Things You Dislike About the MLP Fandom

Xievie

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I come across some bronies who think themselves some kind of "keeper of the code." These purists put down cloppers mostly, but other kinds of fans are not exempt. Derpy Defenders: that is, those who let their passion run away during the Derpy controversy, are also common targets. I understand some of the intent, we don't want to give the haters or media any more ammo. But by that same token, don't we get enough from them already? We are a counter-culture, at least in subject material. Where do they get their guide? Is there some code of how to be a Brony that I (and a majority of us) aren't aware of?

• Brohoof 2

I've seen a couple people in this thread complain about clop materials "everywhere".  I'm a bit confused by this.  I almost never see clop stuff.  The MLP R34 community is actually quite considerate;  they realize that the majority of the fandom hates their stuff, so they isolate it.  Has anyone actually encountered a lot of truly explicit images during innocent pony-website browsing (I mean not googling "Rainbow Dash R34" or looking at pictures labelled "explicit" on derpiboo.ru).

Chances are, no.  I believe that some people, for whatever reason, label everything with sexual connotations as "clop".  Which leads me to another pet peeve I have: Those who hate shippers.  There's a lot of hatred towards cloppers, hatred which I feel should be stopped, but a bit more bothersome to me is the sizable number of Bronies who view those who like non-R34 shipping as a menace.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen people cursing at the "cloppers and shippers".

I'm not entirely sure why that exists.  I can understand it if people just don't like shipart and shipfics; tastes are different.  But I fail to understand the hatred I sometimes see towards people who do like shipping.  The hatred of clopping, while regrettable, can at least be based in the incorrect view that clopping is bestiality.  But shipping?  I don't understand.  Oh well.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

wwtd.png

#SOCKS

Chances are, no.  I believe that some people, for whatever reason, label everything with sexual connotations as "clop".  Which leads me to another pet peeve I have: Those who hate shippers.  There's a lot of hatred towards cloppers, hatred which I feel should be stopped, but a bit more bothersome to me is the sizable number of Bronies who view those who like non-R34 shipping as a menace.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen people cursing at the "cloppers and shippers".

Posted Image

This. I was in the MLP section of the Creepypasta wiki the other day and someone called a story that was essentially the two ponies sharing a kiss goodbye as they faced the monster clopfic.

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

I don't like the fact that bronies ( I have already seen many) feel the need to hide in the closet about being one. there should be no need for you to hide it in real life!

I dont hide the fact im a brony IRL, but Iv got a you tube account with quite a few videos on it, I dont feel the need to admit to being a brony on their.  More then anything If I remain anonymous on here I can say anything I like and admit to things like the fact Im head over heals in love with a cartoon pony to the point I actually get anxiety attacks because of it and nobody hates me for it or questions me its nice being anonymous because I feel free. 

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like the fact that bronies ( I have already seen many) feel the need to hide in the closet about being one. there should be no need for you to hide it in real life!

I'm not afraid to display my bronyism, but after seeing various threads and stories about some bronies being demeaned as "gay" for liking a so-called "girls' product," I don't blame them if some want to hide their affiliation for the show. There are specific places in society where gender norms and conservative culture bind the region and person. My Little Pony, for over a decade, was targeted to girls only and was viewed as a laughingstock. In those sectors, if they see someone enjoy a so-called "overly saccharine girls' show" like My Little Pony, then that means the brony is "gay," a disgusting stereotype in itself when heterosexual bronies outnumber bronies of other orientations by an extremely wide margin (about a 46-1 margin at least). Some of these bronies hide their love for the show because close family or friends have these prejudiced gender roles wired in them, and the closet bronies don't want to be outcast by those they're very close with.

bronies/pegasisters making a ridiculously big deal over the fact that they like ponies. i mean, in my opinion, it's nothing really that special, other than that you're outside the target demographic.

They make a really big deal out of it because it's by far one of the best (animated) shows still in production. Despite its saturated and colorful atmosphere, it doesn't disrespect its audience. There's a bunch of crap out there that sours the heart; this one has genuine heart, youth, soul, respect, and happiness. Furthermore, this once dying franchise returned to its roots, broke the socio-cultural boundary that's plagued Western society, and treats its audience as equal. I made a detailed post why people make such a big deal here several months ago. (Gingerpotato and Scootacool posted similar defenses in the opening page.)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4

I suppose out of the mentioned flaws, the one that annoys me most is the hypocrisy alongside those everypony who over-zealously defends opinions about "best pony/worst pony". Aquila, you did a nice job hitting the big ones out there. You're right, these issues among the fandom definitely bother me quite so.

