Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

Allow me to repeat myself here.

THIS. IS. UTTER. BULLSHIT.

*holds Red*

THEY WILL NEVER TAKE DERPY FROM US!!!

Couldn't be that terrible? COULDN'T BE THAT TERRIBLE?

*uproots Ponyville Library and beats you with it*

This so much.

Yes. I'm going to beat the manure out of you right now, in fact.  No, but you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. Go find the MLP wiki and don't come back until you know EXACTLY who Derpy Hooves is and why she is so important to bronies.

Boy, that library has gone through some tough stuff lately. First a tree goes through it (irony), then Trixie, now this. Eh, anyways, FOR DERPY!!!!!!!

Yes. I'm going to beat the manure out of you right now, in fact.  No, but you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. Go find the MLP wiki and don't come back until you know EXACTLY who Derpy Hooves is and why she is so important to bronies.

Sorry. *cowers in a corner* I know now. I don't pay attention to background details, I'm a relatively new brony, and haven't been a part of the community for long. 

• Brohoof 3

If this is true than just what in the hell is Hasbro thinking? Yeah I get that they want to sell toys and that is fine and dandy but they need to remember that making a good quality show is what got so many people outside of the intended audience to fall in love with the franchise in the first place. I really hope this dosen't become another case of one company destroying itself due to its own greed, seriously I think we have seen enough of that crap as it is. The staff of the show has done an excellent job so far, why butt in and ruin a perfectly good thing?

As dissapointed as I am that Derpy may be removed entirely I am not surprised, Derpy is a character with a great deal of potential to reach out to alot of fans that are disabled or "different" but the politically correct imbeciles out there ruined it. I have a fanfic idea for Derpy so you may see it soon in Octavias Hall along with this Twilight Sparkle fanfic idea I am working on. Speaking of her though I could easily see her as an alicorn someday but the end of season 3 seems way way way too soon for that, a huge change like that should wait until toward the end of the series and should have a lot more buildup.

• Brohoof 2

Wall I'm not to sad about Derpy, but she was just a background character. I watched the show because it was good not because of Derpy. It is sad that we are losing a character that we made.

Not sure how to feel about Alalicron Twilight, I don't know how to feel about this. At first I did not want to believe it, but maybe it well work. I just don't get why they need to make an episode about it just to make a toy. They could sell the toy and not have an episode. Theres a Pinkie Pie baby toy and she never became a baby. 

At least we know there's a season 4.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

I don't believe it. It is obvious in S3 they have been trying to cater more to the fanbase, why suddenly turn around and basically give us the fiinger?

Also I don't buy the "phase Derpy out" crap, I've seen almost as much Derpy merchendise as any other of the main cast, doesn't seem like they want to get rid of Derpy at all.

Because Twilight Sparkle's awesome destiny has been alluded to countless times, it is likely she will become an alicorn at some point.  Here is an educated guess on my part: When the conclusion to S3 was being written, it was unknown if there would be a season 4 or not, so two scripts would be needed:  One that wraps up the entire series and another that keeps it going more or less business as usual.  The TV industry is very adept at contingency planning and rumor control. People here with in depth knowledge of TV production may be able to elaborate on what I'm getting at.

Why is season 3 so short? It's been said elsewhere but it's worth repeating...65 is the desired number of episodes for daily repeat TV programming because it works out to exactly 13 weeks, four times a year. If it turned out that S4 was not projected to make the desired profit, this would've been the most convenient time to finish the series. But MLP:FiM is red hot and reports of S4 are already surfacing. We're just waiting for an official word now.

One more question: Am I a bad person because I'm not upset at the prospect of Derpy being phased out?

• Brohoof 2

Cool_story_bro.jpg

Absolute trash.

Not only is Alicorn Twilight the worst idea to have ever occured to the human brain, but the knock-on effects in any future season(s) would be disastrous.

