Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you want to see in a MLP video game

TheMarkz0ne

Whether it be for the 360 PS3 PS4 or nextbox. Maybe even the PC. What would you want to see in terms of plot, gameplay, characters and such. I would want the game to be a open sandbox where you can play as the mane 6 and celestia essentially the heroes. Also let's have fun you can play as the bad guys. Like Chrysalis or Sombra. A plot that would come to my head is you must stop the next changeling invasion of canterlot and this time Chrysalis has brought more of her army then anyone could handle. Your goal in the game is to build an army and fight back. You can also play as the changeling army and get an alternate ending where Equestria is under changeling rule and the mane 6 have been turned into changelings mwahahahahah. But that's just me in my sick sick world. I want to hear what you guys think

• Brohoof 2

I'd like it to have a very complex and realistic ballistics and wounding system, perhaps even a 6-DOF flight model with gyroscopic and Coriolis drift, Magnus and Poisson effects, sound barrier modelling and earth rotation.

ph34r.png

My ideal pony game would be somewhat... unusual.

• Brohoof 2

Well, for one thing, it needs to be open world, customoizable, and a MMORG.

...Too much to ask? I ASKED FOR DRAGONS WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR SKYRIM. People were all like 'Dragons? Nah. Too much'

LOOK WHAT I GOT.

I SHOULD BE APOLLO'S STUDENT.

• Brohoof 2

Well. . . I'd have to vote for an RPG, with a focus on story telling, puzzle solving and mini-games rather than combat. I think it would work better if you play one of the mane six (most likely Twilight) rather than an OC.

It would be cool if it had constant nods to the show, but I think the Big Bad should be someone original to the game.

• Brohoof 1

I would like a game which basically plays exactly the same as Dragon Age: Origins, but with an MLP aesthetic. Unicorns could be the Magi, Earth Ponies could be the rogues, Pegasi the warriors, and Zebras the Elves.

I'm out of ideas when it comes to dwarves, though. :(

• Brohoof 2

I know most say open world or RPG.

But honestly I want a 2D platformer game. Kin of like Rayman Origins type gameplay. I like the other options, but I am leaning twords this.

This idea or an arcade style beat em up. That could be cool.

• Brohoof 1

RPG/Action-Adventure I want it to be a mix of Mass Effect only in the RPG way and Assassin's Creed in the Action-Adventure way. I would like it to have its own story line and open world. Where you can travel all over Equestria. Also you make your own characters and you can help or hurt the Mane 6 or background characters. Also if your a unicorn or earth pony I don't want you to be able to go to up to cloudsdale with some kind of spell to help you. Oh yea and you can't become an alicorn until you prove your worth and they make it so hard for you to do it like it takes you days maybe weeks of game play. And this game should be Xbox 360, Xbox 720 and PC.

• Brohoof 1

I would like a game which basically plays exactly the same as Dragon Age: Origins, but with an MLP aesthetic. Unicorns could be the Magi, Earth Ponies could be the rogues, Pegasi the warriors, and Zebras the Elves.

I'm out of ideas when it comes to dwarves, though. sad.png

Honestly, I'd expect Earth Ponies to be warriors since they seem to be more the strong type of the three types. I mean the Earth Pony body is of a natural larger size than a Pegasus, or a Unicorn for a reason. I'd make the Pegasai the Rogues and the Earth Ponies the Warriors.

Now onto my opinion on how I think they should make the game. I'd like a puzzler RPG, that bases your choices on morale decisions, such as helping the changelings, or the regular ponies. Then as you go on, you have to make a final choice that leads you into something bigger that explains the true feud between the two and you could be a bad guy and only help one side. Or there's the good guy option where you could help unify the two. And I think you should be able to play as a custom character, but it strongly revolves around relations with already existing characters. The Mane 6, Trixie, Zecora, etc.

Hell if they wanted they could use the cliche 7th element story line and they could make that pretty cool, your personality ends up developing what your element would be and you find the power half way through the story to do what you want.

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see a sims sort of thing where you create a pony and live there life the way you want.

even in a mod I would put it in because that would be awesome.

post-12452-0-22627700-1363469577.png

Well. . . I'd have to vote for an RPG, with a focus on story telling, puzzle solving and mini-games rather than combat. I think it would work better if you play one of the mane six (most likely Twilight) rather than an OC.

It would be cool if it had constant nods to the show, but I think the Big Bad should be someone original to the game.

I dunno, I think it would be fun to have a multiplayer game, that would of course leave you with the requirement to make an OC at the start. I'm really just waiting for Legends of Equestria to open to the public.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, I think it would be fun to have a multiplayer game, that would of course leave you with the requirement to make an OC at the start. I'm really just waiting for Legends of Equestria to open to the public.

