• Raise This Barn
    • Morning in Ponyville
    • What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me
    • I've Got to Find a Way
    • A True, True Friend
    • Celestia's Ballad
    • Behold, Princess Twilight Sparkle
    • Life in Equestria

As the topic title say, which song from season 3 was your favorite and why? I had a tough time choosing between Babs Seed and A True, True Friend but ultimately decided on the latter simply because of the emotional weight the song carried with it.

Edited by GrifCannon
  • Brohoof 6

hmmm ...it's hard to choose

defintelly gonna pick "Ballad of the Crystal Empire" and "A true, true friend", but "I've got to find a way" and "Celestia's Ballad" are beautiful too! hmmm

42px-Userbox_Brony_Rainbow_Dash.pngRainbow Dash: "what to do, what to dooooo....?"

..."I've got to find a way" is kind of corny. Even though "Celestia's ballad" is gorgeous and soothing. it's not as fun and joyful as "Ballad of the Crystal Empire". so I gotta pick that one.

but these are my 4 favorites from season 3

"oh we have to make this right, oh we have to make them see, we can save the Crystal Ponies with their history!" *sigh* never gets old :)

I'm not too crazy about Behold, Princess Twilight (though I had mixed feelings on alicorn Twilight and am coming to rather like it, the song seems to lord he new status over me, particularly with the word "cometh." it sounds nice though), and I've Got to Find a Way doesn't particularly strike me, but I find everything else to be simply fantastic. That said... I have a hard time deciding between Babs Seed and Raise This Barn. And hell, A True, True Friend gives them just about as much a run for their money as they do it (same goes for What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me).

Bah. Too many good songs... I wish I could choose two. Hrm. >_>

I'll go with Racist Barn. Applejack's singing voice is too good.

Edited by Mu Nova

Either Babs Seed, or Raise This Barn. Wow, those were in my head for days and days and days!!

Also 'cause the CMC were just so adorkable while they were singing it. And Applejack hadn't had (much of a) song before that. >U<

Runner-up is most definitely: What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me. WOW. That song was/is amazing... especially Applejack's bit. And Rainbow's. X3

Gotta be "A True, True Friend"

Why?

Well, EVERYONE SINGS! :3 We get at least tiny parts of the Mane 6 singing which is always a + for me. :D

I liked all those kinds of songs like Winter Wrap Up, At The Gala, etc. Always been my favorite.

Racist Raise This Barn.  The plethora of songs from the season finale was a lot to take in, and I've still only seen the episode once.  After I've had a couple more weeks to give all of them another listen (or ten) I might change my mind.

A True True Friend and Celestia's Ballad are ferociously scrapping at the top of the pile in my book.  Despite the overbearing amount of music in the finale, these two songs really, really stood out - not just for the season, but for the entire show.

Thats a hard one to pick from. The last episode had a lot of good songs. I've got to find away, is the first real MLP song thats kinda of depressing. The next one I liked was, A True True Friend. Which was really good and was very upbeat.

I like both, but in the end I think I liked, A True True Friend.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Babs Seed is still my favorite. And it's my second favorite song from MLP in general. I would have picked What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me, but it's not as good.

• Brohoof 2

Celestia's Ballad for the win! Not sure though. It's too short for a great song. Bab Seeds and The Ballad of The Crystal Empire are nice as well. That True Friend song is awesome too, "To see the light~" and "I've got to find a way" is great, but we're talking about Celestia here man! Celestia! Her voice is so...awwww yeeeeaaa~

Also, Celestia's Ballad really suits my current condition and because of that, it gives me a magnificent morale booster. I'm in the bridge of my destiny now. I have to fight for it. I will meet a big change anytime soon, and I have to prepare myself for that by doing my best. This song really suits me. Thank you very much Hasbro!

My biggest happiness will be a duet of Celestia and Luna~ :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden

Until this week, "Bad Seed" was my favorite song of Season 3, but after this wild season finale, I gotta say that my new favorite song of the season (and possibly new favorite song of the show period) is "A True, True Friend".  That song was simply beautiful, heartwarming, catchy, and basically everything I love about MLP in three and a half minutes.  Heck, there were at least 3 songs in that season finale that I could see bronies putting in their top 3 for the season, they were all just that great!  But for me, "Bad Seed" is still second for the season, followed by "Raise This Barn" (c'mon, it's an AJ solo, how can it NOT be in my top 3?!?!  ^_^ ).

Top 3 Season 3 songs

(1) "A True, True Friend"

(2) "Bad Seed"

(3) "Raise This Barn"

I was in between three choices: Raise this Barn; Babs Seed and True,True Friend.

... Between these, the True True Friend is the one that was stuck in my head the most with Raise this Barn close second. Both are such great songs that one would like to sing them all the time.

Edited by Koori

Is there an option for all of them? :3

I really liked all the songs from the finale. They were so fun to hear, and made the episode even more touching. I chose the Ballad of the Crystal Empire because I like how this song sounds, and that all the mane six sing in it. I guess Celestia's Ballad comes in a close second. But I like Babs seed too, but honestly I love all of them! Season 3 had its awesome share of songs, and I hope season 4 is just as good, or better!

I think I'll have to go with both "True, True Friend" and "What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me". Both of them are really catchy and were just good songs. 

I do prefer the songs where more than one character is singing anyway and other than "Winter Wrap Up" those two songs are the only ones that have really been stuck in my head.

There were so many songs just thrown at you in the last episode that it was hard for any of them to stand out. In light of that, it has to go with the one I've easily hummed the most:

"Racist barn, racist barn, 1 2 3 4..."

I really liked the Morning in Ponyville song. I felt like it was written well, and it has a catchy beat. I think my favorite is What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me

Top 3 for me:

- "I've Got to Find a Way"

- "Babs Seed"

- "What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me

Babs Seed was on the top list BEFORE the season finale premiered, which has AMAZING music imo, so two songs pretty much made it to the top three. They were all catchy and gave me so much feels.