Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why anti-bronies should leave bronies alone

Unique Pinkie Pie

*looks at thread*....

*nods* the guys right.

some times you just need to think of anti-brony as a crust or layer

its just one part and once you get past it you'll find something good there but if all you do its pick at the crust you are going to have a mess that is your own fault  

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

12. Thank you for not tl;dring or LOL NOT READ this. However, if you do do that, I totally called that img-1077182-5-pinkiecrazy.png

Heh... heh... that wouldn't be me of course.  I definitely didn't just read the first half of the first point and then skip to the end, reading this, and then feeling like so much of an idiot that I went back and read the rest of them.  Heh... yeah... not me...

But yes, you have very legitimate points.  Haters are people too.  Disrespecting and attacking them is no way to show them that we aren't as bad as they think.  As long as no one is being physically/emotionally hurt, we should really just let them stew in their own juices.

Very nice. This war between Bronies and non-Bronies has gone on long enough. It's time for us to make peace, and leave each other the hell alone.

Why do I get the feeling that this is a (not so) subtle response to the very recently created thread: 'Why anti-bronies should leave bronies alone'?

Even so, I'm entirely on your side. Yes, the haters can get annoying, but firing hate back at them only gives them more ammunition and actually justifies some of the points they make.

And anyway, this forum is arguably the most hospitable and friendliest place on the internet. You're preaching to the converted! :lol:

You are correct! This is a response. You should feel proud of yourself for making that amazing great connection.

I'm glad that you say this forum is the happiest place on the internet. I agree a lot. 

Haters get annoying, but as you said, firing back stuff is not the way to go. Just ignore them or just end the argument there. It will work as a nice little counter to haters, and they probably won't come back if you keep on blowing them off.

• Brohoof 1

Wasps will continue to function without our involvement, and they wont bother us if we leave the alone. With that being said.... DONT GO KICK A HORNETS NEST FOR NO REASON!

theres an anti-whatever for anything people like, and we're no different. We like ponies, they hate ponies (or just hate people who like ponies). Bottom line: we just keep doing what we're doing and enjoy the ride. Haters arent coming here, so why should be concerned with them?

If they choose to devote their energy to hating us, then so be it. They're thinking of us more then we are of them, so i see it as a victory either way. We should just stick to our peaceful loving ways and accept any of the haters that choose to deflect over to our side.  Ill have warm muffins and hugs waiting for those that choose to come to this side. 

• Brohoof 2

Exactly! Everypony needs to read your post, 'cause a lot of bronies just don't get it! All sorts of flame war is everywhere in Youtube comments. It wouldn't take up so much space if bronies didn't have long replies to the trolling. And you can't blame some of the haters. They don't like a show and they're seeing it everywhere and bronies will often try forcing it upon them. Of course they'll get the wrong idea 'bout the fandom!

Just leave all the haters be and they'll leave us be..

You're completely right, and I also have a non-brony best friend.

Thought they don't like the MLP Fandom, there's no reason to force it upon them. Non-bronies are people too  :)

I'd hate it if we were viewed lowly. We're just here because we like this show, and want to discuss it further.

No need for people to lash back on the haters either, they have rights as well (though what they do with their rights is the problem in the first place).

As long as ether side doesn't take it to the extremes, then it is fine. Both sides are fair to partake in what people like and dislike and bother each other won't do either side any good. I have my own personal feelings about why we get such hatred but it is just human nature for liking something that someone else dislikes. 

Overall, we are all creatures of this spinning ball of green and blue and we have our lives and interests while we prevail forward to our goals and achievements through out our short time here. :)

You still treat them as some highly organised group. Even write anti-brony with capital letter.

4. It's just a TV show. Don't get into a huge fuss about it. 

Don't do this. "It's just a X" is just an evil argument. Everyone has different approach  and attachment to various things and this argument is doing nothing but making people feel bad.

8. They are not any point lower then us, and we should respect their opinions.

Not all opinion should be respected. At all. Often not even tolerated.

This isn't even about MLP, I don't know why people think all opinions and stances should be respected. Especially if those opinions are meant to belittle, attack or offend others and have no reasoning behind them.

Waaagh, sorry, I guess I'm just bugged by your "If they kick you, don't fight back, they'll stop it eventually, if you defend yourself, you are way worse than they are." approach.

• Brohoof 2

I can agree with this. I don't know if bronies and anti-bronies will ever be "allies." I wish it were otherwise, but that's just human nature. I guess the most we can ever hope for is a state of detente, which works, I guess. These are some pretty good steps to reduce tensions.

Basically as long as both sides don't instigate anything, everyone/everypony will be happy.

With that said though, if I am ever given trouble from a hater, don' expect me to just knuckle down. I usually take the "walk away" approach when it comes to haters, and it's gotten me through so far (then again, I haven't encountered many haters), but if that fails I will defend myself.

