Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

The only bright side would probably be some of the fan made toys and plushies that we'll see.I would've personally preferred Pinkie Pie to be an alicorn since she could probably be a lot funnier with flight and magic powers.

Twilight_Sparkle_Alicorns_Armor_Plush.jp

• Brohoof 3

Sigh.

This is a hoax. Are people really believing this? <_<

Let's pick this apart logically.

1: Why would he reveal this via Reddit, and with no proof of who he is? Are there not more reliable places one could post such important information?

2: Those who work on shows have contractual agreements not to leak information. Wouldn't not only leaking information, but explicitly stating he was recently brought on, killing any sense of anonymity by giving Hasbro a means of pinpointing who he is guarantee a lawsuit against him?

3: How does this person gain from doing this? As previously stated, by doing this, they put themselves at great risk of legal trouble with Hasbro for breaking contract/s. What do they have to gain from this that would make taking such a risk worth it?

0/10 unimaginative troll. Giggle at the ghostie asshat and move on.

• Brohoof 19

I certainly hope you're right, although your friend claiming that there will be a Derpy episode directly contradicts an earlier official statement saying that she wouldn't get any more speaking appearances so I can't really fully believe what your friend says either.
I don't blame any of you for not believing what I say, in fact I didn't believe my friend when he told me, but he was right on a number of things that have happened including Trixie's comeback. I trust him.

Now that I think about it, how could there possibly be a Derpy episode?  They can't even say her NAME without a bunch of thin-skinned titty babies getting their panties in a bunch.

What exactly did your friend tell you before that he was right about?  If it's already happened it should be okay to talk about and Trixie coming back is way too easy to guess.

Edited by Mister Jack
  • Brohoof 2

I am honestly going to try to not worry about it however, like most people here I am also getting that "Corporate Greed" feeling,

Even then, I am just going to let it play along, keep watching it just to see what happens. If it DOES take a downward spiral, then I will be vastly disappointed in Hasbro but honestly at this point, we really should not worry ourselves over this

Hmm, Hasbro haven't really been listening to the bronies' point of view. Is this a step to try and get rid of us? Or am I just being paranoid...

Yeah, this is kind of worrying me too.

With the exception of the Sleepless in Ponyville episode, the show's quality does seem to be diminishing a little bit

• Brohoof 1

I'm honestly fine with the whole Alicorn Twilight thing, really

however, It may mark the end of the show for good, obviously we don't want that to happen right?

Seems like Hasbro is going to get a TON of hate mail.. i guess its too hard to change derpys voice.. like she gets hit in the head with something that fixes her eyes and her voice.. thus making the little complainers happy and could be a nice little episode. but ofcourse all the little cry babies ruin EVERYTHING. which they'd kill themselves with a rusty spork

Now that I think about it, how could there possibly be a Derpy episode?  They can't even say her NAME without a bunch of thin-skinned titty babies getting their panties in a bunch.
I know as much as you do at this point. I have crossed fingers (hooves). I just certainly hope she isn't canned completely as some may speculate.
  • Brohoof 1

HOLD UP A SECOND!!!

After reading this I went to talk with a friend who has been in contact with the director and apparently this apparently is not true.

tumblr_m9f6zg7GPY1r42mq7.gif

Oh yes, this is an easy move to fake on anyone's behalf. From what I've heard there is meant to be an episode dedicated to Derpy along with a variety of other stuff which I can't reveal. This is similar to when 4chan was saying that Season 3 was the last one. I recommend you take this with a pinch of salt.

I'm just curious if there is any more info to validate this. Not to claim your lying I'm just skeptical of both the claim in this thread and this one. Though it is easy to imagine you don't or cant release any more info.

I'm just curious if there is any more info to validate this. Not to claim your lying I'm just skeptical of both the claim in this thread and this one. Though it is easy to imagine you don't or cant release any more info.
I wish I could sorry. I could link you to my friends Deviant and you could nag it out of him if you were up to it. He does vectors for an upcoming project that's been given the green light by hasbro. They have 'contacts' so to say. http://austiniousi.deviantart.com/

Anyone could have written this. I won't believe it until I see it.

Still, if the writers really are going this way I will be very unhappy. There's enough noise going around about alicorn Twilight that I guess it's possible...and that's a possibility I would like to nip in the bud while there's still time.

Therefore I suggest three things:

(1) a poll of the site of how many want alicorn Twilight and how many don't.

(2) if the majority do not, as I suspect, then launch an online petition asking Hasbro not to make Twilight an alicorn. It's kind of an unprecedented step but I feel strongly enough about it to do that.

(3) send them the petition.

Anyone with me?

• Brohoof 5

I was thinking about tweeting this to Jayson Thiessen, but I don't want to come off as rude or bother the man. But he does have a way of calming the fires as he did back in the 13 episode season three panic.

Oh and as for the claims of season 3 being a decrease in quality. I really see no indication of that.

• Brohoof 5

Derpy Hooves has been canned totally

1341187896993.png

THIS. IS. UTTER. BULLSHIT.

I'm fine with the Derpy thing, she's a background pony and should be treated as such. 

But they're not going to put her back in the background, they're going to get rid of her completely. No more Derpy, ever. Not in the show, probably not even in the toy line either. This is completely unacceptable to me, I love Derpy more than any other pony.

HOLD UP A SECOND!!!

After reading this I went to talk with a friend who has been in contact with the director and apparently this apparently is not true.

tumblr_m9f6zg7GPY1r42mq7.gif

Oh yes, this is an easy move to fake on anyone's behalf. From what I've heard there is meant to be an episode dedicated to Derpy along with a variety of other stuff which I can't reveal. This is similar to when 4chan was saying that Season 3 was the last one. I recommend you take this with a pinch of salt.

