EveryPONY or EveryBODY?

Piodx

What sounds better for you?   

120 users have voted

1. 1. Everypony or Everybody?

• Everypony
    • Everybody
    • I am neutral about this

After watching the show for a bit i started to read and say it, but it got worse....when i started to read my mind would purposely replace everybody as everypony, it bugged me for the longest time until i just went with it. 

It does get embarrassing at times when your reading out loud, just the other day when rounding up a few people i said "Everybody stay together" 

and of course with my luck i ended up saying everypony.

Anyway... My answer to your poll is going to have to be everypony, cause frankly thats just what my mind see's

People aren't ponies, so it'd be rather dumb to call other people "everypony." Damn, it hurts my fingers just to type that word. Ugh.

Edited by ~Vallo~

For me, I find both terms interchangeable. I used to find it annoying whenever people pointed out that characters in the show said everyBody, or someBody instead of everyPony, or somePony. However, I think that that phase for many people has died down, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

I will say though, that in real life, I would use everybody because that is the grammatically correct term. However, if I were to meet a Brony IRL, then I would gladly use the term everyPony XD.

Why was my post deleted and then it comes up with this?? pleas can i have a reason or feed back? And BTW i would perfer if they used the term every body.

Edited by ollie6125

It's usually only referenced when talking to other Bronies (as in this case between us :)).

As a general rule of thumb:

EveryBODY is used in everyday life.

EveryPONY is used within the fandom or when talking to another Brony.

EveryONE is used in both the TV show and in real life, and thus can be used interchangeably. (Probably the way to go if you know a group of people is composed of part Bronies and part non-Bronies.)

That pretty much explains the general decorum of it lol. 

It doesn't really bother me when people say it but I end up saying it very seldom simply because in most situations I have no need to say it. But it does slip in a few times depending on who I'm talking to.

I use everypony as much as I possibly can, but only on mlp forums. Anywhere else on the internet would just be silly. While using everypony in real life would just be horrifying.

Edited by Cowl

I don't really care, It's fun saying it in Pony forums or RPs, but for me, I just go with "Everybody", annoys me when people go "Everypony" in a serious Discussion or in online games like TF2

I strongly lean towards "everyone" or "everybody" rather than "everypony". This has a few reasons.

1) It's kind of awkward when used out of context.

2) I prevent that it slips from my thounge when I don't want to

3) English is not my native language; that would be dutch. And the dutch translation doesn't make sense in any way (I mean, "someone" becomes "iemand". How to substitute pony in that word?)

So, I just remain using Terran English ;)

Edited by MandelSoft

• 5 years later...

I think it's no big deal if they say it every now and then but if they say it constantly non stop then it's going to be awkward especially if there are people who wouldn't get what they were referring to 

I've never used "Everypony" in public mostly because I am not currently "outed" as a brony yet. I use it within the fandom every time without fail, though, just as it is a comfortable instinct. It's slipped out in my private non-pony related writing a few times, though. :P

I wouldn't get offended if somepony else who is more comfortable with their brony identity always used "everypony," in their public lives, though, and I personally don't see why anyone should hate on their choice of words. 

Definitely everybody. 

While its fine to use the term everypony within the community and amongst close friends, a lot of people including those that aren't haters are not familiar with the show. You'll just end up confusing, or annoying people, like the Rick and Morty fans that randomly shout "wubba lubba dub dub!!!!!!!" in public.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

Definitely everybody. 

While its fine to use the term everypony within the community and amongst close friends, a lot of people including those that aren't haters are not familiar with the show. You'll just end up confusing, or annoying people, like the Rick and Morty fans that randomly shout "wubba lubba dub dub!!!!!!!" in public.

I don't think you understand what theyre saying... 

Capture.thumb.PNG.c967b723d359433cf926ac5e1df399a3.PNG

this is an actual screenshot of google. Not edited in any shape or form. (I'm actually surprised that is shown as the auto-correction)

Edited by Im_not_crazy_im_just
  • Brohoof 1

'Everypony' and related words are the one thing I absolutely cannot stand about MLP. Especially now that Twilight has a multi-species school 'everyone' or 'everybody' should be the norm, not that horrifying 'everycreature' they're now going with. The only reason 'everypony' even slightly works is because it doesn't sound that different from 'everybody', so what they're doing now is completely insane. Besides, G1 didn't use 'everypony' either, so why should G4? I personally only use 'everypony' in fanfics because I have to.

• Brohoof 1

I like to say Everypony, because I like to imagine that's what all us forum users are, ponies sitting behind computer screens clopping away at our keyboards with our hooves while happily posting new threads :fluttershy:

I also like Everypony because it's what they use, or I guess, used to use in MLP before the whole friendship school thing...........

• 2 years later...