Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Best Friend

(edited)

I used to have a best friend that had been my friend for 10 years, but that's in the past now.

My only real and probably only true best friend ever, who has been my friend the longest. Is my own brother, he is the coolest guy I know and even though he is younger then I am he has the same maturity level as a guy who has had a lot of life experience. When I was feeling down, he would just tell me to stop whining and then tell me how life sucks. Lol, why sugar coat it.

Nah, but for real, we are very good friends. We agree on everything political and car related, when others disagree.. He and I together, we destroy other people in debates. We are both huge car enthusiaists and we don't talk about anything else but cars. He is really cool, he is the only one who doesn't just tell me to stop talking about cars each time I bring up the subject.

Finally, he got me into MLP. He was the one who said, "check it out, it's actually a very good show".. Here I am, all thanks to my brother. He had been trying to make me give it a chance for half a year. I finally gave in because I had nothing else to do, I never judged the show. But 20 minutes for me was much because I was busy doing nothing.

Seriously, I would do anything for him. No matter what it is, if he has troubles I'll be there to help him. The best thing though, is that he will never betray me. He is one of those guys that's so loyal that you would have to be really stupid to betray him. He is probably the nicest guy you could ever meet, he just doesn't show it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

My best friend Steph is awesome, i have known her since the start of Secondary School (I believe that's Highschool for you 'Muricans) which means that i have known her for 9 years. Despite knowing each other for a long time we started talking alot and hanging out when we were placed next to each other in maths 5 years ago, we became best friends 3 years ago when we left Secondary school to go on to college (not what you Americans call college, it is specialized learning for the ages 17 & 18) the main reason we became "best" friends was because all our other friends kind of went their separate ways whereas we somehow ended up continuing to meet up.

I love her to bits, and to be fair we would likely make a perfect couple, the only thing that stops us from being more than friends is the chance that it could ruin the friendship if it didn't work out, in a way we have both friendzoned eachother :P

I tell her just about everything, the only thing that she doesn't know about me is that i'm a brony, i'm not exactly a closet brony, its just i see no need to tell people, if they ask i don't deny it.

We've known each other for 12 years (met in the 9th grade), and I do love him. He's the first person I ever considered a friend, and one of only two I have in real life. We've been through a lot together. Without his support during a terrible part of my life, I would have ended it five years ago. I trust him implicitly.

We're as different as we are alike. Our idea of a good time together usually amounts to grabbing something to eat somewhere and then watching TV on his couch. We can sit together and be fairly quiet for hours and enjoy every bit of it.

• Brohoof 1

ive known my best friend since when i first moved up from primary school (elementary school if your american) because all my old friends went to a different school so i had to make all new friends

yes i do trust him he is the only one who knows im a brony

No i dont love him

no i dont consider him my boyfriend

no i dont have a bromance with him

Hm... I have no best friends in real life. Kinda derpy, I know, but I just don't feel the "thing".

On the other hand, I have a very weird best friend that I never met in real life, but in the Internet. I think we met in the DragonCave forums, in a thread about Minecraft. I setup a server, and she was the first person to pop in. She added me on Steam and then we would spend all day long talking about nonsense and Minecraft. Nowadays we don't talk as much as we did in the past, but when we do it's the same thing as always. :D

I had a lot of close friends throughout my high school years... We all went our separate ways of course. I'd say only about two of them I still keep into communication up until now. Moving states separated me a lot from others but hey you just got to move on sometimes it is a hard thing to do. But I have made great frienships on this site which is for certain. :)

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

ive known my best friend Lachie since grade one ( am now in grade twelve graduation hell yeah ) but we rarely talk now cos we both go to different high schools

and my other best friend Cameron (the one who got me into ponies) iv known him for about 7 years now  

i completely  trust all my friends now matter what 

also my friend lets call her 'Finchie' ( not comfortable telling first name) iv been friends with her for about 2 years now and am trying to ask her out but im too shy sad.png

Edited by HunterScars

I've known my best friends since I was around 2 or 3 years old, actually! We used to spend all of our free time together, playing together, sleepless nights of fun~ ...It's been such a long time now. We got a little dispelled ultimately, because well, friends come and go. Our friendship is golden though, and it will most likely last forever! All my other friends are, in fact, jealous of us since we're together since the very beginning, so yeah~ :3

Here's a picture of him:

snes.jpg

Love you forever, baby <3

I've known my best friend for about two weeks (not very long, I know). But, we've gone through so much of the same things in our lives, it's actually kinda creepy. She likes to call me her "mental clone.". But, because of how we've gone through the same stuff, I feel like I can talk to her about anything. She's an awesome person, and I'd hate to lose her, whether it be from an argument, if we dated (which is a weird possibility), or even if the worst happens and she dies. She's the only person I can relate to, and I love her more than almost anyone on this planet (my cousin and girlfriend come first). The only bad partnis that she lives in Nevada, and I live in Oklahoma ;_;

Well, my best friend is my husband.  We never even dated!  We were friends and then we just decided to get married.  No formal dating or anything.  We have known each other for 4 years now (and counting that on my fingers not only makes me feel like I am a bit dim but also makes me think how much time flies)....

