Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

142 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Season

• Season One
    • Season Two
    • Season Three
    • Season Four

Season 3 for One Bad Apple, Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy.  This season didn't have any episode I really disliked, which is why it's my favorite.  Season 2 was also very good and has my favorite episode: return of harmony, but it had a lot of episodes I found meh.  Season 1 had all good episodes but there wasn't really one that stood out to me.

Season 3, because of Sleepless in Ponyville were we get to see my two favorite ponies bonding with each other. :D

That, and One Bad Apple. Great episode with the best song in MLP yet to go with it.

Edited by Vengeance

Season 3, definitely. Sleepless In Ponyville and Apple Family Reunion were both matches for my favorite Season 2 episode, Hurricane Fluttershy, and it had other episodes falling into the "very good" category: Too Many Pinkie Pies, Wonderbolt Academy, Just For Sidekicks, Magical Mystery Cure... It had a lot of amazing packed into a short season, even if some of the episodes were not exactly my favorites (Magic Duel and Games Ponies Play). The two best characters, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, got plenty of screen time and character development. The animation quality was through the roof, the songs were great, and also Scootaloo became best cutie mark crusader.

• Brohoof 2

Season 1 was what made my love for the show reach it's greatest peak. It gave lots of nice inspirational episodes. Season 2 cemented my feelings for the characters and it's ending was phenomenal. I do like Season 2's finale better than Season 1 but Season 1 in entirety is better than Season 2 in my book.

Season 3? Ahhh gawd no... not really the best out there. Had some good ones like Keep Calm and Flutter On and Wonderbolts Academy but overall was like an introduction to the disaster Hasbro would be bringing after Faust's influence on the show left after Season 2's finale.

Edited by poniesforfun

I would have to say Season 3, because my favorite episode Sleepless in Ponyville is in that season.  I love the interaction between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, I called my sister and told her I loved her after I saw it  :D

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say that my favorite season is Season 2 because of the wedding, Season 3 would have been my favorite if there were episodes. Also the season FInale wasn't the best I think season 3 was a rush job.

season 2 for me

Except for the Granny Smith and baby cakes episodes which I can't stand

It had a good mixture of episodes and a lot of hilarity. It had Discord and Cadence episodes...

Total broken record here...but Season three has the worst ending they could have possibly made (IMO of course)...she should have never been risen above the other mane 6

Season one was where we got our humble beginning as a fandom. It was different from everything else, and had no parallels to it at the time.

Season two had the perfect balance of world-building that the fans were looking for, fun, new designs, characters and ideas for anyone who likes cartoons to enjoy, more pinkie for kids and much more character building and stuff which everyone can benefit from. 

Season three was a bit more manufactured for the brony fandom, not the "all aged audiences" it was originally intended for. It had great writing and songs like the first two seasons, but it lacked the immense passion that filled our hearts. The creators figured out a formula for pleasing us and they stuck to it, the formula being that if they do what they already know we like, we won't criticize as much. 

overall S1 9/10, S2 10/10, S3 8.5/10

Season 1 was what made my love for the show reach it's greatest peak. It gave lots of nice inspirational episodes. Season 2 cemented my feelings for the characters and it's ending was phenomenal. I do like Season 2's finale better than Season 1 but Season 1 in entirety is better than Season 2 in my book.

Season 3? Ahhh gawd no... not really the best out there. Had some good ones like Keep Calm and Flutter On and Wonderbolts Academy but overall was like an introduction to the disaster Hasbro would be bringing after Faust's influence on the show left after Season 2's finale.

I gotta say, I have never been that enamored with Faust myself. After noticing the absolutely nonexistent drop in quality since she left, and learning she did almost nothing on Power Puff Girls and Fosters Home, I really question her input. It didn't seem to matter that she left.

Also for me... Geeze... I gotta say season three; they were given so little, and made so much with it. Had one or two hiccups, but just overall a great season

I had to go with season 1, if only because of the diamond dogs episode and sonic rainboom.

Also, when I became a brony, I watched all the episodes in order, and I have to say that season 1 had something that won me over that season 2 didn't have.

I havent seen all of season 3 yet so i don't know if its good to me or not. Season 2 is my favorite since all of the mane 6 gets to write to the princess. I was going to go with season 1 since it has a good amount of nice episodes, but season 2 had some good moments that i really enjoyed.

