Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dr. Love

So I was just taking a lovely stroll through the internet browsing some CMC art when suddenly an idea popped into my head. 

What if a spin-off of MLP FIM came along and it was based off the lives of the Cutie Mark Crusaders in their teenage years? 

I would love to see a show like that, I'm not exactly sure how the story would be like, so that's where i leave it to you, how would you see the story going? (Remember, this is completely a "what if" scenario, also I can't think of any good stories at the moment)

• Brohoof 7

That would be cool, but I have a strong feeling that that Equestria Girls is going to be the only spin-off this show ever gets. 

My idea of a spin-off was about a different group of pony friends (not background ponies). This would be different from FiM because these ponies wouldn't be the elements of harmony.

Anyways, that reminds me of All Grown Up, except that I think I would actually like it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I've always wanted a CMC spin off show

Honestly if they were to actually make that

Then I'd watch and enjoy the spin off way more

Then the original show, I mean that for real

It could be made, maybe. :P

A spinoff like that deserves a brohoof of course. But for some odd reason, I've always wanted to see a crossover between Naruto and My Little Pony.

I personally would like to see Friendship is Magic continue without any other side shows since we have Equestria Girls on the way.

But, after G4 ends (please don't let this be ANYTIME SOON) I think it'd be perfect if the three Crusaders form a bigger group after they get their cutie marks and grow up into full grown mares, and then they could kick off G5. That way, G4 will live on, and we'll get some of the same characters we know and love.

• Brohoof 1

It seems like a good idea, but ultimately it doesn't have enough content. It works fine being within MLP - why try to fix something that isnt broken? the last thing we need is Hasbro f-cking up CMC of all things -.-

They tried a similar thing with Rugrats.

It was called "All grown up" and it never, never...NEVER  captured the origional spirit of Rugrats.  While I'm sure the writers could do a good job,  and the lil gurls would buy up ithe toys,  it simply wouldn't be ponies. 

Perhaps a single episode where we get a crystal ball of future,  and see adult CMCs,  but they do the Austin powers gag where there is something always blocking their cutiemarks.   I'd probably die from laughter then.

• Brohoof 1

That actually might be a very good idea for generation 5 which will happen eventually as all good things including generation 4 must eventually come to an end though if they play it right it could be a while before that happens.

Woo sometimes I feel like a brick wall would make a better audience - I'm telling you CMC is meant to be with the MLP universe. Two of the Crusaders are sisters of main characters. 

While they couldn't exactly establish a future timeline while the current generation is still airing, after FiM finishes they could definitley do a spiritual successor similar to how Avatar got The Legend of Korra.

The CMC could be the next line of toys, and the show could be exactly what you described. Hopefully we'd also get to occasionally see the original mane 6 living out their dreams.

While they couldn't exactly establish a future timeline while the current generation is still airing, after FiM finishes they could definitley do a spiritual successor similar to how Avatar got The Legend of Korra.

The CMC could be the next line of toys, and the show could be exactly what you described. Hopefully we'd also get to occasionally see the original mane 6 living out their dreams.

It's just like All Grown Up (the successor to the Rug Rats show). Also this is MLP not Avatar -.- and CMC is a small group not a dedicated show.

I'd love a series like this, it would be really interesting, much more interesting sounding to me then Equestria girls, not to say I am saying Equestria girls has no hope, but I could totally find this idea more appealing.

Unfortunately I don't think hasbro has plans to do this anytime soon really.

But it sounds like an awesome idea :D. I've always wondered how the CMC would turn out.

I think this would be a great idea. I love the CMC, and a show about them I think would be a good idea. I really do hope this is actually put into consideration by the people at FIM

Thank you all for listening to my points on why this is a bad idea... oh well another good thing will be ruined thanks to its own fan base.

rEWen2U.gif

Edited by ~Scootaloo

People have accused the CMCs of being a show within a show, a built-in pilot for a CMC series, and so forth. 

I haven't formed a clear opinion one way or the other about a CMC spin-off.  The only thing for sure is that they will have to do something besides trying to cause their own cutie marks appear.  More is needed to flesh out a separate series.  One thing they would do, that I don't think I've seen happen in MLP:FiM yet, is take the time to help other blank flanks get their marks.  The Cutie Mark Crusader creed is that members are supposed to support all blank flanks, not just themselves. 

EDIT:  Bucky's comment made me think of one thing I forget to mention.  The CMCs are so dedicated to their cause that they will continue to help blank flanks even after they get their own cutie marks. 

Edited by Wingnut

Somewhere last year on another forum I have been reading about a possible CMC spin-off.

But that spin-off could end up being forgotten like Jungle Cubs or bomb like Yo Yogi.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

People have accused the CMCs of being a show within a show, a built-in pilot for a CMC series, and so forth. 

I haven't formed a clear opinion one way or the other about a CMC spin-off.  The only thing for sure is that they will have to do something besides trying to cause their own cutie marks appear.  More is needed to flesh out a separate series.  One thing they would do, that I don't think I've seen happen in MLP:FiM yet, is take the time to help other blank flanks get their marks.  The Cutie Mark Crusader creed is that members are supposed to support all blank flanks, not just themselves. 

EDIT:  Bucky's comment made me think of one thing I forget to mention.  The CMCs are so dedicated to their cause that they will continue to help blank flanks even after they get their own cutie marks. 

I still don't think it's a very good idea. You know I could be dead wrong about the whole situation however if it were to get its own series it may do good for a few episodes, but I can see it getting old fast. Unless they rewrite the whole thing and make the CMC into something it was not meant to be.

Also I put up a poll on the CMC club thread if anyone wants to vote.

• Brohoof 2

Cutie mark crusaders show ... theen three spinoffs....... hmmmm I wonder uhhh...... hmmm nooooo!

Thats all ima say cerail no please god equestria girls allready raping mlp....