We were just friends for 1 year, then we were engaged for about 7 months (we made the decision to marry around Christmas time, but we wanted an early fall/late summer wedding), and on August 7th, it'll be our 2nd anniversary. wub.pngwub.png

img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I don't have a best friend. I only have about 5 people who one could consider to be my friends, and none of those relationships are particularly close. I don't really make friends. I make acquaintances.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

@fimdash and are currently my best friends on this site. I've only known them for a fairly short amount of time but I trust them very much. So far, they are the only people on this site that I talk to on a regular basis. I really connect and relate to them on a personal level. I'm so glad that I met them. They're great friends and I'm grateful that I know them. I truly appreciate and love them. :)

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 2

@@fimdash and @ are currently my best friends on this site. I've only known them for a fairly short amount of time but I trust them very much. So far, they are the only people on this site that I talk to on a regular basis. I really connect and relate to them on a personal level. I'm so glad that I met them. They're great friends and I'm grateful that I know them. I truly appreciate and love them. :)

aww thanks LatinoChurro! You're one of my closest friends here as well :) I'm really glad that I got to know you. I talk to you the most out of anyone here, and it's been very enjoyable.

In real life, my best friend is named Daniel. We've been best friends for about 4 years now. I trust him, and I definitely love him as a friend. He's a great guy, and we've gone through a lot together.

Sadly, we go to different colleges, but we're still able to maintain our friendship through talking online. We also hang out during the breaks. Hopefully we'll be able to stay really close friends for a long time.

• Brohoof 2

Well I met my best friend way back in my freshman year of high school. It was wonderful. She's cooking chicken soup about fifteen feet away now. yupp.

I've had other best friends since but none compare.

I've known my best friend for over ten years now. No, yes, I'm close with (i'm currently single), and yes.

Not sure if he's comfortable with the last one, though. x3

I don't have a best friend on the Forums here. I just joined about a month ago; I try to make friends but they all leave eventually and go back to their own best friends. I have some on another website though.

In real life, I have a group of 6 best friends. (( Might as well be the Mane SEVEN HUHUHUHUHUHU )) I've met them in Primary School in third grade. They're all very honest, loyal, funny, and kind. Not generous, though.  :lol:

I have a bunch of best friends, but I do have one that's even closer than the others. We met at pony convention around March and have been best buds ever since! We like to do a bunch of stupid stuff, play video games, cook, just sit there and cuddle. I have a feeling I've friendzoned him to the 4th level of Hell though. :P

I have multiple friends but one very best friend. I can trust her with more things but she is rather annoying at times. Think of her like a mix between Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. We've known each other since preschool but weren't friends till around third grade, I want to say; we've been friends for years.We have stopped being friends from time to time but we find it hard to live without the other. 

I have more than one best friend. Some I've known longer than others. I mostly define a Best Friend as someone who's stuck with me even with the crap I do and someone I'm willing to do things for that I wouldn't typically do for others like buy them things.

Admittedly all of my best friends are online but I would jump at the chance to meet them too. I've known this one for years but he lives on the other side of the country so it's not like I can just take a bus to him. :P

I have lots of best friends but for the sake of convenience I'll name the ones here on the forums first.

KingOfIcecream, or Kyle, is one of my closest friends in real life that I've known since middle school, and even though he never really leaves the RPs created by me he is still a lot of fun to be around (when he isn't trying to get banned by cracking inappropriate jokes). 

ToriTheThesbian is another one of my friends IRL, I've known her for a long time but since we joined the marching band together we have become really great friends, and I even managed to convince her to  join the forums here in order to be part of my old RP The Antigone. Lately she hasn't been very active here, but outside of the forums she remains one of my best friends.

If anyone here was around when the member count numbered under 5,000 people then you will probably remember Dragonshy. He has pretty much all but left the forums here, but we've kept in contact over Skype and Facebook so I would gladly list him with my best friends.

One more friend who I can't help but mention, named Robin, isn't on these forums. In fact he's not even a brony. Anyway he is a great friend and part of the reason I am who I am today, playing music and writing as much as I do. 

BTW I don't have romantic feelings for any of these people, that's gross.

(edited)

I don't have a best friend. I have 4 friends. 2 close ones, 2 ones I still hang out with outside of school but I wouldn't call them close. The 2 close ones like anime, ponies, homestuck and stuff so we have lots of good times together.

I used to be really close friends with 2 other people but sadly we don't talk much anymore.

Edited by ReverseFaller

@@fimdash and @ are currently my best friends on this site. I've only known them for a fairly short amount of time but I trust them very much. So far, they are the only people on this site that I talk to on a regular basis. I really connect and relate to them on a personal level. I'm so glad that I met them. They're great friends and I'm grateful that I know them. I truly appreciate and love them. :)

Aww that is truly awesome of you to say that. You are also one of my bestest friend I've ever met! I hope we would stay best friends forever! I think what you said I could say to you too.

My other best friend is named Myles, he isn't much of a brony, but he likes when I send him pony pics and stuff.

• Brohoof 1

How long have you known your best friend? Do you feel like you can trust your best friend with anything? Do you love your best friend? 

I've known him for a couple years now. I do feel as though I can trust him with A LOT. I love him as a friend.

Do you consider your best friend your girlfriend/boyfriend or a friend that you're close with? 

We dated once, but long distance and the awkwardness made it end. Now he's just a close friend.

Do you have a bromance/girlmance with your best friend?

-See above answer? :D

I have known my best friend Grace since first grade. She is an extremely awesome person, even tough we're not really alike in most ways. But after fith grade, she had to move. Now I don't have many friends but I am friends with a guy names Bryan who is epic in so many ways. He's funny and creative. I admit I used to have a little crush on him but not anymore. I honestly dont know where I'd be without them.