Season 2 has gotta be one of my favorites because there were lots of episodes that really could fit everyone! Unlike in Season 3, there are way too few episodes to even talk about. Sure some of them are really good in Season 3 but then, Season 2 has some of my favorite episodes. Also, the best things came from this season! Season 2 had good stories, good songs, and a lot more that I really enjoyed.

Season 3 comes in really close though because the songs are pretty good, the story is also really great and all that but it can't top Season 2 because of:

1. Length

2. Twilicorn (I'm sorry, but I really didn't like it. I gave it a chance but still didn't like it.)

3. Not-as-great stories as some of the previous season's stories.

I dunno about you but this is just my opinion! :3 

Season two, with season one being close behind.

Season three is nowhere near as good as the first two in my opinion.

Most of my favorite episodes come from seasons 1 and 2 and I don't think any of the S3 ones are in my top 10.

I'd have to go with season 1 here. I'd still say season 2 is close behind but it had a run of episodes in the middle which just annoyed me somewhat. S1 is also the one which started it all and introduced us to many of the characters that we grow to love a stupid amount.

Season 3 was too short imo, making the lesser moments stand out too much. It is also too new. Will have to think on it again once S4 has come out and all the little details I've missed have been revealed and understood.

It's really hard to decide which season is my favorite. But judging by the amount of favorite episodes in one season, I will have to go for Season 2. Season 2 has the majority of Rarity's awesome (yet dramatic) moments, plus some episodes were based on holidays during this season like Hearth's Warming Eve and Hearts & Hooves Day (both episodes are among my favorites btw).

Season 3 has the equal amount of awesomeness season 2 had...just squished in 13 episodes. But in my opinion, it's not the same feeling as I felt in season 2.

• 1 month later...

Oh my! How can be possible that in a forum like this there wasn't a poll like this one? Oh well, I'll open it. So what's your favourite season of the show?

For me, despite the fact it's shorter is the third, mainly for three reasons:

1)It had character development episodes (The Crystal Empire, One Bad Apple, Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolt Academy, Apple Family Reunion and Keep Calm & Flutter On);

2)It had good humor episodes (Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At your Service, the same Keep Calm & Flutter On, Just for Sidekicks and Games Pony Play);

3)As a Twilight Sparkle fan, the finale has an affective value to me, to see her grow up after all the first 65 episodes was a HUGE realizzation to me.

I guess I'm in the minority for this, but I want to know what is your favourite season of the show.

PS:don't hate me because I love the third season.... sad.png 

• Brohoof 1

I love all the seasons of MLP. Season one just might be my favorite though. There are so many episodes of season one that I absolutely love, like the Cutie Mark Chronicles and Suited for Success. Seasons 2 and 3 are both wonderful though.

For me, despite the fact it's shorter is the third, mainly for three reasons:

1)It had character development episodes (The Crystal Empire, One Bad Apple, Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolt Academy, Apple Family Reunion and Keep Calm & Flutter On);

2)It had good humor episodes (Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At your Service, the same Keep Calm & Flutter On, Just for Sidekicks and Games Pony Play);

3)As a Twilight Sparkle fan, the finale has an affective value to me, to see her grow up after all the first 65 episodes was a HUGE realizzation to me.

I guess I'm in the minority for this, but I want to know what is your favourite season of the show.

PS:don't hate me because I love the third season.... img-1309350-1-sad.png 

As a matter for fact, we already had a thread for discussing our favorite seasons and it even had a handy poll. For convenience, I've merged your thread with the older one that we had lying around. In the future, please use the search feature at the top of the page to make sure there aren't already topics identical to ones you are planning to make.

As for me, my current favorite is Season 2. It certainly had some weak episodes, but overall there were loads of fantastic ones that overshadowed those, and it produced some of my favorite moments in the entire series. 

My favorite would be season 2 for sure!! SO many mind blowing episodes, plus I joined the Brony fandom during that season which totally got me hooked onto the show. This season had an amazing opening and finale, LOTS of drama, and it was when MLP was at its best. Twilight's huge breakdown, Derpy, learning the founding of Equestria and Ponyville, tons of great character development, and THE WEDDING!!!! But Putting Your Hoof Down just hit me like a slap to the face....... lol

STILL THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE SEASON TWO <33