Derpy getting her own episode? I want to believe you, largely due to wish fulfillment purposes. Gods, that would be epically awesome if Derpy got her own episode, it would make up for the whole ugly mess with The Last Roundup.

So basically this "press release" is the exact opposite of what's actually going to happen? I had a feeling, especially since there was no sign of this on EqD.

That's interesting about Derpy (err..."Ditzy" as she will probably be called).

Can you confirm that Twilight won't become an Alicorn, as well?

If EqD didn't know, there was probably a good reason. Hasbro knows how much the fanbase is attached to Derpy, and openly canning her completely would be like throwing several powder kegs in a bonfire.

I'm reserving judgment on Alicorn!Twilight until I see how that arc develops.

• Brohoof 3

But they're not going to put her back in the background, they're going to get rid of her completely. No more Derpy, ever. Not in the show, probably not even in the toy line either. This is completely unacceptable to me, I love Derpy more than any other pony.

And I seriously don't see how that's going to make a difference.

Anyway, as you said, this is "utter bullcrap"--a fraud, like the others have said. So you don't need to worry. 

• Brohoof 1

1341187896993.png

THIS. IS. UTTER. BULLSHIT.

Derpy getting her own episode? I want to believe you, largely due to wish fulfillment purposes. Gods, that would be epically awesome if Derpy got her own episode, it would make up for the whole ugly mess with The Last Roundup.

If EqD didn't know, there was probably a good reason. Hasbro knows how much the fanbase is attached to Derpy, and openly canning her completely would be like throwing several powder kegs in a bonfire.

I'm reserving judgment on Alicorn!Twilight until I see how that arc develops.

Considering two figures of Derpy have been released with amazing success I doubt this is the case. It would mean Hasbro doesn't like money and we know that isn't the case. It is likely that at least for the time being the Derpy will make less appearances on the show.

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 3

post-6061-0-45591300-1355303848.gif(please tell me its working)
No.

Whatever I seriously doubt its actually true. Like others said, its most likely someone looking for shits and giggles. I mean, if it is true, Hasbro would be shooting itself in the foot.

Although I wouldn't be to heartbroken over Derpy disappearing. 

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

....Do I even have to put up a youtube video of my reaction of this? Must I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Honestly the idea of getting rid of Derpy totally, AND the fact they are going to turn Twilight Sparkle into an Alicorn, just so they can sell more toys...its...stupid. I doubt this, but however, I am seriously am NOT going to jinx it. This could be just a hoax from trolls, so I am just gonna hold my breath till then.

• Brohoof 3

Although the statement is totally unverified, my gut says it's going to happen.  My two cents:

Derpy's fate was pretty much sealed from the get go.  I'd be sad but not surprised to see her disappear altogether in the future.  But she'll live on forever in fanon where she's had her greatest success and there's not a thing Hasbro can do about it.

If Twilight Sparkle "must" become an alicorn now, I have faith that the creative staff will handle it as well as possible.  They've done a good job with everything else that's been mandated so far.  But when the series finally does end and we wonder when MLP:FiMs "jump the shark" moment was, Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn is what everybody will say. 

Ok guys from the little I know, im the guy "The-master" spoke of, it is super likely and (to be honest)  fairly obvious about a canning/reduction of derpy, the Twilight part though is totally unconfirmed, no one I know has any idea about it. ITs not impossible but also very very unlikly

What exactly did your friend tell you before that he was right about?  If it's already happened it should be okay to talk about and Trixie coming back is way too easy to guess.

Im "that friend" unfortunatly alot of derpy info is now outdated, and what hasbro wants and what the team wants are two VERY different things, alot I cannot disclose unfortunatly but trust in the fact that those loyal to the show are doing what they can, though yep say bye bye to derpy now :/

So basically this "press release" is the exact opposite of what's actually going to happen? I had a feeling, especially since there was no sign of this on EqD.

That's interesting about Derpy (err..."Ditzy" as she will probably be called).

Can you confirm that Twilight won't become an Alicorn, as well?

Looks like the derpy part is very well true, though none of my sources have hard anything about the alicorn part so I doubt it very much

16%20-%20fluttershy%20meme%20no.jpg

I honestly doubt this. For one, what with the previous success that Lauren Faust has had with shows like The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, I think Hasbro would have more confidence in the team. I doubt they would take so much control.

Derpy being canned? I can probably live with that. I mean they can't take away our fan art so we'll always have that. ;)

But alicorn Twilight? If this does prove to be true then I'll be disappointed. My interest is already fading but it's still strong. A terrible push of bad plot like that might just be enough to shake me off the fandom...

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

I had a feeling Derpy Hooves was canned. I figured that's why they had so many fandom references in season 3, to make fans feel better about snuffing Derpy hooves.

Alicorn Twlight?

facehoof_display.png

That is really stupid. Really, really stupid. How is that a good idea? How is that going to sell more toys?

What's this going to do to the show? Is she going to get snuffed? She isn't going to be able to live in ponyville anymore, she's going to be a princess living in a castle. She will probably be too busy to hang out with her friends anymore. Better get used to saying mane 5 instead of mane 6. This is going to mess with the dynamics of the show. Twilight was a part of the gang since the very beginning, without her, it's just not going to be the same. MLP was fine before, it didn't need to be changed.

Good job Hasbro, way to destroy one of your own flagship franchises.