Also, I have noticed that there are individuals out there, while they claim to be MLP fans, are immensely critical about everything. They complain about how ideas and jokes in newer episodes are becoming stale and lame, or the quality of the content or music not being up to par, when this clearly is not the case. It seems like they are more focused about looking like a scholar of MLP than simply appreciating MLP for what it is. The effort put forth into the MLP show is evident and they certainly do a great job with presenting us a beautifully-animated cartoon with well-defined and characterized ponies, delightful, upbeat songs that are stuck in our head for weeks, and voice actresses that do a wonderful job behind the scenes. All of this wrapped in a plethora of cuteness, wit, and friendship? Awesome! Why rant and grumble about it, when you can just enjoy the show you claim to be a big fan of? I'll say it's certainly one of the better cartoons I've stumbled across.

I feel like there's three categories. There's bronies who like the show, non-bronies who don't like the show, and just plain silly ponies who are the extremes of either case and do nothing but bicker and mock at the other party. Posted Image

-Cheers

COOOMIC

SAAAAANSSS!

Really though, no offense, but you goobers are some of the most easily enraged people ever.

img-2093486-2-2vuaes0.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OCs: Standoff and Red Alert, the luckless mercs

I don't blame people either for wanting to hide.  

I dont hide the fact im a brony IRL,

I was more talking about people who hide IRL.  but i don't blame them for wanting to hide especially if they are getting verbally abused because of it.  forgive my silly little post!

sig_zpsd942b77c.jpg

Pixel Art made by the talented Bruno! 

I've seen a couple people in this thread complain about clop materials "everywhere".  I'm a bit confused by this.  I almost never see clop stuff.  The MLP R34 community is actually quite considerate;  they realize that the majority of the fandom hates their stuff, so they isolate it.  Has anyone actually encountered a lot of truly explicit images during innocent pony-website browsing (I mean not googling "Rainbow Dash R34" or looking at pictures labelled "explicit" on derpiboo.ru).

For some reason, searching for Berry Punch Pony or MLP always ends up with a lot of mature content, even with safe searches on. I'm by no means complaining, but geez, that pony specifically attracts a lot of attention. Other than that, someone would have to be actively searching for it to run across any of it.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought about this topic, when i saw that many, many people don't really like alicorn OC's or ponysonas ( :( ). This fact really saddened me, because i had created my ponysona before joining the forums. I didn't really know much of the fandom, and ofcourse, i created my ponysona as an alicorn... After hearing a few complaints, i thought about changing my ponysona, but i just couldn't dare, because i felt that the way it looks and feels to me. I tried to wonder, how to protect this imagine of mine withouth being critisized to much. In the end i just decided to flow and see what happens, because i knew there was not much i could do. i couldn't have thought of anything else that would fit me more, so i kept it. (Don't hate me for this :P)

So this little story of mine urged me to start this topic and ask you. What do you hate most in the fandom? :huh: 

Personaly, i don't like the gore fics, clopfics, and most of the times, i'll hate shipping. <_<

So please, express your opinions, because i love to hear them out :)

This is an opinion thread, so please, no hating others for expressing theirs on this thread.

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 2

post-3479-0-21158300-1361549423.png

Thank you MatrixChicken for the Signature!

Clopfics, if done well, are fine with me. I just hate the poorly designed ones (LOL hey Rainbow Dash! Wanna sex?). I'm definitely not a fan of gore fics (Cupcakes scarred me for life) but most everything else is just fine and dandy with me!

mooninsky03bywingsofahe_zps9d07baf1.jpg

“I never found beauty in longing for the impossible and never found the possible to be beyond my reach.” 
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I can poem well: Rhymey Time with CamRad18

Poet's Club: share, critique, and chat

I'd have to say the people that can't take a joke, I watch alot of internet reviewers and I don't know how many times I've seen people over-reacting to a jab at bronies that was obviously light-hearted, or even affectionate. 

• Brohoof 4

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Bad-looking OCs (I'm sorry, but there are horrible ones!), and how everyone goes "love and tolerance bro", them start bashing each other for liking different things, like gore, clop fics, etc. This doesn't apply if you simply don't like it, only if you say you hate it and it shouldn't exist. Everyone has their own interests, and every one of those should be respected!

• Brohoof 4

{ art thread }   2df573525aa068aa2d338213470a63e9-d5nhq21   { deviantArt }

people who complain about parts of the Fandom( but it's not a hate more of an acknowledge) , its there its apart of us its not something you can cut out and say "they have nothing to do with us" people write Grimdarks not because there sick in the head, but because there clear in the head, same deal with Cloppers to.

• Brohoof 3

my DA http://heavyecho.deviantart.com/ check my stuff out

the Anime Club http://mlpforums.com/topic/48196-the-anime-club/ plz join us

the yiff art work. The really Disturbing stuff on R34, I em R34 has some really kool furry related are that has to do with MLP. but they also have some really disturbing Yiff work as well

in the furry culture its called yiff, im under the impression Clop is the same thing. though I thought clopping was getting off to ponies. lol

Photo Finish,that's her name.

Makin' every-pony pretty is her number one game.

She do what she do, to make you more than you.

No-pony gonna care if what we share is true.

Cause lies are beautiful, the truth is not.

