Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is my dad Becoming a Brony?

iLegovideo

About 5 months ago, I became a brony, and as usual, parents start to hate. Usually, they become the first haters, but something strange started happening. One day, I left my computer on to Equestria.tv, and my Dad came over and started watching an episode. It was the Cutie Marks Chronicles episode, and he actually started to ask me questions regarding the overall story. Then, in the middle of the night, I woke up in a somewhat shock, realizing that my dad may be becoming a brony. Of course, I didn't want to jump to conclusions, as my Dad is usually sarcastic. It's been about two weeks, and he's starting to be more...interested in this fandom. Is my dad becoming a brony? If he is? Should I welcome him to the Forums? Should our conversations be pony-based?

post-8478-0-23433000-1353969053.jpg

• Brohoof 2

About 5 months ago, I became a brony, and as usual, parents start to hate. Usually, they become the first haters, but something strange started happening. One day, I left my computer on to Equestria.tv, and my Dad came over and started watching an episode. It was the Cutie Marks Chronicles episode, and he actually started to ask me questions regarding the overall story. Then, in the middle of the night, I woke up in a somewhat shock, realizing that my dad may be becoming a brony. Of course, I didn't want to jump to conclusions, as my Dad is usually sarcastic. It's been about two weeks, and he's starting to be more...interested in this fandom. Is my dad becoming a brony? If he is? Should I welcome him to the Forums? Should our conversations be pony-based?

If he is then congratulations! That would be really cool. I don't know about asking him to join the forum or anything like that though.
  • Brohoof 4

if he is becoming a brony thats great i imagine it would be a surprisingly good bonding experience BUT dont dive in at the deep end check check and triple check before you let him know about the fourms and stuff

• Brohoof 2

Keep your dad far from the fanbase's internet presence until you know that he appreciates the show itself. Much of the brony population are kids and teens, and people who are older than that who aren't internet veterans wouldn't know how to handle our many oddities. Let him get comfortable with the show and his own kid's involvement in it before introducing him to others. Bringing him into this forum would probably end up just being awkward for you regardless of anything I think, but that's for you to determine.

At this point I wouldn't say he's becoming a brony, he's just learning that he knows less than he previously thought (though it appears he wasn't doing any thinking before), and possibly that passing judgement on something about which one knows nothing isn't the best of ideas.

• Brohoof 7

He might be curious to see what you are viewing on the internet, maybe he wants to see exactly what you are watching out of curiosity . Or maybe he IS becoming a brony ( which would be awesome congratulations bro ) but lets not jump to conclusions.

Edited by Rainbowdash20%
  • Brohoof 2

If he is becoming a Brony, then welcome him to the herd!

I've always wanted a father who appreciates My Little Pony as much as I do, but unfortunately, he is a hater. :(

You should be happy!

Edited by My Whistle Baby
  • Brohoof 1

well maybe he is just trying to find out what your watching exactly, and make sure its nothing bad or something. Then again he could be turning brony, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions you might wanna wait until later on.

However I dunno if you'd want him on the forums. i mean to be honest I dunno if I'd even want to see my brother on these forums. Not that I dislike him, but him being on the forums here with me would just a bit akward.. Same thing with my parents if for somereason they did. However none of them know for now that I'm a brony so I suppose I'm safe on that.

Anyways Its possible he may have taken some form of liking to the show, but like its been said before. You need to double check, and triple check. Before you jump to any conclusions.

I guess its cool that your dad isn't freaking out about it. To be honest I think my dad would hate the show. I'd highly doubt he'd be accepting of it lets say. And my mom probably wouldn't either, I'd bet a bit more on her being accepting. However I highly doubt it.

Anyways thats another discussion. Just make sure it isn't a trick or something.

Edited by Zygen

My mum also likes ponies, but I would never dream of letting her on here *laughs*

If he is, well, that's not such a bad thing. It's much better than him being "ERMERGER R U GAI". Maybe he's just interested in seeing what you're watching.

First of all, if he is then my warmest congratulations on being able to welcome an older brony into the herd. Secondly, as an older pegasister myself I think this is just a huge step that he even sat down to watch the show instead of writing it off as 'just another cartoon' and hating it.

Nah I don't think so. Maybe he is just interested in the whole thing.

But even is he was liking the show, don't "welcome him yet" show him some cool fanmade songs and videos and such sometimes and see if it caughs his attention.