Edited by StratoPegasus

emotes from FIMfiction

1. We will wreck our reputation on this here internet.

2. We actually cause more trouble then anti-bronies do to us! img-1077182-1-pinkiegasp.png Amazing, right? 

3. It makes Anti-Bronies dislike us more...and more...we don't want to repeat the war with 4chan, do we? img-1077182-2-fluttershbad.png

5. Some of our friends may not like MLP [My best friend is an anti-brony], and it might ruin our friendship. However, if you attempt to keep off of the subject or tease them a bit about it, they may lay off of it and your friendship will be still going strong. img-1077182-3-yay.png

6. It may keep others leave the herd, or not join at all because of our...nature.

7. Love and tolerate is what the show is about. I don't think arguing is love and tolerating...is it? img-1077182-4-rainbowderp.png

9. Not all of them are bad. Seriously, as I said before, my best friend is an anti-brony and we're still best friends. She's really cool.

10. While some anti-bronies may fight, they are wrong. You are just being as wrong by continuing the argument.

11. If you egg them on more...they'll punch back harder.

12. Thank you for not tl;dring or LOL NOT READ this. However, if you do do that, I totally called that img-1077182-5-pinkiecrazy.png

I'll start by addressing the "love and tolerate is what the show is all about" part. It hasn't ever been what the show is about, it hasn't even been a moral. I've said it a million times before, the motto has nothing to do with this show and nor it's fanbase and shouldn't be associated with us for that reason alone. The closest thing to "love and tolerance" being used on someone in the show who was not a good person (which, it seems, is what most of those who spread the "love and tolerate" motto want everyone to do, love and tolerate not just good but bad people, which I really don't agree with) was Gilda (when Pinkie threw her a party in hopes that it would make Gilda friendly), and that failed utterly, resulting in her friend Rainbow Dash no longer being her friend. So the only time this viewpoint has been used in the show has it being shown to not work, so I just cannot comprehend how it's the brony motto. It just doesn't have anything to do with the show in any way, shape, or form and thus it makes not a lick of sense to associate it with the show and or it's fanbase.

In regards to leaving haters alone, if you mean don't lose your shit at every single person who doesn't like MLP, I agree, other than that I'm gonna need more context to understand what exactly you mean. If for example, I see someone on a forum raging about how much he hates bronies, I'll either troll the living shit out of him, or ignore him, either way I won't get mad. I like trolling people who get mad over minor-as-fuck things, see this thread for example:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/18819-met-a-brony-in-wow-d/

Edited by Mr. Jaguar

emotes from FIMfiction

1. We will wreck our reputation on this here internet.

2. We actually cause more trouble then anti-bronies do to us! img-1077182-1-pinkiegasp.png Amazing, right? 

3. It makes Anti-Bronies dislike us more...and more...we don't want to repeat the war with 4chan, do we? img-1077182-2-fluttershbad.png

5. Some of our friends may not like MLP [My best friend is an anti-brony], and it might ruin our friendship. However, if you attempt to keep off of the subject or tease them a bit about it, they may lay off of it and your friendship will be still going strong. img-1077182-3-yay.png

6. It may keep others leave the herd, or not join at all because of our...nature.

7. Love and tolerate is what the show is about. I don't think arguing is love and tolerating...is it? img-1077182-4-rainbowderp.png

9. Not all of them are bad. Seriously, as I said before, my best friend is an anti-brony and we're still best friends. She's really cool.

10. While some anti-bronies may fight, they are wrong. You are just being as wrong by continuing the argument.

11. If you egg them on more...they'll punch back harder.

Your topic, 'Why us bronies should leave anti-bronies alone' is a counter-argument response for this thread, meant to show the opposite point of view with the same exact setup, and thusly doesn't need to be it's own thread. It's been merged with this one.

I don't have any problems or quarrels with someone who dislikes the show, someone attacking the show sure I think is dumb, but I don't think that means we should really be retalianting, we should just ignore them, most of them just want attention, and acknowledging them will give them the fuel to keep their fire of hate burning. 

Its kinda like if you have a brother or sister who you annoy constantly because you find their reactions funny(Or they do the same to you one.) If they stopped caring and ignored it then would you want to continue doing it?

I doubt it.

Thats my stance on it, And I again don't have a problem with someone not liking MLP, I do have a problem with someone not accepting I can like MLP though, however as long as they don't have a problem with what I like I have no problems with what they like.

Fighting fire with fire never helps anyone though.

I can agree with this. I don't know if bronies and anti-bronies will ever be "allies." I wish it were otherwise, but that's just human nature. I guess the most we can ever hope for is a state of detente, which works, I guess. These are some pretty good steps to reduce tensions.

