Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's This Pony's Canon Name?

Zero000

• 3 years later...

Just a quick question. I see her as much as I see Heartstrings or Bon Bon, so I figured she had a name.

img-91125-1-351px-Colgate_id.png

Her canon name is Minuette. (Min-u-et)

However, some fans refer to her as Colgate.

• Brohoof 2

Even though her canon name is Minuette, I still like to call her Colgate. I am warming up to the name Minuette more and more, however.

All these people commenting "Colgate". Oh, such innocence.

Um, this topic was made way back in January 2012. That was way before Minuette's official name was announced, so you can't expect others to know that around that time. :please:

• Brohoof 2

Her cannon name given to her by Hasbro is "Mineutte"

Though most Bronies call her Colgate as her mane and tail to look like toothpaste.

• Brohoof 1

Because Hasbro is a meanie.

Actually, there is a good reason: TRADEMARK! 

"Colgate" is the name of a toothpaste; if they just dare to use it in a cartoon to promote the SALES OF A TOY, the ammount of money they will have to pay to the Palmolive Company holders (just from the legal fees alone); would be greater than the total animation budget for Season 5.

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 3

Actually, there is a good reason: TRADEMARK! 

"Colgate" is the name of a toothpaste; if they just dare to use it in a cartoon to promote the SALES OF A TOY, the ammount of money they will have to pay to the Palmolive Company holders (just from the legal fees alone); would be greater than the total animation budget for Season 5.

There we got the harsh truth, but it's true.

• Brohoof 1

Her real name is Minuette and not Colgate. The reason why she is called Minuette was because that her name came from a blind bag and the name is Show Canon as seen in Amending Fences.

Edited by superdogz1999

Her canon name is Minuette, but the fans prefer to call her, "Colgate" because of her hair looking like toothpaste, and because she dressed up as a dentist in Nightmare Night. :P

Her canon name is Minuette, but the fans prefer to call her, "Colgate" because of her hair looking like toothpaste, and because she dressed up as a dentist in Nightmare Night. :P

Even though her canon name is Minuette, I still like to call her Colgate. I am warming up to the name Minuette more and more, however.

Um, this topic was made way back in January 2012. That was way before Minuette's official name was announced, so you can't expect others to know that around that time. :please:

I thought that too, but then I saw "Marco ~ Ace Attorney"'s post, which has the exact same date as all the others (January 16 2012) but knows that Minuette is the name Hasbro gave her.