Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would a MLP arcade beat em up sell well on XBLA/PSN/PC

TheMarkz0ne

(edited)

Many of you will say " But Mark Fighting is Magic, Fighting is Magic" NO

Fighting is Magic is an Arcade "Fighter". I am talking about beat em up games like the Simpsons:Arcade, TMNT Turtles in Time and even Scott Pilgrim vs The Game. 

You start the game playing as the mane 6. Each character gets their own ending according to player 1. Here are some characters that can be in the game

STANDARD 

Twilight

Rainbow Dash

Rarity 

Apple Jack

Fluttershy

Pinkie

UNLOCKABLES

Vinyl Scratch

Derpy Hooves

Octavia 

Spitfire

Changeling 6

CMC

Big Macintosh 

Iron Will

Cadence

Shining Armor 

Spike

VILLAINS

Revived Nightmare Moon(Nightmare clouds)

Discord (reformed, but wants to fight anyways)

Chrysalis(main villain, sorry I want her to be the master mind)(2nd to last boss)

Diamond Dogs

Flim Flam(they can create a giant mech which can be a boss fight)

Changeling 6

Teen Dragons

Timberwolf King

Three headed hydra 

Lightning Dust

Gilda

Nightmare Chrysalis(form boss)

Nightmare Clouds(FINAL BOSS FIGHT HAS THREE FORMS)

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 2

I would buy it in a heartbeat i haven't played a 2D beat em up in years, but I don't think it would sell well. Expectantly judging from the people I've meet on PSN and other sites that shall remain un-named and how they react when you mentioning MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Of course. Who wouldn't buy it? Imagine the wedding level in Castle Crashers, but redone with the Mane Six vs. Changelings.

To be honest, though, I think a turn based combat thing like in the Mario & Luigi RPG games would fit the show better.

• Brohoof 1

With the popularity of beat-em-ups and MLP it seems like quite a winning combination, I have no doubt such a thing would do well

Of course it would sell.

In a world full of bronies there's no doubt. Just look at that super-boring phone game that was made. I'm not sure how fun they really could make it, but it would certainly be pretty cool to try out no matter what the game really was. And I'm pretty sure others feel the same too.

I'd buy it.

Everyone was hyped up for Fighting is Magic, I shouldn't see why bronies wouldn't get excited for an idea like this. Of course it would sell well! Depending on how many bronies are actually willing to buy it other than pirating it >.>

I imagine the intro of the game being something like this. If you take out the turtles and song about pizza. The animation and sequencing is perfect. This is my favorite beat em up of all time. I grew up with TMNT from 2003, not the 80s cartoon. But this game was the shit

Beat 'em up and fighter games are the same kind of games, just different titles. So technically, those people you're talking about might be on to something, Mark. The more you know...

"Beat 'em up (also known as brawler) is a video game genre featuring melee combat between the protagonist and an improbably large number of underpowered enemies."

The regular Fighting Game is an offshoot from the beat 'em up genre.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I'd hit it so hard, it'd need a lawyer. But seriously, If an officially licensed fighting game came out I'd crap my pants....depending on if it was actually good though.

I'd rather have a beat-em up with free roaming like Kingdom Hearts or Dynasty Warriors etc. instead of 2D. Oh and I'd want both heroes and villains playable. And make the villains be unlocked after defeating them as bosses. And I'd also want the characters to all have their own unique super move/limit break/whatever you wanna call it when a certain meter is full.

• Brohoof 1

So its a mlp version of the Soul Caliber franchise? Because what you said sounds exactly like Soul Caliber in every way, shape, and... (well not the form part).

I think it would at least do really well as a downloadable game on steam. I'm not entirely sure how well it would sell as a console game or as a PC game sold at retail stores.

I would buy it.

Hell some of my favorite video games where side-scrolling beat-em ups.

So yes I would buy this in a flash.

(Seriously Hasbro you can make money using this idea).

So its a mlp version of the Soul Caliber franchise? Because what you said sounds exactly like Soul Caliber in every way, shape, and... (well not the form part).

No, it's not at all like Soulcalibur.

Check Final Fight for what this is describing.

That, and the series is named Soulcalibur. :P

I would much rather prefer a RPG turn based fame like Paper Mario or something.

That way you have to be strategic about the way you fight. It would even be better if the mane 6 would have some sort of "support" system where two characters can attack together.

(edited)

No, it's not at all like Soulcalibur.

Check Final Fight for what this is describing.

That, and the series is named Soulcalibur. :P

It is a lot like "Soulcalibur". 1st of all everyone has their own ending. 2nd, there are different characters you can unlock. 3rd, there are different bosses (based on who you play as).

There are only a couple differences; one is that none of them can use actual sword, maces, axes, etc. Other differences are that there is no shop, combat practice arena, secret characters, character creater, etc (yet).

What i'm saying is that its like the main base idea as "Soulcalibur".

Edited by X-Ray

Except it's not. A beat em up is you wading through armies of enemies. Soul Calibur is one on one fights. The only Soul Calibur that is anything like this is Legends- a non-canon game with a completely different engine.

Dynasty Warriors is more similar to Final Fight than Soul Calibur.

This is a beat'em up, of the Hack n' Slash variety:

And this is Soul Calibur:

To say that these are the same is like saying Mario games are the same genre as Zelda, just because both franchises happen to have platforms you jump on every now and then.

It would probably sell well, seeing how many bronies there are these days happy.png  I for one would play it 100% tho when thinking of mlp fighters i still think about Mane 6 or Fighting is magic, still makes my heart ache when i remember its cancled :(