Of course not all bronies and non bronies are going to hold hands and sing kumbaya as there are jerks in both but that dosen't mean that there aren't some non bronies that are at least reasonable enough to recognize that MLP might not be their thing but that we are not freaks for liking it. Back when I first found out about bronies I saw this "news" report if you can even call it that attacking bronies as pasty faced basement dwelling perma virgin losers who refuse to grow up. I still didn't fully understand why so many teenagers and adults especially men were into a show about cartoon ponies but I still felt that was said was untrue and extremely mean spirited.

1. Alot of haters don't care if the attention they get is positive or negative so long as it is attention they thrive on it, in most cases it is best to deny them what they crave.

2. I understand what you are saying, yes we are another fandom but we are not as big as Star Trek is yet by a long shot though we do have the potential to be.

3. True but other haters and there are plenty of them will

4. Eeeeeyup

5. If they are true friends they will understand, a good friend of mine introduced me to this fandom and though I was initially skeptical I gave it a shot and am glad that I did.

6. Yes and this is one of the many reasons why they should be ignored in most cases because it is very easy to lose your cool and in the heat of the moment and get sucked in with them

7. If you are referring to the argument of bronies being a bunch of wimps then yes.

8. Yeah and it is insulting to gay people, so what if someone is gay anyway?

9. It dosen't quite go up to the level of that, but it is ignorance enforced by outdated attitudes and serious double standards regarding  what is "for boys" and "for girls" and very deep seated insecurities.

10. Some of it could have been phrased better but I think I understand what you are trying to say.

Anti-anything groups always boggled my mind. Why go out of your way to announce your dislike for something? why devote your time and energy into negative thoughts? why not devote your efforts into elevating what you actually enjoy instead of trying to destroy something you dont? 

theres plenty of things i dont like, and ya know what? im not a member of any anti-groups devoted to disliking those things as a collective with other people. its a waste of time and it takes time away from doing what you actually enjoy. 

• Brohoof 2

I agree that anti-whatever groups are a waste of time, but I can't complain about them here because personally, I have never been attacked for being a brony. And if I am I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. It is what it is. Nobody can stop me from enjoying ponies.

Do you know what anti bronies should do, They should pipe the FUCK down!!! They argue with us as much as we do to them. They complain about ponies and than they get mad when we tell them that ponies are awesome

Edited by morethanicecream

Do you know what anti bronies should do, They should pipe the FUCK down!!! They argue with us as much as we do to them. They complain about ponies and than they get mad when we tell them that ponies are awesome

whoa whoa whoa did i say they should get lost or something i'm just saying they should leave us alone  okay that is what i said

whoa whoa whoa did i say they should get lost or something i'm just saying they should leave us alone okay that is what i said

It was an Internet reference I made. The anti bronies are the ones who do need to pipe down. Along with some public bronies. But that is just my opinion

Everything that is loved will always be hated, it's just how humanity works.

If people love the same thing it brings them together, because they can talk about it and agree about it. Love stories even start that way.

Now the very same counts for hating things. If two people really hate ... for example the german federal chancellor, they also come together just like if they like the same thing. There is even speed-hating out there! It's like speed-dating but the topic is set to finding things you both dislike.

That's why people do it. It is no wonder that bronies fight anti-bronies and vice versa.

Tolerating a different opinion is in addition really hard when people don't watch what they say. If they say they don't like MLP because it's "just a show for little girls" or "it's too rainbow-ish" than they indirectly insult you by saying you are a little girl or at least like things like that. Thinking about that it's actually not a real offense but our brain doesn't realize that. It only sees the bias and hate and goes all defensive.

My two cents.

(I took germany as example because I am from there)

Anti-groups just seem like a cheap attempt at schadenfreude, to me. They get their pleasure from seeing others miserable, and trying to take away from others what they hold dear...that's no way to go through life.

People should seek to raise themselves up instead of seeking to break others down.

we could say the same for our more outspoken bronies too. how about not starting shit or walking around trying to force the sub-culture on people? anti-groups exist because people dont know how to be quiet about things they love, and have to tell everyone everything about every aspect of it, well beyond the point of where they dont want to listen anymore. The hate comes from being exposed to something to the point of disgust. 

i have my own lil pony related mantra: dont discuss unless asked. if someone comments on pony related things i do, then i kindly respond with as little info as possible, unless they start asking questions in a non-negative manner. This culture is like a religion, but dont try to shove it down peoples throats, or anti-groups will get a foot hold and they WILL start shit. Think about it: if nobody was outspoken about ponies, then no one would have a problem. If they had an interest, they would find the culture and get informed. We dont need a street team out there spreading the good word of Twilight and her friends. 

Foamy The Squirrel said it best: You can do what you want, but dont force others to like it. 

Yeah, we are worse to them then they are to us, no matter what you do you can't stop them, why should we care if they dislike us.  We basically make them go berserk.