Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should all of the mane six have romantic interests in the show?

RAGESTAR

On 5/5/2019 at 2:05 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Um....YES. I’m probably the only fan who wants to see all of the Mane 6 hook up with a love interest by the end of season 9 :please:

the show is about friendship between these characters and is created by Lauren Faust, she made sure that there was no romance among the main characters in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, that was before she left the project. They support the friendship between these characters. 

6 hours ago, Van123 said:

the show is about friendship between these characters and is created by Lauren Faust, she made sure that there was no romance among the main characters in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, that was before she left the project. They support the friendship between these characters. 

e84.gif

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I don't think it's necessary, especially considering that we've almost reached the end. I don't think there's any possible way this could happen within the rest of Season 9, without it feeling rushed or forced.

No, it would drive some fans mad :P. No way they would do something so significant in the last moment. If it was done to some characters a few seasons before this season, maybe, it would have still divided some fans.

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

No, it would drive some fans mad :P. No way they would do something so significant in the last moment. If it was done to some characters a few seasons before this season, maybe, it would have still divided some fans.

You could probably make a case for Fluttercord... Its not like that hasn't been telegraphed for some seasons now....

(edited)
6 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

You could probably make a case for Fluttercord... Its not like that hasn't been telegraphed for some seasons now....

I guess, but it almost certainly won't happen, and if it did, a lot of fans will be dissatisfied, and so far the show runners were just teasing it, if fans want to take it as a nod to the shipping then its fine, if some see them as friends that's fine too.

Edited by Rushing cash

It may take away from the purpose of their existence, but it would be cute to see some of them enter romantic relationships.  It would have to make sense though...

Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich would be a real good one.  Rainbow Dash and Soarin' would be a good one too.

Spoiler

Fluttershy and Discord is de facto canon now.

I don’t think that every main character needs a love interest. That’s overkill. One or two of them having a boyfriend wouldn’t be bad idea. In fact, I would love that! Again, though, every character out of the seven falling in love? That’s unnecessary.

(edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 11:00 AM, Mongo said:

It may take away from the purpose of their existence, but it would be cute to see some of them enter romantic relationships.  It would have to make sense though...

Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich would be a real good one.  Rainbow Dash and Soarin' would be a good one too.

Hide contents

Fluttershy and Discord is de facto canon now.

no, with Rainbow Dash with who her couple is not makes any sense, Soarin is not her love interest, the fans is just use it to play it, that's not a relationship like Pinkie Pie with Cheese either and Fluttershy and Discord never fell in love since the previous seasons (angel was just assuming and characterizing). This is about the friendship between these characters and they said no main character is fall in love nor canon. The crew does not support any ship.

Edited by Van123

8 hours ago, Conred said:

If you seen China released episode. I don't think its still possible to think of them as just friends. a canon character spelled it out to the audience pretty celarly.

I watched that episode and 

Spoiler

you could take it as either confirmation of the ship or angle just being jealous that discord spends alone time with FS while he does not and therefor mocks her. Its not clear. I don't hate this ship, in fact I kinda support it but it not as clear as some might claim.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, Rushing cash said:

No, it would drive some fans mad

"Let me get this straight--a herd of angry ponies attacked your studio and destroyed your storyboards..."

"No, no, officer! Bronies! They left spittle and season nine merchandise everywhere."

----

No, 'twould be a very bad idea. Remember the whole Flash Sentry controversy? 

• Brohoof 1