What would happen to Spike? Would he be dismissed from the show in some rushed scene where he leaves with dragons in another effort to 'find himself'? Twilight is scarcely going to need him anymore and Spike cannot be simply removed from the show in the same way that this person's (groundless) claim says will happen to Derpy, so he'll either have to take his leave in a way which makes no sense whatsoever or be cast off in a dark corner, only to be seen in episodes about him or during major Ponyville emergencies.

Or would that be Canterlot emergencies? Speaking of which, where's Twilight going to live?

Because if it's in Canterlot, the whole background cast of Ponyville (like Mr and Mrs Cake, Doctor Whooves, etc.) would be gone and need to be replaced by the developers, who would then have the task of creating entirely new ponies to fill in slots which should never have been emptied in the first place.

And regardless of the setting, the relationship and time spent together with the other Mane 5 and Twilight would change. The Mane 6 would become spliced into the Mane 1 and the Horribly Overlooked Rightful Symbols of Equestria who Should Hold Indefinite Titles To Excellent Roles in Stories (HORSESHITTERS), and we'd probably have to put up with Twilight exchanging pleasantries with Celestia for five minutes every week.

Alicorn Twilight for one episode in the season finale, maybe. Other than that, don't believe a word of it.

• Brohoof 5

I think this is all probably true, although I think that the actual message was a hoax. Derpy has all but disappeared from Season 3; the sightings of her don't show the derped eyes so I don't believe it's her. 

Sorry guys, but this is how things go: it's about the bottom line. This show has been pandering to us (with Derpy's appearances in Season 2, and with a lot of the in-jokes and character bonding in Season 2 and 3). If Hasbro doesn't want to risk liability, they'll get rid of Derpy. And if they want to sell more toys, they'll make an alicorn Twilight. 

Heck look at that billboard; it's pretty clear that Twilight will either become an alicorn or be featured in a dream sequence, fantasy, or temporarily becoming an alicorn. She doesn't have to become a princess--that would be a pretty weird form of racism, privileging alicorns over other races. But if she does, I'm sure the show's creators will keep their zany sense of humour and focus on love and friendship. Maybe Season 4 can be about the ponies moving on and growing up, but keeping their friendships (as much as that would suck). The show has to move in some direction and I think the characters can only develop so much, and there are only so many friendship lessons that can be made. I don't think the show will last after Season 4 because there's only so many things that can be done with it. We all will have great memories and a great community though. 

Heck maybe they're even making a movie and that's why this season is shorter. 

Alicorn Twilight for one episode in the season finale, maybe. Other than that, don't believe a word of it.

Possibly there's a scene along the lines of "Twilight is faced with the choice of being an awesome Alicorn Princess and ascending to epicness at the cost of leaving her friends." and she chooses her friends ofc.

• Brohoof 1

Boy, that library has gone through some tough stuff lately. First a tree goes through it (irony), then Trixie, now this. Eh, anyways, FOR DERPY!!!!!!!

You forgot Twilight "rage quitting" in Season 3 episode 1.

Applejack: "Ah'd say she's handlin' things pretty well... considering..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw-YvXSTjd4

Yeah... the library's going through tough times indeed.

I wonder if she'll react similarly after becoming an alicorn.

Edited by Koori

@ and @ are completely right here. This is a reddit post with little to no proof to build on. If he were to reveal spoilers, then he's running a serious risk in getting fined and/or sued for violating standard job protocols. Furthermore, Hasbro knows quite well how much the fandom loves Derpy! When toys of her were released, they sold out within minutes. It was a major success. Furthermore, I sincerely doubt Hasbro is stupid enough to massacre their own product and fandom like this, especially when MLP:FIM is at its peak right now.

In short, take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

I'm not sure there's a whole lot I can say that hasn't already been stated, but I'll give my two cents anyhow.

It's stories like this that really make me wonder how much of an effect the bronies have on Hasbro's decisions about the show/merchandise. Sometimes it feels like we dictate their whole world, and others it seems our wants are ignored completely. Obviously, it's somewhere in between. My theory is it's done to keep us on our toes, and give us a little excitement, and in the end we

tumblr_mcttm4eO9y1r3k1m8o1_500.png

To Hasbro, when things usually work out in our favor.

