Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have Any Pony Music Made You Tear?

ShyForever

We all have heard fan music on the My Little Pony series. The question is: have any made you at least tear up a bit? It can be a song, or music video.

These two made me tear up a bit; I cannot explain the feelings I had while watching, which resulted in single manly tears.

A Long Way From Equestria makes me full out cry when I hear it, because the words ring so true. In fact, I'm looking at a newly-bought Kansas Acoustic Guitar while I type this, that I wouldn't have if it weren't for Mando (and inspiring someone into music who hasn't shown any other interest in it for the 19 years of my life other than listening to it is saying something!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH8Ri2VULHo

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

All of those make me just about tear up.

Heck, I could end up making daddy discord tear me up if I thought about it hard enough. Even though I have no idea how people got the idea that Screwball is Discord's child or anything...

Edited by jreidsma

Few songs ever just bring a tear to my eye without some form of contest (like the end of Gladiator),but some pony songs have, namely the ones that remind me of my shattered dreams.

go team!

Honestly I can't say i remember anytime a pony song ever made me cry at all, or even shed a tear. I didn't even shed a tear for My little dashie.

Theres some pretty beautiful songs though, none of them have made me cry so far though, or shed a tear at all.

I almost feel bad saying that, I feel kinda heartless for it almost.

Oh well. Anyways none for me.

When this played at the end of the John de Lancie documentary, I teared up quite a bit more than I would care to admit.  It was just too perfect and extremely relatable.

Then there's also 'Knights of Time and Space', which made me tear up because I found (and still find) its awesomeness so overwhelming.

Never once tore up at any pony music. I must be heartless :3

Long Way From Equestria did a good job filling me with feels, though. That one's probably my favourite pony music. It's both morose and really uplifting, the lyrics are the best written of any song I've heard in fact, and you know what, it makes me happy as a person. Brims with cliché, I know, but it's how I feel.

Songs like those that make you step back, take a look at how much makes up the Brony fandom, and think "Wow".

• Brohoof 1

lel

To me, the sound of this song is depressing, it has no lyrics, and it's a remix. I love it. Also, it makes me cry. :<

I mean, this song just really depresses me and I have no idea why it does that. Maybe because the melody? I can relate to it? I have no idea, but it makes me sad, and sometimes cry. DAMMIT. MEN DON'T CRY.

MEN WEEP.

Best. brony. song. ever. I heard a lot of sad songs but this one is definitely the most beatiful one and one of the few who made me cry. My eyes get watery around 2:49

Oh God... no... not this again...

eyes

wat r u doin

eyes

STAHP.

This didn't exactly make me cry, but it gave me feels. Dem feels bro... THEY BURN.

No. No music ever made me cry. (Well even if it did, I can't remember it! :D)

But a long way from equestria succeeded to give lots of feels and also this:

-Dreaming with Ponies-

AAAH! NO! NO! ANYTHING BUT DREAMING WITH PONIES!

The fanfic didn't make me cry or tear up, but the music did. The story did give me some feels though.

Anyway, I've got one, this one made me tear up but not anymore. I see it a song of hope now.

I don't know why I had to tear up because of this, perhaps it made me thinkof something in the past.

Also, this one is a parody of Winter Wrap Up and it's pretty harsh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qEU16vX03LI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6SR0TYlWw

Why am I relating so much to Zecora/Mandopony? Seriously, the allusions between the two of them are kind of obvious, and I believe he had a big problem with people bullying him about it. Either way, I love this song, and it gave me happy tears. 

Aviator's music always makes me feel somewhat emotional, and I believe someone already mentioned Friendship, but as well as that, Monster (which, I based all of my Celestia/Discord headcanons off of) , Fear of Flight, One Hearth's Warming Eve and If You Only Knew may have got me a bit. 

I can't believe I nearly forgot Great to be Different. That's the only song from the fandom so far that's actually made me cry a bit. Happy tears, but I still cried. For the full effect, I'd recommend hearing Forest Rain's story behind the song at the beginning of the video first. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9RN_3HbWo

Even sweeter is that according to the top Brony songs of 2012 livestream that Everfree Radio did, he found and  started dating the girl who gave him the "letter from Derpy" after he released the song. 

Edited by Rarietty

"Proud to be a Brony" almost made me tear up, some MLD fan music got me close, but never to tears. Lastly, "Long Way From Equestria" got me very close as well, but never once did I shed a tear.

So no, pony music never made me tear up, although they have gotten me close.

Listened to all these songs and the only one that managed to make me feel sad somewhat was "Long Way From Equestria" or w/e it's called.It takes a lot to make me cry,especially with music.The only song that made me on the verge of tears was "Hurt" by Johnny Cage.Saddest song in existence,I tell ya.

Anyhow,getting back on topic..."Long Way From Equestria" is the only brony song that made me somewhat sad thus far.Everything else was "meh".