Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Ghosts

Scootalove

Even if the black ops 2 trailer showed gameplay, and even if it is 100x better. We all still knew the game would be complete bullshit.

I disagree, i thought black ops 2 was the most balanced cod out of all of them. Please... i beg of you, don't give me that "OH COD 4 WAZ ZE BEST" stuff... because if really was the best, then there would still be thousands of people playing it, it had its fair share of flaws... or have you forgotten the MP5, M16, grenade spam? 

I enjoy black ops 2, maybe not as much as i enjoyed mw2 but still, i have fun. 

post-14701-0-32707300-1367873073_thumb.jpg

I disagree, i thought black ops 2 was the most balanced cod out of all of them. Please... i beg of you, don't give me that "OH COD 4 WAZ ZE BEST" stuff... because if really was the best, then there would still be thousands of people playing it, it had its fair share of flaws... or have you forgotten the MP5, M16, grenade spam? 

I would agree with you on this ONLY if it was quite apparent Treyarch tried too hard to make this game balanced to the point of it being broken. We all know though that World at War was the best, near perfect(and no, Juggernaut MP40 is not as bad as everyone bitched it about). Black Ops, eeh it had problems but was very fun, great weapon balancing(Seriously, there is a difference between overused and overpowered, FAMAS is one of those guns). And then Black Ops II came along and what do you know, they tried so hard that it became a train wreck.

Now Infinity Ward...if they can actually develop a good CoD that isn't full of bullshit that breaks the game for once and don't use lag comp, I will buy their game. I am probably asking for a miracle though. I would dare say MW3 could have been superior over MW2...if it didn't have lag compensation and the FMGDerps did like 1 damage per bullet. 

I would agree with you on this ONLY if it was quite apparent Treyarch tried too hard to make this game balanced to the point of it being broken. We all know though that World at War was the best, near perfect(and no, Juggernaut MP40 is not as bad as everyone bitched it about). Black Ops, eeh it had problems but was very fun, great weapon balancing(Seriously, there is a difference between overused and overpowered, FAMAS is one of those guns). And then Black Ops II came along and what do you know, they tried so hard that it became a train wreck.

Now Infinity Ward...if they can actually develop a good CoD that isn't full of bullshit that breaks the game for once and don't use lag comp, I will buy their game. I am probably asking for a miracle though. I would dare say MW3 could have been superior over MW2...if it didn't have lag compensation and the FMGDerps did like 1 damage per bullet. 

Not to sound like a broken record, but you sound like every other cod guy out there. "MMM THIS GAME IS SOO COOl" first month, and then your opinion slowly degrades... I do the same, except for this game. It's been like 6 months and i still enjoy it greatly. 

oh hey guys I forgot to post this..

Oh_boy_here_we_go.jpg

Teaser comes out --> Fanboys love, haters hate --> Trailer comes out -->

Everyone says it's gonna be awesome --> Everyone says it's gonna suck -->

Everyone buys it anyways --> Everyone loves it -- *Few months later* -->

Everyone hates it --> Everyone wait for next CoD

Hehe.

Seriously though that's kinda how it is.

But I love CoD anyways <3

I'm actually kinda excited to see how Ghosts turns out since it will have a new engine and stuff.

Looking forward to see some MP gameplay.

• Brohoof 3

Oh great, now my topic caused conflict. :o I knew this would happen since I made a topic about Call of Duty. :P

But anyway, I'm pretty impressed with the replying. Keep it up! :)

Personally Treyarch is preferred because of a few reasons like the legendary zombies and the more intense campaign yet Infinity Wards multiplayer seems to be better than treyarchs.

(edited)

Not to sound like a broken record, but you sound like every other cod guy out there. "MMM THIS GAME IS SOO COOl" first month, and then your opinion slowly degrades... I do the same, except for this game. It's been like 6 months and i still enjoy it greatly. 

I was simply stating how I felt on Treyarch's end. Infinity Ward I find just a pile of dookie that can't do anything right. For MW3 though, I wanted to like it, I really did but the lag comp especially ruined it for me. And trust me, I am sure every other cod guy out there would praise MW2, say the rest are shit, and then continue to jerk off to the current one as they say it is complete shit. They would also not dare say what I say about MW3, 

With Black Ops II I am having similar feelings that I had to MW3, I want to love this game, it's Treyarch for God's sake, the OG at bringing...more balanced games than Infinity Ward. But it is just hard for me to enjoy it when only this game hates my connection and they tried too hard to balance the guns to the point that they are all over the place. I still hate Nuketown though so that is one thing that has not changed. I still do enjoy me some zambwenies though. Feels more diverse this time around in terms of  play style. 

