Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Umbral Noir

Vinyl Scratch or Octavia?  

88 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the better pony?

• Vinyl Scratch
    • Octavia

This is very very close but I'll have to chose Vinyl solely based on her design something about pure whit fur and the blue mane really compliment each other so well, I really like it.

This is very very close but I'll have to chose Vinyl solely based on her design something about pure whit fur and the blue mane really compliment each other so well, I really like it.

Actually, Vinyl Scratch has a very very pale yellow coat that looks a lot like white, but it's yellow. Her coat color in specific is #FEFDE7

You can enter it here to see for yourself. http://html-color-codes.info/

But yeah, the colors do complement eachother well.

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl Scratch.

She was always a pony that really stood out to me. White body, cool blue hair, and those very distinct glasses. Her design was one thing that made me consider her my favorite background pony. Being a DJ was the other thing.

Octavia. But only because I really hate dubstep. Downfall of modern music I tell you. Although I don't think someone's character should be decided by what music they play

• 2 weeks later...

I choose Colgate, although otherwise I would say Vinyl Scratch she is very cool. But since I'm a Colgate fan, then of course I have to choose Colgate. She is just awesome, I mean she is Colgate do I even need to say more.. I think not.

colgate_so_awesome_by_shark7996-d4jjhb0.

(edited)

Octavia, HAH seems like i'm the only one voting for her. But, thinking that Octavia is the most awesome background pony together with derpy is the completely right choice!

But my question is, why did you write Dj-Pon3 first and Vinyl Scratch last? ph34r.png

Edited by Rain Dance

Well since neither of them ever talk in show it's hard to pick based on their personality. Unless of course your basing them off the fandom personality. If based on that them I can't pick they play off each other so well. However, based on looks I like Vinyl's looks better her colors compliment each other well.

Dahvieously The Living Tombstone is better than both of them.  But if I had to choose between those two, I would have to say Vinyl Scratch is way better.  I mean I love Octavia too but just think about the facts.  First we are talking about the more general argument about Classical Music Versus Dubstep Music.  Second Vinyl is just cooler.  I mean look at her style, personality, and background story are all more interesting than Ocatavia.  But seriously people if you want to know who the best pony music artist is than check out The Living Tombstone.  Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope to read a lot of really good posts from you guys.

Vinyl Scratch since, she is a bit more favored as a popular background pony than Octavia. But, I find it hard to choose from one another.

As much as I love my dubstep music, and I mean a lot, there is no denying that Octavia is better than Vinyl Scratch. So my vote is cast with Octavia, mainly because of all the fanfics I read, she is way cuter than Vinyl. Even in the show I always thought she was cuter than Vinyl.

Tavi is my second favourite background pony behind Derpy. I'm not exactly one for the volume or heavy base of the dubstep at all... Also I have a love for certain stringed instruments.

Go read the fanfiction "University days". It's about Octavia and Vinyl. I love that fic so much. I have a Vinyl shirt which is pretty awesome, but what I really want is a shirt with BOTH of them on it...one can dream.

Octavia is my favourite background pony, so the vote has to go there. Comparing the two, not only to I prefer the classic, refined personality of Octavia, but I also find it to be a rarer treat than Vinyl's rockstar personality, which makes Tavi stand out more.

You horrible man. Why would you even consider making me choose between these two? Preferring one over the other is like asking me whether I liked bacon or ice cream more, which is again unanswerable.

refuse to participate in this parody of a pony poll until proper personal positions are posted (read: I wish there to be a "Both are awesome!" choice).

Veeery hard decision for me. I love both Vinyl Scratch and Octavia very much. However, I have to go with Octavia just by a little bit.

This isn't a question of me liking dubstep more than calssical music tbh. While I do prefer classical by a wide margin, the reason I prefer Octavia has nothing to do with that. I simply like her character design and her classical demeanor much better. I just really REALLY like the design of her mane.

Vinyl Scratch

It´s not that I don´t like Classical music, I mean, it´s good, and I listen to it sometimes. But I just way more often listen to stuff like Electro, Dubstep, Drumstep, DnB, House etc. And no, not the gritty ultra-heavy drum and bass and dubstep, I listen a whole lot to liquid DnB (especially Pendulum's more Liquid songs), and Liquid Dubstep (not a real sub-genre, but it's similiar to Liquid DnB, just with the Dubstep drum pattern). 

I dunno. I guess I just like the musical style of Vinyl more, and I can identify myself better with her, since I'm trying to make Drum and Bass :P

• 4 weeks later...

I love Vinyl Scratch but I love Octavia way more. Octavia is my second favorite background pony besides Derpy (hence my profile name) and I like her character design a lot more than Vinyls. Go Octavia!