Give him time to set into the groove of things. If he can admit he is a brony, then can be one. Wow, wouldn't it be cool if we all had parents like that? Well, it might have been weird to find out as a little filly. Wait a little while, you will know what to do when the time comes. ;)

In all honesty I'm sure that if I ever showed my dad an episode of this he'd be converted immediately especially considering he seems to find enjoyment in all the other crap I used to watch when I was much younger.

He could be, but give it time. Don't push anything. He might just be mildly interested. Don't scare him away or anything like that. But that's one hell of a situation you're in! It'd be cool if one of my parents was a brony.

I think my Sister might be a closet pegasister, and I suspect she was before I was a brony. She seemed to know what was going on and understand it a little to quick.

If your dad's into it, then cool.

Edited by Shoboni

I'm guessing he is just curious to what the hay you could be watching, it's not everyday you see animated ponies bouncing around a screen.. Unless if you're a brony- then that's normal.

I think it's good that your dad found it. Welcome him to the herd. Who knows, he might actually be into the show. You and your dad could get a stronger father-son relationship.

I think it's good that your dad found it. Welcome him to the herd. Who knows, he might actually be into the show. You and your dad could get a stronger father-son relationship.

I'm guessing he is just curious to what the hay you could be watching, it's not everyday you see animated ponies bouncing around a screen.. Unless if you're a brony- then that's normal.

Cool if he is. At best he likes it, at worst he is no longer a hater. Really it's a win-win situation for you. Most people I know who are haters at the very least stop hating after learning about the show and what it's really like. :)

I think my Sister might be a closet pegasister, and I suspect she was before I was a brony. She seemed to know what was going on and understand it a little to quick.

If your dad's into it, then cool.

He could be, but give it time. Don't push anything. He might just be mildly interested. Don't scare him away or anything like that. But that's one hell of a situation you're in! It'd be cool if one of my parents was a brony.

In all honesty I'm sure that if I ever showed my dad an episode of this he'd be converted immediately especially considering he seems to find enjoyment in all the other crap I used to watch when I was much younger.

Give him time to set into the groove of things. If he can admit he is a brony, then can be one. Wow, wouldn't it be cool if we all had parents like that? Well, it might have been weird to find out as a little filly. Wait a little while, you will know what to do when the time comes. ;)

Maybe he's just curious of what you like to do with your spare time. What you enjoy. Probably just trying to create a stronger bond!

Nah I don't think so. Maybe he is just interested in the whole thing.

But even is he was liking the show, don't "welcome him yet" show him some cool fanmade songs and videos and such sometimes and see if it caughs his attention.

First of all, if he is then my warmest congratulations on being able to welcome an older brony into the herd. Secondly, as an older pegasister myself I think this is just a huge step that he even sat down to watch the show instead of writing it off as 'just another cartoon' and hating it.

My mum also likes ponies, but I would never dream of letting her on here *laughs*

If he is, well, that's not such a bad thing. It's much better than him being "ERMERGER R U GAI". Maybe he's just interested in seeing what you're watching.

well maybe he is just trying to find out what your watching exactly, and make sure its nothing bad or something. Then again he could be turning brony, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions you might wanna wait until later on.

However I dunno if you'd want him on the forums. i mean to be honest I dunno if I'd even want to see my brother on these forums. Not that I dislike him, but him being on the forums here with me would just a bit akward.. Same thing with my parents if for somereason they did. However none of them know for now that I'm a brony so I suppose I'm safe on that.

Anyways Its possible he may have taken some form of liking to the show, but like its been said before. You need to double check, and triple check. Before you jump to any conclusions.

I guess its cool that your dad isn't freaking out about it. To be honest I think my dad would hate the show. I'd highly doubt he'd be accepting of it lets say. And my mom probably wouldn't either, I'd bet a bit more on her being accepting. However I highly doubt it.

Anyways thats another discussion. Just make sure it isn't a trick or something.

If he is becoming a Brony, then welcome him to the herd!

I've always wanted father who appreciates My Little Pony as much as I do, but unfortunately, he is a hater. :(

You should be happy!

give him a month, just trust me. you might either fully realise that he has, hes been pulling a huge troll on you, or one day, your mom will find a clop folder that you never made, because your dad made it!!!!

He might be curious to see what you are viewing on the internet, maybe he wants to see exactly what you are watching out of curiosity . Or maybe he IS becoming a brony ( which would be awesome congratulations bro ) but lets not jump to conclusions.

