Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about when you can't sleep?

AstralDrip

Baseball statistics.

Yes, I'm weird like that.

I love calculating/imagining the career of the perfect, Hall of Fame, fantasy baseball player and how awesome it'll be when he leads the Mets to 7 World Series championships.

... why is everyone looking at me so funny?

I'm going to be honest and let you know that I never had an intrest in baseball but somehow your post cracked me up in the best possible way :P

• Brohoof 1

Nobody counts sheep around these parts? Back in my day, that's all you had to do if you couldn't snooze biggrin.png

Ah but seriously I just play out, well uh... plays in my mind. Things such as how a scene would go if X song was going on in the background, or what an episode of a certain show would be like if it was turned into a complete musical? Sometimes I think of something really funny that would be great to draw but as I'm about to muster up the energy to get up and write it down, I just plop into dream land.

If all else fails, I read my textbook img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

usually depressing things, i can't help it though.

sometimes what i'll do after high school

..becoming an adult.

mostly about my boyfriend.

and how bad it sucks that he's so far away and i don't get to hold him at night.

(edited)

About art.

About love.

About the soulmate.

About death.

About living.

About mathematics.

About sudoku.

About former friends.

About tomorrow.

About revolution.

About books.

About what time it could be right now.

About "Go to sleep".

About that noise right now.

About something grabbing my feet.

Also: Sleep is a good place to think of the future.

Edited by Cocodrillo

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, I think about some things I could add to some of my stories. 

Like the other night I couldn't sleep so I just sat in my bed thinking of how I wanted to write a section of my current project. 

Other than that, I just remember things that have happened to me at some point.

Good and bad mind you so I can either go to bed in peace or have nothing but nightmarefuel and be up the entire night. 

Life, the universe, and everything. Death. The next day. All my mistakes. All the strange noises my house makes. The song I'm listening to on pandora. You know, the basics.

Also I think about why the hell I can't fall asleep. 

I usually just listen to music until I fall asleep. But If I'm in a thought-provoking mood, I just think about what I had done that day or what I would have done differently, analyse my entire life up until that point, and just think/worry about the future and how I can accomplish my goals.

I don't do anything to stress out on purpose so I can fall asleep faster, unless I'm crying myself to sleep for any particular reason.

Usually about my crush or how I'm going to do things tomorrow or stuff I did that day. but more often than not it all ends up on my friends.. and where my stance is with each of them (wishing I could be better friends with them, wishing they would forgive me for something / other way around etc.)

Lately I've been thinking of ponies when I'm in bed. Sometimes I'll be lying there and I'll think of a pony like Rainbow Dash. I'll picture her sleeping on a cloud or something, and it makes me fall asleep easily. She just looks so comfortable and cute.

I'll just lie on my back and think about walking or traveling. Not like going on vacation. I think about being on a roof or in a busy city at night and I just walk around in my head until I've completely immersed myself and I sleep.

I don't really think about anything I guess. It's really hard for me to fall asleep and thinking about things usually doesn't make me tired. The only thing that really helps is either doing random stuff on my phone or reading a book until I feel tired. The book usually works best, but my phone is usually more convenient. 

I've also started taking melatonin since I've always had a hard time falling asleep and that seems to work really well. 

• Brohoof 1

Before I sleep i usually listen to my music on my ipod. if i had an exciting day i would go through in my head and think of everything i did or should have done. if my day was normal and plain i think and reflect on what i what to write about and do, so i can add something to my writing (even if it is a little dark and/or twisted). or if i've had a bad day and/or can't sleep i will do one of three things, watch anime until i pass out, exercise until my body I wear myself out, or take a long walk/drive around town and think to myself and return back to bed when i feel sleepy. So bad day nothing get done. good days and normal days i think and allow my imagination to run free.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just lay there and think about the meaning of life which by the way I believe to be the number 42  I also think about Doctor who and also Ponies you know like how does there world work and stuff like that.

Edited by Almar ZeWizard

(edited)

I don't think about anything, I usually just grab my phone and scroll through status updates on Facebook till I get very tired and just fall asleep with ease. xD

I don't have a phone (at least not a portable one. tongue.png), so I listen to my walkman instead, though mostly calmer music at that time of day.

If I'm thinking about anything though, it is either the day's past events or something I'm working on.

Edited by Xiron

When I can't sleep its usually because I'm thinking. And that really just perpetuates the problem. The brain is always going on and on about some project or another. Or why the plastic ends on shoe laces are called aglets. Or if Wil Wheaton's first film role really was in Secret of the NIMH. Or who found out how to harness gaseous substances such as helium in a manner so that they could actually define the characteristics that make them all separate for one another... 

Welp... here I go again....

When I can't or don't feel like sleeping, and I'm lying in bed relaxing, I usually form some kind of daydream. Sometimes I'll just daydream when I want to for the fun of it. But, I usually don't get very far. On multiple occasions I would get an idea for a daydream, and I'd tell myself okay, when I go to bed tonight, I'm totally going to spend time living out this daydream in my mind. Then, by the time I go to bed, I'm too tired to daydream and I usually just end up having a few jumbled, unorganized thoughts before falling asleep quickly. 

But, every once in awhile, I'll really get into a daydream. Right now, I can only think of two times in my life I have done this, but in those examples I usually revisited the daydream every night for several days until I just got tired of it. 

Seeing this Topic made me realize

I really have lost all hope in Humanity.

I frequently go to sleep thinking of theoretical new ideologies that allow moral values and economics to be perfectly attuned, but it seems impossible.

I play games and watch ponies to get away from the sadness I feel whenever I think deeply, I am considered a deep thinker by my peers even when I think lightly simply because thinking deeply pains me sometimes.

(edited)

Oh boy, I hate when I cannot fall asleep quickly. If I don't fall asleep rather quickly, I start thinking about life. I start thinking about how I could have done things better and what would have been the outcomes of certain situations if I did better. I think how much I would have achieved if I wasn't me.. and how many opportunities, both in social life and in life in general, I missed because of anxiety. These things keep me awake up till around 4 AM. I must say that time flies really fast when I'm thinking about stuff at night, though. So maybe it's not that bad. ^^

Edited by Freckle
  • Brohoof 2

I really don't do anything. Just wait for the sleep to beat me. Or I may just take my phone and watch some youtube videos, when there is nothing new, I try to get some sleep, or think about ponies.

• 1 month later...

when i cant sleep usually think of 

life and all it great and unsolved mysteries 

the boring shit i had done the previous day 

my life ten years from now 

and thats about it 

Oh goodness, where to start...

Honestly, my brain just goes everywhere. I'm never really thinking of just one thing.

Sometimes though, I'll be thinking of some sort of song I like or just chatting with friends on Xbox while playing Borderlands 2.