Come on little mare, you better shake that plot.

You know that's what they really all came to see.

Clopfics, if done well, are fine with me. I just hate the poorly designed ones (LOL hey Rainbow Dash! Wanna sex?). I'm definitely not a fan of gore fics (Cupcakes scarred me for life) but most everything else is just fine and dandy with me!

HAHAHA. Scarred you for life? I want to scar you since it sounds pretty easy.

Want to see a mouse filled with radioactive Radon then have a high-voltage passed through it?

Note: Radon is a noble gas so it'll make a nice light bulb until it sets alight...

Cloppers. No.

Gore. Yes as long as it's not this:

"Twilight was in a million pieces on the floor."

That was a fucking waste of time reading...

R96N2.png
Did you know: 20Kv's of electricity can kill you from up to 5ft away?

I thought about this topic, when i saw that many, many people don't really like alicorn OC's or ponysonas ( :( ). This fact really saddened me, because i had created my ponysona before joining the forums. I didn't really know much of the fandom, and ofcourse, i created my ponysona as an alicorn... After hearing a few complaints, i thought about changing my ponysona, but i just couldn't dare, because i felt that the way it looks and feels to me. I tried to wonder, how to protect this imagine of mine withouth being critisized to much. In the end i just decided to flow and see what happens, because i knew there was not much i could do. i couldn't have thought of anything else that would fit me more, so i kept it. (Don't hate me for this :P)

So this little story of mine urged me to start this topic and ask you. What do you hate most in the fandom? :huh: 

Personaly, i don't like the gore fics, clopfics, and most of the times, i'll hate shipping. <_<

So please, express your opinions, because i love to hear them out :)

This is an opinion thread, so please, no hating others for expressing theirs on this thread.

What do you have against clopping or clopefics,most of them are actually pretty good and romantic. And also gore, i mean cupcakes is the best fanfic ever

pewdiepiebrofistbysnowf.jpg

People who actually dislike things about the fandom.  We should embrace all of the fandom.  Even though you may not agree with how someone enjoys the show, you have to tolerate the persons opinions.  Thats like rule number one.\.

• Brohoof 5

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

What do you have against clopping or clopefics,most of them are actually pretty good and romantic. And also gore, i mean cupcakes is the best fanfic ever

Just the fact that when you relate to someone, and see them, well, "Stuff done to them", trust me, it's not a good feeling.

This is a personal opinion, i don't have anything against the people.

The low standards regarding music, the popularity of mediocrity, and the ability for those mediocre-yet-popular musicians to direct which music gets exposure.

• Brohoof 1

People who actually dislike things about the fandom.  We should embrace all of the fandom.  Even though you may not agree with how someone enjoys the show, you have to tolerate the persons opinions.  Thats like rule number one.\.

Tolerating everything can be a little hard, i agree about embracing the fandom, but everything has its own limits. Probably the fact why i don't really tolerate the things i said was maybe because i was bombed with images of those a little before joining here.

Don't get the wrong opinion about me, i love the fandom, and i'll agree that the word "Hate" could be a little to much.

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

People.

Seriously, a lot of the fans are irritating.

Maybe it's just cuz I hate...people. XD

But I've met way too many people who are intolerant pricks. Yes, there are loads of other people like that not involved in the fandom, but I find that members of it are the worst because if you disagree (even politely) it's "OMFG LUV N TELERATE" while they're the ones freaking out. :/

• Brohoof 1

mephalasig.jpg

I don't really "hate" anything in the fandom, some things just can get a bit annoying. The amount of shipping out there, for example. I know shipping is common in fandoms, but it seems doubly common in this fandom. Most ship-fics I tend to avoid, just because it gets really repetitive after a while.

Plus sometimes it gets a bit frustrating to try to keep up with as many fan works as possible, when they're being produced faster than you can get through them.

Clopfics don't bug me. I've read a few out of curiosity, or I'll read stories involving sex if it's just a plot device for a larger, overall plot. The only clopfics I actively avoid are ones that involve Rainbow Dash, because she's the character I hold the most dear, and I don't want to see stuff like that happening to her.

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

31ziw.gif

Follow me on Tumblr! http://stratosthestallion.tumblr.com

I hate people who still complain about bronies not being accepted by the general media and/or culture. My problem with this is that no one really cares anymore, and it irks me to see some many people have this crippling victim complex. Guess what, no one cares if you watch Friendship Is Magic anymore. Enough people have decided that they find enjoyment out of the show the the general internet culture has accepted it. Yes, Oh Inter Net and Encyclopedia Dramatica make fun of you. News flash; they make fun of everyone. Yes, Fox news calls us gay pedophiles, you know what? Fox news thinks that everyone who isn't either a white christian male or a submissive housewife is a gay pedophile. We are not under attack. We are not oppressed. We are no longer the internet's punching bag. Stop acting like we are.

• Brohoof 1

My active RP characters.

Shining Mask

Marble Stripe