Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you find other bronies at your school? What are the odds I'd find any?

Dashmagic

I have 3 brony friends at school,all of them are at least 3 years older than me. I found out they were bronys when I saw them on brohoof, and we just hit it off from there. I would say your chances are High,There has gotta be at least 1 other brony at your school, Check the library at your school, thats were I found My friends :D

i have one guy and one girl who watches MLP and call them selves Bronies heck they wear the shirts to school and don't care what others think and the one girl has been a cos player for a long time and she has been working on make scarfs of the characters she has the Mane 6, Cutie mark crusaders, DR.hooves, luna, celesia, cadence, Derpy, bonbon (in progress), discord and she will even create ones for OC's

I've got three friends at school whom I've discovered are bronies. Quite a pleasant surprise, though I'm not sure if any more guys in my grade or higher are part of the fandom.

A subtle way you could discover if people like the show is by making references to the show (something like, "This class needs to be 20% cooler). If you're feeling daring, then you can name one of the ponies if something comes up that reminds you of them (this was actually the way I found out one of my friends was a brony).

All of these awesome replies are actually super inspiring! I converted my one friend, the one I know would be open about anything. He's still on season 1, but enjoying every episode!

I really hope that I can find someone. I've tried some of the subtle references but to no avail, though I'll keep it up! Sometimes I have to put my computer on the projector and my background says "20% Cooler" with the 'cooler' in rainbow colors, so I bet that might get a reaction out of someone someday. 

I am in the geek/nerd kind of group, though not as much as I'd like to be. I used to be somewhat popular, but when I gave up on that I ended up with few friends and without a real group, but I'm getting closer to the people that I like.

All of your stories are so inspiring, I'm definitely going to keep it up in hopes of finding someone else!

Normal people? You just broke my heart man.

And about your question, according to my sister she knows one girl in her grade (12th, I'm in 8th) who "watches MLP on a daily basis" and other than that, I'm surrounded by closed minded stoners every day that would make my life miserable if they knew I was a brony. Good thing I loudly talked about ponies to some people in my science class in attempt to convert some others. *facehoove* i don't have any shirts or merchandise, but once I move to another school (I really don't like the people in my school, but it's 2013 so I doubt any other schools have better kids)  I think I'll try something like ocularproof, and hopefully not get shot.

Non-bronies* Sorry about that, haha. I know what you mean, I used to have friends like that, but I ditched them and now I'm kind of hanging in between crowds. Honestly, it's better even this way. I'm making my way into the nerd group though. 

I'm in college so there is a lot of people. In my class, I found out my friend was a brony when I mentioned she should have a large pink afro and she instantly said, "yeah, like pinkie pie!". I also found out about a few other bronies in my program when I did a drawing of the woodshop technician as a pony and he posted it in the woodshop. A few students then asked who drew it and he directed them to me. This is then how I found out about a group of film students who watched the show who were doing a documentary about bronies.

Being at college, we're all adults so there isn't that awkward social fear. I frequently see people wearing pony shirts or have pony wallpapers on their laptops. I once saw a guy who had a Derpy laptop bag in the food court.

• Brohoof 1

I envy you, my friend. I've not yet seen or heard any sort of reference at all! I even have some computer oriented courses, and I'm the only one with any kind of reference (20% Cooler) as my background. I can't wait until I get to college/university... 2 1/2 more years...

Thanks for the response :)

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.vTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.vTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

Edited by PonyLover123
  • Brohoof 2

I've just been wondering. I know that the brony population is huge, but I don't know how huge. I hear stories about how someone "came out" as a brony and all of a sudden others did too, but I feel that's not really likely.

Anyways, I'm 16, which apparently accounts for almost the highest percentage of bronies. I just want to know the odds of there actually being some others at my school. My high school has around 1000 people, so I figure there might be.

So have any of you just found or figured out that someone else is a brony? Whether you know them or they're just an acquaintance, doesn't matter.

And if so, how did you do it? I feel like maybe just gauging someone's reaction to an obscure reference might be the way to go, such as "Yeah, that one's pretty sweet. Probably 20% cooler than that one."

Just looking for some advice or some stories, thanks!

Well, I've found five in junior high, one possible one, then there is me and I've seen someone with a brony shirt on so if you look out you should find 'em :D Good luck!

Absolutely no one in my school is a brony, pretty much Im the only one who like ponies and a lot of people know it to be true (i do show off my bronydom :P). Also, none of my friends will watch the show. It's quite saddening, really, but there isn't any negativity towards the show so its fine.

