Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate Trixie?

Wolf-Boy

To be honest, ironicaly, after the Magic duel episode, i really started to like her, i mean, i understand her completely, because i would probably seek for revenge if something happened to me aswell (Hating to admit it)

The last scene actualy made me a little sad that that's the last we will be seeing of her...

"Hate" is a very strong word to be quite honest.  I don't neccessarily love Trixie. But, as the poster above me said after the Magic Duel I actually started to like her.She isn't one of my favorites. But, I seriously don't hate Trixie. Now, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? If I could use the word HATE to the fullest extent it would be these two. I seriously HATE those two.

I don't hate Trixie. Actually i have a very neutral feeling towards her because of what she did in "Magic Duel" i mean sure she was corrupted and didn't know she was doing beyond beating Twilight but she must have known the consequences of The Alicorn Amulet.

• Brohoof 1

i like her as a villain, she was doing so well until that shift in her character development ruined it.

the amulet corrupted her? how does that explain her behavior with out it on, note when she took it of there was 0 change and she still tried to kill RD

I wouldn't say I hate her, but she isn't exactly a character I like either. In Boast Busters she struck me as a cheater, way overconfident, a bully and (obviously) a liar. Everything a stage magician shouldn't be and at least half of what I myself find... annoying.

In Magic Duel I thought she had gone crazy up until I heard what exactly does the amulet do. I'm pretty happy how the episode ended and how Trixie was developed character-wise.

Magic Duel was a good episode, don't get me wrong, but I still strongly dislike Trixie.

I cannot stand her "I'm better than you and I'll prove it even if I have to cheat" attitude towards everything.

Yes, the Amulet corrupted her, but she's the one who sought it out and bought it in the first place.

Well, since I have plenty of answers, here goes a list:

Trixie is cool.

Trixie is badass.

Trixie doesn't give a fuck.

Trixie got shunned.

Trixie has a cool necklace.

I wanna go on, but those are my reasons.

• Brohoof 3

Well I found her pretty unlikable after her first episode but after Magic Duel I'm neutral towards her. She seems committed to being a better person from now on and she apologized for her behavior so I've forgiven her. She still hasn't done anything that makes her appealing to me though so ultimately no, I don't hate or even dislike Trixie. I just don't particularly like her either.

I don't hate trixy... Never have...

I just thought she was a joke in her first episode

Now in her second episode she became 20% more badass!

Then lost the 20% when she apologized... But she learned her lesson... And that's awesome!

I've always really liked Trixie. I found her a fun villain but at the same time hoped for her to not be an irredeemable character--she didn't seem to be one for a few moments in Boast Busters, anyway.

And I was pretty happy with this. She apologized, yet in a way that turned out to be in character. And now that I know Hasbro didn't suddenly turn her evil, I find that evil laugh to be hilarious.

Anyway. Trixie fan.

• Brohoof 1

At the very beginning, and i mean the very first time i saw Boast Busters, i disliked her. shes was cocky, annoying, and all flash with no spark. after i watched the episode a few times, she started to grow on me more.  Magic Duel secured my love for her character, and now shes one of my favorites. 

her character is fun to watch, just because shes so over the top. 

Why is there a thread like this every week?  Trixie seems to be the only pony that Bronies are allowed to hate (well, "Fluttershy is mai waifu!" people are allowed to hate Gilda), but why?  I'll never really understand it.

Oh, and as to whether I hate Trixie or not: My avatar, username, signature, computer wallpaper, iPhone wallpaper, pony art collection, etc should be an answer...

Basically the most ideal pony possible, in my opinion, would be Rainbow Dash as a unicorn who cares about intellectual matters instead of athletics...and that's pretty close to what Trixie is.  

• Brohoof 1

Not really. To be honest, I've been her fan since her first episode, and now, after Magic Duel, I like her even more. Sure, she brags a lot( actually, Dashie does exactly the same) but nopony's perfect, right?

If I had to guess, I'd say that Trixie heard somewhere that the amulet could give her amazing powers, but not that it would make you evil. She just was desperate to stop being laughed at everywhere. Trixie was just bitter, not evil.

I won't go as far as to say she was completely possessed or anything when she did all those evil things to Ponyville, I just think the amulet amplified her boasting and want for revenge and then gave her magic powers to back it up. That said, she would not have wished to or have been able to do these if not for the amulet. Seeing as she likely wasn't aware of its full effects, I don't blame her completely. Once she realized what had happened, she apologized in a very Trixie-esque and should be forgiven.

So no, I don't hate her. I think she's a very misunderstood pony who is used to being in the center of attention and is frustrated that now she can never seem to win.

I guess I would qualify as a vociferous anti-Trixie member, based on my previous posts about her, but I don't hate her. I don't find it within myself to actively hate any fictional character. That said, she does have a very low approval rating for me. This latest episode featuring her hasn't changed it very much. I can accept her boasting, I can accept her showmanship, but she lies, goes against her word (as she did in the challenge, by not showing that she could do something better than the others did, as she said she could, but instead using magic to attack them in different ways) and she treats her "enthusiastic little admirers" badly even in private. And she still has never apologized for telling tall tales about beating an Ursa Major when she couldn't do more than bother an Ursa Minor. So no, I don't hate her, but I hold her in a regard that could be translated as "hate" in a mindset capable of hating fictional characters.

Who could possibly hate the Great and Powerful Trixie?

She's as hammy as they come and trills her "R's" like a pro.

Seriously speaking, Trixie has always been the character I identified the most with. She's smart, spunky, confident verging on cocky, and a showman to the core. Yet, I'm always left thinking that she developed that persona as a defense to events that she's gone through. What could those events have been? We're not given even a single clue about them, so there's this huge gap in her past that we're free to fill up with our imaginations.

Maybe I'm just reading too deeply into her, but still, she certainly makes for a character that sticks in my mind.

• Brohoof 1