I suppose my theory is as valid as anyone else's opinion, so assuming these little "spoilers" are true, my thoughts are as follows:

• Honestly, Derpy never was a big deal for me. I never catch all these references to her or appearances  I just don't have that kind of observation ability. She's a cool character for fanon, but the show wouldn't be at a loss without her.

• Alicorn Twilight... I think they could make some cool stories out of such an event, if handled in the appropriate way. (i.e, without changing the formula of the show too much.) I just don't know if I trust the writers to be willing/able enough to do that, and end up ruining what made MLP so great for all of us.

In the end, we're just going to have to deal, or not deal, with what Hasbro/the team decides to do with the show. If it is the beginning of the end, we had a pretty good run. But for now at least, I think it's best that we take this new "information" as a possibility, but not absolute truth.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about this.

As others have said, it's probably just some idiot trying to get a rise out of us.  But, then again, the recent promotions (Twilight's Destiny, lack of Derpy) point in the opposite direction.  I think it would be best to take the 'wait and see' attitude and see how time plays itself out.  This is a practice commonly performed by Blizzard in StarCraft II when it concerns balance changes.  It, quite often, succeeds.  Although we have no direct control over the flow events, I don't think it's worth getting worked up about.  Kick back, fold your hands and wait.  That's what it boils down to.  Waiting.

If Twilight actually does become an Alicorn, It would pretty much ruin the concept of 'Friendship is Magic' 

Because Twilight would automatically overpower them and therefore would have any time for them anymore.

If this is true, I'm quite scared as to what will happen to Celestia, as if Twilight became an Alicorn she'd probably be the ruler of Equestria.

But, even with the overwhelming love of Derpy in the fandom, they've decided to axe her apparently, I just hope this isn't true, because everyone loves Derpy Hooves.

• Brohoof 2

Only thing we can do at this point is submit this 'rumor' to people actually involved with the show, or even Hasbro itself and ask for a response. Only they can tell us whether it's a hoax or not. It is Reddit, so I'm inclined to believe it's a hoax.

Either way, the idle speculation I've seen concerning this rumor isn't helpful, instead throwing gasoline onto the fire. We all love this show and seeing posts like this will get any of us jumpy.

Edited by RagingTwilight

oh dear god!!!! Please bring back derpy!!! i dont care about twilight getting wings( well i actually do alot but one of my favorite ponies is getting axed here) i just want my cute little cross eyed gray mare back!!!! :(  :(

Edited by yourmomsponies
  • Brohoof 2

WHAT! THEY BE MONKEYS TO RUIN SUCH A FABULOUS SHOW! RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE FLARE FLARE FLARE FLARE! AAAAGH!

A

N

Y

W
A

Y

S

I can agree with this. If Derpy is getting canned, then that sucks.

If Twilight becomes a princess, that sucks, too.

A season Four without Twilight? ARE THEY MAD! They are just asking for flames and rage from everypony!

Sigh.

And now I will go back on the Battleship Pony and go back into exile. Maybe I'll visit family in Vaporia. I certainly don't want Twi becoming a princess. It would ruin the entire series.

Heck look at that billboard; it's pretty clear that Twilight will either become an alicorn or be featured in a dream sequence, fantasy, or temporarily becoming an alicorn. She doesn't have to become a princess--that would be a pretty weird form of racism, privileging alicorns over other races. But if she does, I'm sure the show's creators will keep their zany sense of humour and focus on love and friendship. Maybe Season 4 can be about the ponies moving on and growing up, but keeping their friendships (as much as that would suck). The show has to move in some direction and I think the characters can only develop so much, and there are only so many friendship lessons that can be made. I don't think the show will last after Season 4 because there's only so many things that can be done with it. We all will have great memories and a great community though.