Edited by Brolaire
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not going to say COD4 was the best in the entire series, it was mediocre at best. I bought I bought Black Ops 1 and got bored of it in about 2 months, next year I got MW3 and I couldn't stand it for even a few hours. It was so mind numbingly boring, the spawns and maps were absolutely horrible. After that I was just gave up on the CoD franchise because we all know it's gonna be some shitty rehash every time it gets released. Fuck Activision.

They need to stop making these games. It's the same game that it's always been the past 8 times just with new skins. Everyone that plays is under the age of 10. And everyone waste money on the maps that they'll use until the next CoD comes out. Sorry but it gets old especially when you work at a video game store and it's a bunch of bro douchebags that buy a $300 system just for 1 game and that's all they talk about. I also think Activision is just as bad of a company as EA. They don't care about how well it's made because in the end they'll still say F*ck you you'll buy it! Now I'm just ranting meh. -_____-

• Brohoof 1

They need to stop making these games.

No, the games are very fun.

It's the same game that it's always been the past 8 times just with new skins.

Think again. It's absolutely not the same game. Sure the games are very similar to each other and they never improve with new graphics or anything like that, but that's not needed. It's fun anyways.

Everyone that plays is under the age of 10.

'Cause I'm totally under 10. There are a lot of kids playing cod yes. But you know as well as I do that it's not just kids.

And everyone waste money on the maps that they'll use until the next CoD comes out.

No, I pay cause I think it's worth it. No waste here!

• Brohoof 1

My buck'o'five on the CoD series:

CoD 1 is my favorite WW2 game ever.

CoD 2 is a close second.

CoD 3 is meh.

CoD 4 is my all-time favorite FPS, and has my all-time favorite multiplayer.

World at War is good, and pulled off the gritty theme very well. Zombie mode was crap, though.

Modern Warfare 2 improved on alot of stuff from CoD 4, and would be the superior game were it not for a few yet-unpatched bugs.

Black Ops 1 is crap. The multiplayer catered to whiners and lagged like a motherfucker, the campaign was poorly designed and didn't do justice to the good story, and zombie mode was even worse.

Modern Warfare 3 isn't even worth mentioning. It's uninspired, under-developed, unbalanced, and somehow even laggier than Black Ops was. The only silver lining is that it has easily the best co-op in the series.

Black Ops 2 is a mixed bag. The campaign is absolutely incredible, and the multiplayer had plenty of great innovations, but it somehow lags EVEN WORSE than Modern Warfare 3 does, and Zombie mode (with the exception of the subversive Mod of the Dead) is now little more than a bad joke.

As for Ghosts, I say the best thing they can do for it now is to fully embrace a supernatural theme. Imagine CoD soldiers running around the battlefield with modern guns and tanks, but also casting hexes on their opponents and summoning demons as killstreaks. That would be just the jumpstart the series needs.

> Stumbles into a Call of Duty topic

> Sees posts hating on Call of Duty

> Not surprised

I stopped playing CoD a game or two after CoD4, which I got on a whim, since I just grew tired of the series' gameplay. If people still enjoy those games, I see no reason for the developers to stop making the games. To be honest, I have no intention of getting Ghosts but I am curious as to how this installment will differ from previous entries in the series. That's pretty much the only reason I'm paying attention to Cod Ghosts news.

As for Ghosts, I say the best thing they can do for it now is to fully embrace a supernatural theme. Imagine CoD soldiers running around the battlefield with modern guns and tanks, but also casting hexes on their opponents and summoning demons as killstreaks. That would be just the jumpstart the series needs.

That sounds a bit too out there for Call of Duty (at least, to me it does). 

(edited)
> Stumbles into a Call of Duty topic > Sees posts hating on Call of Duty > Not surprised

Call of Duty deserves the hate it gets, because quite simply it's killing innovation in the video game industry. Sure, there are games that do innovate, but most people hardly ever hear about them. It's just CoD, Halo (I actually like Halo though, because that is pretty interesting) and Battlefield that stay in the mainstream. I hardly hear people talk about anything else. Take this game for example, Guns of Icarus:

Now I know this probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but then neither is CoD. I managed to come across this game by chance, and I really want it (unfortunately my PC isn't good enough) because it looks fantastic, looks extremely fun to play, and most importantly it's very innovative. Games like this deserve much more attention than games like Call of Duty, that do practically nothing in terms of change (I've seen mods that do more).

What's more, it's only £7.49 on steam. I'd be more willing to spend £40 on this gem than pay even a single pound to activision for everybody's favorite reskin.

