Animation Errors Discussion

Sageflare

So ever notice any messups in the show post them here.

One messup I can tell is in the episode "The Stare Master" when the CMC's are in bed before they wander into the Everfree Forest Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's voices are switched.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5ZjGdjz1k

This is REALLY impressive. Not to mention the fact that it's over an hour worth of things the average person does not immediately pay attention to.

Funny, when you're watching the show you don't catch any of those mistakes because you're all sucked into it. I was really surprised about the Fluttershy with a blue feather... How did I not see that? XD

Reminds me of when I was in algebra during my sophomore year in high school. My math teacher showed a clip of people throwing basket balls and asked if we had noticed anything strange. I hadn't seen a thing. But then, he showed the class a slow-mo version and you know what I saw? A man walking by in the background...in an ape suit.

Edited by Akaraah
  • Brohoof 4

I don't like bloopers. They show all of the flaws of the show and I like to be oblivious to it. Ignorance IS bliss...

Well, Lyra. I think it is sort of like when you read over your text that you type: you only notice your mistakes when you look for them. :P So I think you're safe.

That cyclops pony from The Best Night Ever was pretty creepy

edit: that fellow

: Posted Image

Must have been punched pretty hard... :0

His face is all twisted to the right. Makes me wonder what we'll see if he turns his head the direction the other ponies are facing.

Edited by Akaraah
  • Brohoof 1

I watched that long video with all the bloopers from season 1 ages ago. It was pretty good really. But I actually don't find myself noticing them all as I watch the show. Most of them are single-frame events that you don't even see if you're just watching normally. Which means somepony had to go through and pretty much watch the entire season frame-by-frame to find all those. :huh:

The ones I do notice the most though, are various Pegasus ponies without their wings. Mostly Scootaloo, but there's also one.. hmm, don't have it on this computer, I'll have to upload it from home later... but there's one of a filly in Cloudsdale standing on a cloud, but she has no wings. Looks like a normal earth pony just standing there.

Edited by Tyroq
  • Brohoof 1

I watched that long video with all the bloopers from season 1 ages ago. It was pretty good really. But I actually don't find myself noticing them all as I watch the show. Most of them are single-frame events that you don't even see if you're just watching normally. Which means somepony had to go through and pretty much watch the entire season frame-by-frame to find all those. :huh:

The ones I do notice the most though, are various Pegasus ponies without their wings. Mostly Scootaloo, but there's also one.. hmm, don't have it on this computer, I'll have to upload it from home later... but there's one of a filly in Cloudsdale standing on a cloud, but she has no wings. Looks like a normal earth pony just standing there.

This. Basically. :)

I'm pretty sure there's an animation error in "Dragonshy" with Basil's back spines.

Umm... who is Basil? Or, is that a fan name for the big dragon in the cave?

Funny, when you're watching the show you don't catch any of those mistakes because you're all sucked into it. I was really surprised about the Fluttershy with a blue feather... How did I not see that? XD

I know, right? :P I couldn't believe some of the errors I didn't catch!

Remember when Twilight brought her dress to Rarity to have it mended in time for the Gala?

You know, the one Rarity referred to as an 'old..thing'. This one:

Posted Image

It must seem that Rarity hates her own work then, since she made Twilight try it on back in episode 1:

Posted Image

Oh, and if you ever get stuck in Rarity's room, good luck getting out through the door.

Posted Image

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 1

One that always got me was in Rarity's Art of the Dress song where towards the end, Twilight's mouth is moving when Rarity is saying:

"Got to overcome intimidation. Remember it's all in the presentation!"

Is Twilight actually saying the former, or is it an animation error? :blink:

Remember when Twilight brought her dress to Rarity to have it mended in time for the Gala?

You know, the one Rarity referred to as an 'old..thing'. This one:

Posted Image

It must seem that Rarity hates her own work then, since she made Twilight try it on back in episode 1:

Posted Image

Oh, and if you ever get stuck in Rarity's room, good luck getting out through the door.

Posted Image

Ha, never noticed that one before

Couldn't care less for bloopers... We're all human and makes mistakes.

-Though some of them is rather amusing :P

Like the little shout-outs they do for bronies, I seen animation errors as little easter eggs for us to find even though its just that somepony at the studio just didn't have his cup of coffee that day :)

Edited by Kodiak

Can anyone get me a list of the flash animation errors in the series. I dunno where to look to get it. Yes, I fail. :(

I wanna be able to point them out as I rewatch the series with my ex. (Who I think I can successfully say I turned into a fan)