I agree we're getting a Twilight alicorn sooner or later.  That poster was no accident.  I also agree on preferring quality over quantity..  Having six main characters, the CMCs, and a good number of supporting characters gives the creative staff a lot to work with. But this show is somewhat constrained by its basic premise and if they go beyond 4 seasons (5 at the most if 4 and 5 are 13 episodes each), they're going to start spinning their wheels. 78 to 91 episodes is a lot for a cartoon like this and I'd rather see them quit while they're ahead.

Saw this on reddit.  Really hope like hell it isn't true.  If it is, there are spoilers in it for season 3 so keep that in mind if you intend to read further:

tumblr_mewn33fbjf1rdfpvto1_500.png

I HIGHLY doubt this is true - there are some conflicting pieces of information here. Hasbro has not taken control of the show - they actually lessened their influence on MLP with season 3, and let Studio B and the show staff take more control over what happens. I would be surprised if this was suddenly reversed on a whim.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah lol seriously guys the chance of this being real is like one out of one hundred. Even if you found it on somewhere somewhat credible, mistakes are made. Here's some old post on a random forum from four years ago;

if tv.com's source is true(and i really hope it is),ppg is on hiatus right now which means sometime this year they will be coming back!THANK YOU GOD CN MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE!!

Until I see an official response from Hasbro regarding this, I'm not buying any of this. Besides, the animation studio already said that they love Derpy and want her to stay.

• Brohoof 2

While it would suck if they deleted Derpy completely, and it is kinda fishy that we have yet to see Derpy in the episodes released, there are still a good handful of episodes left to go. For all anyone knows, she might make an appearance in one of them. *shrug* Also, Derpy can still be seen from the opening theme; if they were really phasing her out, why still keep her in the opening theme? xD

And maybe it's just me, but I honestly wouldn't be bothered by Twilight becoming an alicorn. In fact, that would probably make me very happy~ But I guess I'm just speaking out of favoritism. icon_awesomeface.gif

In the meantime, I think it'd be wise to take that person's statements with a huge sack of salt until they are proven true--or not true.

I agree. When I looked where this is from, I let out a sigh of relief. If this came from reddit, it's trollwork. Time to pull out...

THE KEY OF WISDOM! BASK IN ITS GLORY!

(Phineas and Ferb referance)

Anyways... I am of the same opinion of darklord. If this is truth, the show has degraded into worse the G3, and it would need to be held down and shot at with what you call a 'bazooka'.

I hate to say it, but I said that this kind of thing could happen (though, I didn't think they would make her an Alicorn).  And there are alot of signs pointing to this being her ultimate destiny. 

But honestly, if she did become the ruler of Equestria, if she became an Alicorn, what would really change?  I mean, she's already taken a leadership role numerous times, and the overall formula of the show wasn't affected as a result.  And if she went Alicorn, she'd still be Twilight Sparkle, just with wings.  I really don't foresee her personality changing all that much as a result of this.  Maybe the stakes get a little higher and the ponies start dealing with bigger threats to Equestria as a result.  I mean, it's not like she's gonna turn into a Princess Serenity-esque godlike character and destroy and remake the world because she doesn't like something.  Nah, they would NEVER do that, would they?

That said, do I believe this particular post?  Well, I could see things like that happening in the future.  But the one part of it that I don't necessarily buy is the Alicorn thing (or at the very least, I don't buy that the person posting it really confirmed it).  And it's specifically because the post mentioned that the reason is so Hasbro can sell more toys.  If this were the case, then why would they just change one character?  Why not change ALL of the mane 6?  That seems more along the lines of what they would do if they wanted to sell more toys, especially given their track record (they do that all the time in Transformers).  That said, I'm not saying it COULDN'T happen.  I just don't necessarily believe that one person who's name isn't even in the quote really has the sheer number of connections necessary to confirm this.

So my advice here is, until we get official confirmation from Equestria Daily itself, take all this with a grain of salt.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1