Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The "New" Mane 6?

Bowser

Well I've been thinking a lot lately.

I think I probably have come to the conclusion that there will be a new mane six I predict this.

I think it would be the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Reason is the Apple Family Reunion scene where Applebloom and Babs Seed discuss two new members to the CMC. 

Basic math tells you 2+4=6 and maybe... just maybe the 6 of the members could fill the elements of harmony. It depends on what the two new recruits would turn out to be. Probably when they grow up and whatever.
However, I could be wrong here and the CMC could just be a group that's split up into threes.

My prediction is that they would do something that gave all of their cutie marks to them that could destine them to be together. Kinda like how the Mane 6 got their cutie marks except they would actually know each other.

What is your opinion on this matter and is this truly possible?

I don't think they'll be the new Mane 6, considering the current ones are doing just fine and don't seem like they'll run out of harmony or anything else that could get in the way for quite some time, but the Cutie Mark Crusaders could easily make their own spinoff show. In whichever episode it was, we saw Applejack going on a journey when trying to find her Cutie Mark. She ended up only visiting one place and coming straight back, but if the 6 crusaders meet up and start travelling all around Equestria looking for their special something there would be an excuse to finally show all those locations that have only been mentioned so far, and an opportunity to deeply develop the personalities and backgrounds of some of the most popular non-main ponies (including some of the fan-developed ones like Lyra) without taking time away from the main series.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know, that does seem like a pretty legit idea though. Who knows, maybe it can happen on a new generation of My Little Pony

All-in-all, this does sound like a pretty neat idea and I would like to see this happening sometime in the future :3

• Brohoof 2

I doubt it, I think it may show up as one of those alter reality type things for the CMC, but they won't become the new Mane 6, if they did well.. G4 would basically be over. They don't just change the main characters of a show like that without changing generation.

I would be quiet upset to be honest if this happened, besides the CMC are to young and I don't think there can be two of each of the spirits of the elements of harmony alive at the same time,It doesn't make sense really.

Now a spinoff of a CMC episode with Bab's in manehatten with her CMC friends.. I'd like that episode :).

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think the CMC will become the new mane 6 or that they will make a spin off. Problem one is the other 3 are in a different town. How are they going to come together? Also they are going to have to develop the other 2 pretty fast. 

If the show does turn into looking at the CMC more I am just going to leave the fan-dom. I like them, but not enough to watch them all the time.

I didn't think that a spinoff would happen right away, after Season 4 at the earliest. Possibly even Season 5 if they start doing 13 episodes every season; you would need more than a couple episodes to even gauge the response to those other two enough to make a decision, and then possibly an entire episode of heavy foreshadowing (if not a flat-out announcement/prologue); though they might be able to combine that with something else in the finale of whichever season.

Also, if none of you noticed, I TOTALLY pulled that out of my ass. I don't see many better choices if a spin-off did get made, but I can't think of a really compelling reason why ANY spin-off needs to get made, or really why Hasbro would find it necessary to make one (I doubt it would make more money to have two shows with 13 episodes each year rather than one with 26). I just think a spin-off is more likely than suddenly changing all of the main characters 3 seasons into a show.

The only way I could see a new mane six is for a spin-off series, or a sequel to freindship is magic.

You know say the show is over, but a couple of years latter the new series comes out, but it turns out to be a sequel to the series we know and love. They could have a new mane six and in some episodes we get to see the older mane group somewhere or references to the past show.

You know what I could see this happening. And if it's good I would even watch this sequel.

If you want spin off Mane 6, I have you a spin off Mane 6.

bg_ponies_are_magic_by_shinodage-d5o5ih5

Problem solved. As for the likely hood of a CMC spin off, I would give the chances of that happening a 1:99.

• Brohoof 7

I don't think it should be a spinoff, but I think it would be an awesome fanfic idea to have a sort of "Friendship is Magic: The Next Generation" where something has happened to the Mane 6 and the CMC have to step up as the core of the new Elements.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, that sounds badass. Like several seasons down the road, or if the show ever gets cancelled and they decide to bring it back, they could make it about the CMC being the new Mane Six. Honestly that sounds pretty rad to me.

img-1087224-1-bg_ponies_are_magic_by_shi

Problem solved. As for the likely hood of a CMC spin off, I would give the chances of that happening a 1:99.

That should be a whole new series on it's own, running parallel to the current one. That'd be rad as well. Also, why is Doctor Whooves the only one looking forward? The others are going to trip and get hurt  :(

Edited by ComradeUncleJoe
  • Brohoof 1

I think a new Mane 6 wouldn't be bad at all but the way I see it, the Mane 6 we have now isn't slowing down at all.

I see the future Mane 6 suggestions as:

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Babs's Manehatten branch of CMC.

or at least

Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Bon Bon, Lyra Heartstrings, Doctor Whooves, and Princess Cadance. :P

Eh. The only way I would see this possible is if the other two ponies are a unicorn and a pegasus, as the Mane 6 have two unicorns, two pegasi, and two earth ponies.

Can't see it ever happening though.

Can't see it happening, but eh I've been wrong before, This probably would have to take place in an entirely new generation after this one, as it's changing the show around quite a bit.  There's also the theory that by harboring the elements of harmony the mane 6 have been granted just as much life as Celestia and would be around for a while.  It's highly unlikely.

Hmmm...that idea about the fillies becoming the new Mane 6 isn't bad. I'm not sure which ponies would get which Elements, and it's not the kind of thing that would work in FIM--maybe in Generation 5 down the line. ^^

But I like the idea of an alternate Mane 6 who have to team up and save the Mane 6 from a tough situation. That totally SHOULD happen on the show. As long as Lyra's on it I'll be happy. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Ponyville Babies!

Babies make any franchise spinoff 20% more marketable. Just look at the Muppets.

When the parents are away the Mane Six leave their cribs, wacky music plays.

OH Boy! Shenanigans are afoot!

Edited by Jammo

The only thing I see happening with this is possibly the next generation of MLP. Then again, who knows who will produce that?

Replace Doctor Whooves with Carrot Top and I'm sold.

Um... No?

The mane six we have now is perfect. We don't need another one.

Maybe in a couple of years if they bring a new generation. But even then, in previous gens they've used a lot of the same ponies, just changed the design. So I doubt it would happen like you described.

Replace Doctor Whooves with Carrot Top and I'm sold.

No.

Don't you dare touch him. I'm not saying Carrot Top would be excluded, just not a member of the six. She just seems a little...   bland.

I...

No. I just can't see it happening, really. Sorry to kill the joy, but I'm just not feeling it.

I just thought that remark was made in passing, not something to note. If anything, it was just hinting towards their little group in Manehatten becoming more like the Ponyville one.

I think it'd be pretty difficult to have the sub-Mane 6 split into two different towns, as well. Unless it's like... Skype is Magic, or something. Teaching kids about the joys of internet friendship and webcams.

• Brohoof 1