Although, there is quite the number of adventure time lovers here XD

I would say see if they use websites like reddit, memebase, or any other meme website. If they do,that means they are familar with internet culture, and may be a brony, or at least know what it is. But beware, there could be anti bronies at your school.

I myself am looking for bronies at school, but I have had little luck. My schools small, And I dont think they are the brony type.

Well, I only know of two bronies in my school that have watched the full show. My cousin watches it but she's not a full fledge brony, Twilight used to be her google chrome theme. 8D| Actually, we have iPad's at our school and one of the guys just kept WATCHING My Litle Pony and I was like.. It looks cute. :3 I'll watch it. Lol. And then I just ended up to be a pegasister. Same thing happened with my best friend. 8I

Alot of my classmates hate it though, and they sing songs like "My little pony, so skinny and bony." And I'm just like "Hoe, what you say?!" x.x I used to have toys of one of the previous generations when I was a kid though. I don't knoww where the toys are anymore and I dont even know what generation it was. Maybe I was a brony before knowing it. -tear- ;.; I shall now find those toys one day. XD When I'm bothered.

• Brohoof 1

A couple. I've only actually had the "OMG I FOUND A BRONY!!! 8D" moment once, and it was over Skype xD

My good friend, who I had been friends with for years, made some comment about Rainbow Dash in skype chat this past fall, a couple months past when I became a brony. We became even better fwends :3

The ironic part, though, is that he had been a closet brony since November 2011 xD

Well, I only know of two bronies in my school that have watched the full show. My cousin watches it but she's not a full fledge brony, Twilight used to be her google chrome theme. 8D| Actually, we have iPad's at our school and one of the guys just kept WATCHING My Litle Pony and I was like.. It looks cute. :3 I'll watch it. Lol. And then I just ended up to be a pegasister. Same thing happened with my best friend. 8I

Alot of my classmates hate it though, and they sing songs like "My little pony, so skinny and bony." And I'm just like "Hoe, what you say?!" x.x I used to have toys of one of the previous generations when I was a kid though. I don't knoww where the toys are anymore and I dont even know what generation it was. Maybe I was a brony before knowing it. -tear- ;.; I shall now find those toys one day. XD When I'm bothered.

This is going to sound really bad, but I am a female, if you don't know, and I have actually conformed six males into liking it, just because they had a "romantic" or "friendly" interest in me.

I love ponies and flaunt it, and they would ask me and I would say it's the best and they would watch it so yes. I know six bronies, and we're all good friends.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, I know none... *snifs* at least not where I'm from anywayz. My friends are okay with it and all but they're not bronies so that makes it sometimes odd when I make an MLP joke or something. Would be awesome to have a brony or pegasister as a friend, IRL and not from the forum as you all might guess :D
But, keeping hopes high and all so who knows who I might find!

I know of at least 15 others.  I just wear T-shirts and boom introduced to local bronies.  My school has around 1500 people so I'd say the chances are rather high.

Lucky for me I've met quite a few bronies and pegasisters. I've also told a few non-bronies that I like watching MLP. They seem to be cool with it.

Did I mention that I'm not a very social and outgoing person? 

Edited by Neighvana666

Only a few people are. I know at least 4 people were bronies before me, and I managed to convert a good 4 as well, but then there's the people I know who are all convinced I'm insane or "don't matter" (actual quote) because I like this show. These same people love Veggie Tales for the record. I kid you not.

I come from a prep-school with roughly 400 students. Out of that I know 2 who are bronies. One (who I'm kinda intimidated to talk to because he's a senior) is quite ovbviously a brony cause he wears MLP stuff time to time. The other is silent about it and just asked me if I was a brony because of my laptop wallpaper. But coming from a prep-school that's a pretty good number :D

okay so I finally saw another brony for the first time ever at my university, and he had a princess luna shirt on. unfortunately he kind of looked like a fat hobo, but whatever, i aint gonna hate on him lol. he had a pretty cool luna shirt xP

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Unfortunately, i'm home schooled *11th Grade* so it'll be extremely hard to find a fellow brony. 

Go ahead and make front of me, but i don't have any friends. Sure, maybe 1. But he doesn't talk to me anymore.

I wore my Derpy jacket to the mall to see if anyone would say something, but instead people gave me werid looks and ugly smirks. Life is hard. :/

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 1