Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

Appledash shipping is now canon, Based on the following:

Applejack, despite being cursed by discord, is able to tell the truth when she sees rainbow dash fly off.

When applejack is mind-hax'd by twilight, the last image we see in her flash back is of her and rainbow running in the leaves

When rainbow is de-cursed, she leaps on top of applejack, not just hugging her.

I believe there is a deep emotional bond between them, that goes beyond just friends.

Even if it is never publicly acknowlaged, the effects of the relationship can still be seen.

"what our fans have joined together, let no writer rip asunder"

• Brohoof 9

Twilight and Luna, because I mean look at the names :blink: it can't just be coincidence. Plus Twi is the one who stood up to her and saved her from herself. I mean if someone saved me from destroying myself I would definitely have "savior syndrome" and have a huge interest in them.

This is all from this fan fic: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/story-within-and-without.html

And believe me, I am NOT one for fan fics, but this author sticks to canon, doesn't go overboard and unbelievable, is well written and layered, and throws in the Luna/Twi ever so subtlety that I almost felt like it was a real episode after I finished it.

Shipping... bothers me...

However, it's in human nature to want to pair things, so

Posted Image

Rarity x DIAMONDS

lol'd HARD at that pic. the world im on seems to be devoid of diamond >_<

also, i like fluttershy x rarity quite a bit.

but the greatest shipping of all will always be luna x chess set.

its from a clopfic written by a gamefaqs user in one of the mlp threads. hes kinda famous among us gfaqs bronies for being a pretty good shipfic writer.

lol'd HARD at that pic. the world im on seems to be devoid of diamond >_<

also, i like fluttershy x rarity quite a bit.

but the greatest shipping of all will always be luna x chess set.

its from a clopfic written by a gamefaqs user in one of the mlp threads. hes kinda famous among us gfaqs bronies for being a pretty good shipfic writer.

I must admit, that was pretty good.

Honestly I really dont expect the show to have any kind of relationship like the ones shipping implies. I have nothing against it but it does lead down to a dark road in fandom....

rule 34 ew

Okay whoever shipped Spike and Twi? THAT'S A MOTHER AND SON RELATIONSHIP. Even if it's not by blood.

I like to think of Spike as the snarky little brother. Thats not much better but eh I dont think Twilight is the maternal figure.

You know, I used to tell myself that I wouldn't ship any ponies with each other.

Then along came Disord/Pinkie Pie.

So now I ship a pony with a draconequus.

Also, Tom/Rarity...but that goes without saying, really...

And I also friend-ship Twilight/Pinkie. I love how their personalities clash the most, yet they're buddies. It's adorable.

• Brohoof 4

Something that completely slipped my mind earlier (and that I'm sort of surprised hasn't come up yet)... I'm actually a big fan of Lyra/Bon-Bon. There's so much adorable art and so many adorable stories of them together. They even put them together on the Comic Con poster which I don't think was coincidental (although I also don't think it makes the ship cannon. I'm not quite that deluded). The fan personalities created for the two are also quite cute IMHO.

• Brohoof 2

Not that I'd think this would work too well, but I really like Twilight and Trixie for their name: Twixie. It sounds like a candy bar! :lol: Plus it made this comic:

post-4-0-72987300-1317705819_thumb.jpg

Maybe I'm just super amused by Mr. Sparkle's pipe.

Pinkie/Discord was also a real treat to find, since it's my favorite mane 6 and villain combined.

The time tested Rainbow Pie/Pinkie Dash and Apple Dash also work.

Spike & Owlowiscious is also one to think about. The tension is certainly waiting to be resolved. It would get a bit awkward hearing Owlowiscious calling out Who's name.

Like many of you, I love Lyra and Bon Bon. Griffin Village - Summer cemented that.

And of course, I always love reading fics where Vinyl and Octavia get paired up.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 2

post-82-0-26147800-1317707971_thumb.jpg

This might be one of the most standard pairings of the bunch (and I've noticed has already been mentioned a few times in the thread before), but one of my favorite shippings is that of Applejack and Rainbow Dash. They are insanely compatible for each other - both very stubborn, both athletic and hardheaded, their interactions are absolutely adorable when they share screen time together (even the random moments where Rainbow Dash is hiding behind/on Applejack's back when the parasprites invade or as someone mentioned how AJ didn't lie when RD flew off, how her last memory of friendship involved RD, and how RD tackled AJ at the end); especially in Fall Weather Friends, where they show off their chemistry even as they're bringing out the most ruthless competition for each other. The positive ending cements the friendship they have for each other, and honestly it seems like they'd be great for each other - very supportive and both strong in nature, they would have each others' backs against the world.

post-82-0-53145800-1317708065_thumb.png

I also don't really mind the Twilight Sparkle x Luna pairing, or Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash - I have a thing for the Pegasus love. :)

• Brohoof 4

I usually don't read shipping just because I would rather read a sad or grimdark story. But if I had to pick one it would have to be Twilight and applejack, the nose-deep-in-a-book student, and the hard working farm hand. Together they just seem like they would blend well. Or Twilight and Luna, just because it would be awesome.

Wow, I completely forgot about Lyra and Bon Bon! That`s kind of weird since Lyra is my favourite character... Maybe it`s just because they work so well together, (or at least what we made it seem like,) that we forget about their relationship! I`d say it`s one of my favourites just because I like the relationship we gave them as a whole!

I don't care at all about shipping in other fandoms, though I seem to be slowly developing an interest in it here in MLP, probably because so many shipfics are so very well written. I completely approve of Lyra x Bon-bon because it seems so sweet and wholesome. I don't really mind most other ships, I can happily read a Rarity/Applejack fic then go straight into an ApplePie one without concern.

One popular ship that I really dislike, though, is Octavia x Vinyl Scratch. It just doesn't feel right to me. I know neither pony has any canon personality yet, but I somehow just can't see the two of them working out as a couple or even developing an initial interest in each other.

Edited by TwilightSparkle

TwiLuna, PinkieDash, TwiLestia. Also, there's a Luna x Applejack ship fic that's turned out pretty well so far.

As far as clopfiction goes, I'm ok with it as long as it's well written.