Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies are shameful? (Sorry for swears. They are only quotes)

Kab

So i was at school. I was taking a little beating for being bi. But you know what? I didn't really care! This is who i am! Once I was open about my 'bronieness', people freaked. They started saying stuff like "You're just a faggot!" and "You're such a loser!" but the funniest insult that i heard was "You like My Little Pony? You're gay!" i could stop laughing. I didn't understand how this was an insult because i was open about me liking the same gender. I realized that they are just spewing out insults left and right because they were afraid of me. They felt threatened about how i didn't care for their insults. The next Monday i can to school wearing a Fluttershy T-shirt. One bully came up to me and started pushing me. I told him to stop. He pushed. I pushed. He shoved. I grabbed his arm, kicked him in the groin, twisted his arm and pulled him the ground, and kicked him in the leg to get him on the ground and walked away. I didn't fight him. I only defended my self. I now that this story seems to lead to nowhere, but i just home that somepony can take some information from it and use it to better themselves in the face of their enemies. Thank you for reading. 

• Brohoof 33

Well, chances are that you won't get shoved again by that same guy, knowing that you just laid a serious pounding on him...

You did just defend yourself, though. I guess your school is just homophobic and don't know much in the way of other people's orientations.

• Brohoof 1

Lol that bully deserved it...it's good that you stood up for yourself. I don't get how watching MLP makes you gay, that's such a stupid insult.

glad to see you agree. but i think i should specify... there is nothing wrong with being gay. i hope that this is understood. good bye!

Dude, your school is just home to bunch of inconsiderate assholes, all this hate over a fucking television show is just getting to be really retarded :/

Awesome job on defending yourself BTW, I'm giving you props for that :3

• Brohoof 2

Many people use 'gay' as a generic insult although I don't approve.

I have to congratulate you on standing up for yourself and for defending yourself without going too far. :)

• Brohoof 3

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I will tell the truth and will not agree on your statement that being gay is okay. But i will give you props for defendeding yourself.

I never used force to work out a situation, sometimes, i guess, it's healthy to show someone not to pick on others... (Kapoow!)

You should be proud of yourself after all that. Even though I'm not bi (actually I might just end up becoming asexual [i don't care about either gender]) I've been being called names all my life for being a tad bit chubbier than average and not doing what the mainstream media requires, so I can kinda relate to you in that. I also envy you because if I did this at my school, they'd get their relatives, friends and all muscle-no brains friends to beat me up and possibly kill me...

Way to assert yourself like a boss! He thought he could break you down but I guess he messed with the wrong guy. 

I have to tip my hat to you and give you a brohoof 'cause that was excellent. 

But get this, you'll face people far worse than that. 

Personally, I havn't come across haters like that because I keep it to myself and only let my bronyism show when I'm around other bronies/pegasisters.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe to avoid conflicts like this in the future....keep quiet about the show? I mean, if people react negatively to you liking it don't come to school wearing fluttershy shirts. You're provoking them honestly. It's nice to stand up for what you believe in but is wearing a shirt with a pony on it really worth the trouble?

• Brohoof 3

You really showed him who's boss. He deserved it for telling you you couldn't like My Little Pony. Don't pay any attention to them at all, they are just jerks who want to make people cry and feel bad. Just keep staying strong. :)

You did a great job defending yourself, and the bully got what he deserved.  I find it amusing how watching MLP automatically makes us all gay and faggots  oh oh! I know this game!  it's "judge a person by their entertainment choices and not who they are on the inside!" all of the lols in the world won't cut it. 

Edited by angels_gal

Took one for the team did you? Nice.

It's what that bully deserves after that stuff he said. Some people are really starting to bug the hell out of me with that "bronies are gay" thing.

It's honestly pretty funny since it's getting old now. 

Hate needs to stop.

Srsly guise.

• Brohoof 2

People can be stupid, just because you watch a show about Ponies and Friendship, doesn't make you gay, that doesn't even make sense. You indefinably showed him, and with that, anyone else who was calling you names and stuff now get the picture and will surely stop with it. 

• Brohoof 1

"Bronies are gay" ... never heard that before ... *rolls eyes*

Lol. You go to a pretty bad school if people are going going to insult you like that. I've never had to deal with that, and if I did I would probably do exactly what you did. I would also suggest reporting the people that tease you to someone.

• Brohoof 2

Good on you! :) i used to get bullied around for my height by this one guy at junior high/intermediate and he started making it physical by pushing and kicking, boy was that the wrong decision... never been bullied since haha :D

Edited by Quartza00

It does worry me that this person was willing to get physical over you liking a certain TV show, I mean really? I cannot fathom that amount of stupidity.

From personal experiences, showing you can defend yourself is a great way to stop bullies so all credit to you! Sounds like you pulled some pretty good stuff, would've been good to have seen it. 

I'm sure an Iron Will quote can be made here somewhere...

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 2

Good job on defending yourself. At my school, if you are a participant in a fight, you go to jail for it. Example: I get pushed and tell the kid to stop. Get pushed again and I tell him to stop again. Kid starts punching me, I grab his arm twist it. I go to jail for that. So I never got the abillity to defend myself. Most of the time I've had to roll with the punches. Personally, I'm open about it at school. I wear shirts and even have the episodes on my desktop on the laptop I take to school. They called me gay, but I shrug it off. They left me alone after awhile. (Though I still get pushed and punched by one of the Football players.) 

• Brohoof 1

You did a great job defending yourself, and the bully got what he deserved.  I find it amusing how watching MLP automatically makes us all gay and faggots  oh oh! I know this game!  it's "judge a person by their entertainment choices and not who they are on the inside!" all of the lols in the world won't cut it. 

Your entertainment choices do define who you are on the inside, especially moreso than sexuality. Even with the phrase "choice" being iffy; maybe you chose to browse through the TV or an Internet or magazine, or check out a show, but your enjoyment of a show can be controlled by your past experiences and mood.

Yeah, it is less suitable to judge and stereotype based on moderate interest in a few pieces of media that have wide appeal, but that only goes so far. Because people do have behaviors based on what media they like and vice versa.

Edited by GuillermoGage