I just think a game would work better if it had a good story to it and was a bit like an old school RPG. I don't see why it can't be simple and focus more on being a good game.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Hasbro is reading this; please make a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic video game for consoles that is kid-friendly and is enjoyable for adults too. A RPG where you could choose from the mane 6 or create your own character would be amazing or a sandbox style game with an intricate plot involving many characters from the show to preserve its originality with occasional nods to the bronies of course. Think about it: RPG from the perspective of any of the mane 6 and each choice you make influences decisions made later in the game with alternate endings and unlockable villains that you can re-play the story with after you beat the game from one of its three difficulties; Easy, Normal, and Hard. Also, as a further nod to the brony community and competitive young gamers if you can manage to beat the game on hard you unlock the new game mode; Fighting Is Magic! Sort of like how Dino Crisis 2's: Extra Crisis worked back in the day but with ponies and such. The game would sell well due to the willingness of the community and with help of available pony avatar items, gamer pictures, and themes on the xbox marketplace (or PSN network/PC) would be even MORE revenue for Hasbro and a dream come true for the brony community. All the while the original concept and message of the show is maintained. ~Win-Win~

• Brohoof 1

Is Pegasus Flight Sim too obvious?  How about mix it with a racing game?  When you think about it, how many flight sims are also racing games?  Customize your own pegasus and race them to win bits and sponsorships.  Like Forza but in the air.  With ponies.

• Brohoof 2

If MLP would come up with an idea of creating and directing a video game for XBOX 360;720, PS3; PS4, or PC, the first thing that popped in my mind is a mixture of action/adventure RPG, or a racing game. Either way, the company would be selling more than millions in hours. Probably the Hasbro Gaming company would simply allow the ideas from the storyboard director, the character designer, the art designer, the game developer, the level designer, the effects supervisor, and the animators to execute that idea when it comes to ponies. And they know that Hasbro is full of ponies.

I wish they would somehow make a Pony Video Game from any gaming company, but no handheld games. They are BOOOOOOORING!!!! Someday, if a game from MLP does come out, I would go to any store, find the game, and say, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!"

If Hasbro made MLP a fantasy RPG video game, we Bronies better have what's coming to us once the game is in the console: epic cutscenes, awesome graphics, great storyboard plot, devious villain character designs, like King Sombra, or Queen Chrysalis, and alternative endings. For example: In the last chapter, Twilight has to make rigorous decisions. She could either save Equestria, or join the Channeling Army to corrupt Ponyville. However, that couldn't be a bit more concise for an alternative ending. How about this: Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor has to use their magic to restore Twilight Sparkle, who is being corrupted by King Sombra's magical trance spell, then by using their magic, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy use the elements to harness their power to restore their faithful magical friend. Then, Trixie and Discord joins the party to do the same. By doing so, they unleashed their power to Twilight, and King Sombra's trance spell is struggling to not let down its guard. And then, Twilight is pushed away from the magical blast. King Sombra, however feel its energy decreasing by seconds, and fades away. How does that soundfor a legit Pony video game? Epic or Dark? You decide!

• Brohoof 1

A MMORPG, where you can customize your pony. Make it be for bronies only, so we can have some OC and main/side charecter shipping, epic cutscenes, awesome graphics, and GORE! Rainbow factory, cupcakes, you name it! T IS RATING FOR GAME!

Maybe a multiplayer game where you're in a world of horrible user-created OCs, and there's minigames, quests, and stuff like that. Pegasi can fly freely, unicorns can learn spells. No alicorns... You can explore Equestria, battle enemies, make friends, and every year there's the Grand Galloping Gala. You can earn bits, decorate your house (You can live in any city/town) and buy clothes. Day and Night passes by. With special membership you can choose to be a Crystal Pony!

• Brohoof 2

I'd want it to be a adventure game where you can visit all of Equestria as your own pony and have all kinds of quests and such or idk.

I feel like it could be made into a platformer to.

heck fighting is magic was going to be pretty awesome.

I think MLP could be made into alot of different games I'd like really.

• Brohoof 1

Fo sho I'd like to see a pony game in fact I've been in developement of one for quite a while now!

I'd much rather see a pony game based around an alternate universe, and/or around an existing acclaimed Fanfic. I think the game would do best as an action puzzle platformer, such as portal.

I'd say Paper Mario/Super Mario RPG style. That way, all the sprites could look just like the show, and we wouldn't need to deal with any of that nasty 3D ponies junk. tongue.png

It would be a mostly puzzle-based game, I think. Maybe RPG-style battles like in Paper Mario 64.

Also, OP, Y U FORGET WII U? derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by MatrixChicken

I'm genuinely surprised that they haven't made a videogame yet. Because lets face facts, Hasbro is a merchandise centralized company, everything was introduced in order to sell merchandise, you don't get as much mileage (and therefore money) out of a TV show as a stockpile of plushies. Why not make a videogame I say, it's in their best interest if it increases sales on merchandise, even in of the game itself actually.

• Brohoof 1

There was a game once, called 'Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb'. It was a point-and-click style of adventure puzzler, with a plot. It didn't do so well due to the game authors wanting to go somewhat adult, while the publishers wanted it 'kiddie'. You see the parallels? In any case I would appreciate a game in that style, updated to be more modern of course.

• Brohoof 1