Edited by Spess

Call of Duty deserves the hate it gets, because quite simply it's killing innovation in the video game industry. Sure, there are games that do innovate, but most people hardly ever hear about them. It's just CoD, Halo (I actually like Halo though, because that is pretty interesting) and Battlefield that stay in the mainstream. I hardly hear people talk about anything else. Take this game for example, Guns of Icarus:

Umm, there are plenty of popular, upcoming games. Go search some gaming websites; Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield aren't the only headlines. Heck, you might even find some news on games that are not popular. The game you mentioned looks to be a case of very little to no marketing. You'd have a better argument if you tried to show that every FPS is trying to copy Call of Duty.

Now I know this probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but then neither is CoD. I managed to come across this game by chance, and I really want it (unfortunately my PC isn't good enough) because it looks fantastic, looks extremely fun to play, and most importantly it's very innovative. Games like this deserve much more attention than games like Call of Duty, that do practically nothing in terms of change (I've seen mods that do more).  

I think games like Little Big Planet, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, The Last of Us, Journey, etc. deserve much more attention than most shooters in general, but hey, that's just me.

Okay, I have put in more information regarding Call of Duty: Ghosts. So, keep your eyes open for anymore information and if you find anything at all make sure to inform me. I'll keep updating it until the reveal and the game's release. :)

I don't play CoD nearly as much as I used to, but I am open minded. Now, people complain about CoD coming out every year, but guess what?

As long as each entry sells like 8 million copies within 2 months of release, Activision is going to continue to release them on an annual basis.

Also I can see Xbox Next having the definitive version.

I haven't really got into COD ever honestly, I'm pretty terrible at it, so it doesn't help me to want to, my brother does to.

Me I just tend to screw around when I play, but It is fun to play occasionally, I just don't really hardcore play it honestly.

I imagine my brother will probably get this one, but who knows for sure.

This is how the spawn has worked.

First 3 CoD gamed, Red Cross, all those ones: AMAZING single-player only FPS games that haven't been even touched (gladly).

CoD 4: Good game, great story, great multiplayer.

CoD MW1 (?) - 3: Different single-players, same multiplayer with the same guns, just skinned differently with SLIGHTLY different perks.

Black Ops 1: Was pretty good for while it laster.

Black Ops 2: Not too bad, multiplayer didn't change much though.

What do they all have in common? Trollers, 'squeakers', hackers, and bugs. The trollers annoy the entire team, ally or enemy. The squeakers are just squeakers, no point in saying anything else. Hackers are annoying, somewhat spamming homicidal death-threatening jerks. And bugs are plain bad.

Then again, every game has it's bad spots, right?

• Brohoof 1

That sounds a bit too out there for Call of Duty (at least, to me it does). 

Well....you want change, there ya go!

For all the people saying "It's just gonna be a copy again", it won't. They've explained that they will be releasing a new engine for the Playstation 4 and Xbox 720. And it's a completely new game, with barely ANY previews and you're judging it? Seriously...what the fuck.

I feel that its going to be a lot likehalo. Halo reach was okay, then halo 4 was amazing. I have high hopes for this game and I hope it doesnt let me down. Cant wait for november 5!

This might be the game that will make me start playing CoD again. First of all, they're finally using a new frickin' engine for the game instead of using the same one over and over again. But I'll have to wait for more info before I can make a final verdict.

Well....you want change, there ya go!

Or they can use that idea for a new shooter that's not called Call of Duty. I mean, they should feel free to do something new, but every game they make doesn't have to be a sequel of some sort...

The teaser trailer was interesting; not anything particularly interesting. I doubt this installment will change up the game or offer anything more than what we're expecting. Still a semi-intriguing premise.

I might get it, I liked Call of Duty up until Black Ops, I hated it. I may try this one, it depends.

I will of course be pre-ordering Battlefield 4 first. This will also be my first PC call of Duty.

I made the switch from PS3 to PC last year.

(edited)

oh hey guys I forgot to post this..

img-1439579-1-Oh_boy_here_we_go.jpg

Teaser comes out --> Fanboys love, haters hate --> Trailer comes out -->

Everyone says it's gonna be awesome --> Everyone says it's gonna suck -->

Everyone buys it anyways --> Everyone loves it -- *Few months later* -->

Everyone hates it --> Everyone wait for next CoD

Hehe.

Seriously though that's kinda how it is.

But I love CoD anyways <3

I'm actually kinda excited to see how Ghosts turns out since it will have a new engine and stuff.

Looking forward to see some MP gameplay.

Wanna see some multiplayer gameplay EARLY? Watch some MW3 gameplay.

And by ''new engine'' they probably just mean they're using the exact same engine as now but making it for the new consoles, it will probably include minor graphical changes but that's gonna be it.

Edited by Dr. Nefarious