Keep your dad far from the fanbase's internet presence until you know that he appreciates the show itself. Much of the brony population are kids and teens, and people who are older than that who aren't internet veterans wouldn't know how to handle our many oddities. Let him get comfortable with the show and his own kid's involvement in it before introducing him to others. Bringing him into this forum would probably end up just being awkward for you regardless of anything I think, but that's for you to determine.

At this point I wouldn't say he's becoming a brony, he's just learning that he knows less than he previously thought (though it appears he wasn't doing any thinking before), and possibly that passing judgement on something about which one knows nothing isn't the best of ideas.

if he is becoming a brony thats great i imagine it would be a surprisingly good bonding experience BUT dont dive in at the deep end check check and triple check before you let him know about the fourms and stuff

If he is then congratulations! That would be really cool. I don't know about asking him to join the forum or anything like that though.

. Thanks for the feedback, you guys. I appreciate that you are all actively helping me. It would be kind of cool to have a brony guy to talk about all things pony. Time to accidentally convert my mom! Jk. My sister already fell into the epic pony trap. ;) Believe me, he was a hater at first. Now? I don't know. If he is, I'd be as happy as Twilight in a library. Right now, he's probably on the fence. Heck, I even blare out pony-related music wherever I go! He even knows Thelivingtombstone and Eurobeat Brony! And also several others, such as Mike the microphone. Of course, he doesn't listen to brony music in his car or anywhere, but he is starting to approve of my fandom. Edited by iLegovideo
  • Brohoof 4

He could just be trying to see what you see in it, but If he is becoming a brony then that is pretty damn cool, but uhh...lets just hope he doesn't find out about r34 as that may lead to some awkwardness at your place :P

• Brohoof 1

That's very interesting. Usually if you Dad found out that you watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, they will think you're homosexual and they start to hate you for it even though they haven't watched the show themselves. At least your Dad actually tried watching the show.

Edited by Konata1000

. Thanks for the feedback, you guys. I appreciate that you are all actively helping me. It would be kind of cool to have a brony guy to talk about all things pony. Time to accidentally convert my mom! Jk. My sister already fell into the epic pony trap. ;)

Goodluck with your mom! Haha. No, but I wish you best of luck with your possible brony dad. Let us know how it goes whenever something big happens in relation to it, why not? Lastly, it's no problem helping out a fellow brony. Moreso we should thank you for giving such an exciting topic to talk about! :P

He could just be trying to see what you see in it, but If he is becoming a brony then that is pretty damn cool, but uhh...lets just hope he doesn't find out about r34 as that may lead to some awkwardness at your place :P

That's very interesting. Usually if you Dad found out that you watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, they will think you're homosexual and they start to hate you for it even though they haven't watched the show themselves. At least your Dad actually tried watching the show.

Goodluck with your mom! Haha. No, but I wish you best of luck with your possible brony dad. Let us know how it goes whenever something big happens in relation to it, why not? Lastly, it's no problem helping out a fellow brony. Moreso we should thank you for giving such an exciting topic to talk about! :P

man, I'm so lazy that i can't even give an individual response! He better not find out about Rule 34! When I first started to watch the show, he didn't think I was gay, but rather insane. Well, he's probably right about me being insane, but he didn't just outcast me. He just disliked the show. Most of the haters don't even give the show a chance. My dad is one of those haters that are open minded. In fact, I was one of those haters, but I kept an open mind. There is no hope for my mom. I guess this is an interesting topic, mostly because most of our dads are not bronies.
  • Brohoof 1

man, I'm so lazy that i can't even give an individual response! He better not find out about Rule 34! When I first started to watch the show, he didn't think I was gay, but rather insane. Well, he's probably right about me being insane, but he didn't just outcast me. He just disliked the show. Most of the haters don't even give the show a chance. My dad is one of those haters that are open minded. In fact, I was one of those haters, but I kept an open mind. There is no hope for my mom. I guess this is an interesting topic, mostly because most of our dads are not bronies.

I almost spat my iced tea out when I read about that which may not be named! XD But I know how those 'hater' parents work too. I swear I think my family thinks I'm homosexual just because I enjoy watching My Little Pony. To make it worse, my step-father is a bit homophobic, not to mention that I have a homosexual cousin as well. I sense two things wrong with this! For one, why would it matter if I was homosexual? I'm not, but if I was, would they stop loving me over something so simple? Two, it's just a television show. So what? Everyone has something they enjoy.