 5 seasons max. If the series is still going strong by season 5, I would like to see more. But like others have said, I would also rather see it end well then end because the quality started dwindling. So, again, we'll just have to see what happens.

The show will end once it gets old with some people, this is probably just a phase most people will witness within their life span. Then during a midlife crisis, your a brony again.

I don't remember the name of the actual show, but there was this one show 10 or 20 years ago that ended, but it still keeps a noticable sized fandom today. It was Japanese with no newer remakes. I don't remember completely.

Maybe that will happen to this fandom, the show will be great until the series finaly (I estimate 4-6 seasons). The show will end, but the fandom will go on and keep a noticeable following for quite some time.

Besides, with how much fanfic and other works being produced by the community, I wouldn't be suprized if there was more than enough new pony stuff to preocupy time with, just so that the existing population will be sustained (AKA, when the show itself dies out, I might become a more serious fanfic reader).

But for now, I don't really think about it, and I just enjoy the series and fandom as it's happening, instead of worrying about the "end".

Although, I did just realize the possibility of generation 5. Maybe that will be as good, or somehwere around it, possibly enough to get the fandom-horse started up again. I mean, this is the fourth generation, so there is possibiliy of another set of good ponies coming along.

Edited by Wonka