Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Telling your parents you're a brony

Ezynell

mine went lie this

Me watching Mlp

Sister bust in my room

me not fast enought to close alt tab

siste makes troll face

I threaten to kill(if anybody outside learns)

Troll face goes away

than my sister tells my mom and mom say so what it's a cartoon nothing to get dramatic about if he llikes it he likes it

My dad does knowbut probably because nobody told or he havent seen me watching (I am not hiding it anymore in the house)

Edited by Leoc

In a car ride, I told my father about this rather new pony show, and that it's different than what he would think, and that there's a huge community of adult aged fans. I also told him about the hilarity of True Capitalist Radio.

He doesn't seem to care.

• Brohoof 1

Uh... Told my brother, called it gay and never spoke of it again. My dad strongly hates Obama and would probably shoot me once I utter those poisonous words. (jk) But yeah, haven't said anything. I also think I'm the only Brony within a 50 mile radius of where I live.

It's probably not what you're expecting, but here you go. I want a more show accurate Twilight. Also, sorry for the extremly large photo, I was too lazy to resize.

Not what I hoped for, but I'm still super jelly :3

I told a friend of mine this and I'm offering to you the same advice; if you're looking to placate your parents, I can't offer any tips outside of "playing it cool." Show them pictures of the lot of us, preferably people your age, and explain how it's kind of rooted in heavy duty remix culture. Be chill about it and don't behave like they just happened upon some gigantic stash of sexually deviant smut in your desk drawer and you'll be fine! If they ask questions, be open about it; going on the defensive about your fandom is the easiest way to make things awkward for everyone.

I'll back up Veece here. I think 75% of the awkward weirdness comes from the brony's own self-perception of how other people will see it, rather than truly, how other people see it.

I mean, really, it's quiet simple, it's a show with amazingly well-done characters and it's just nice and uplifting. Certainly puts a better mood on the day than something like "Saw" :P

I think 75% of the awkward weirdness comes from the brony's own self-perception of how other people will see it, rather than truly, how other people see it.

I know. I completely agree. Yes, some random kids call me gay (inevitable) but the rest of the kids are bronies or don't give a crap.

Basically I managed to get my mon interested in the show, and showed her the baby cakes episode and she liked it and agreed to watch more.

My sister has shown more resistance, but she did seem to like the Best Night Ever when she saw it.

So I'm happy and just had to talk about it

Basically I managed to get my mon interested in the show, and showed her the baby cakes episode and she liked it and agreed to watch more.

My sister has shown more resistance, but she did seem to like the Best Night Ever when she saw it.

So I'm happy and just had to talk about it

I don't blame your sister for liking The Best Night Ever. That episode was hilarious and with a good song (the gala song). :lol:

My family knows about it and how much I like it but they don't seem to be interested in watching it. Then again I've never TOLD any of them to watch.

But I have assimilated one friend, hence my signature hehe *coughcough*Fox*coughcough*

• Brohoof 1

My family knows about it and how much I like it but they don't seem to be interested in watching it. Then again I've never TOLD any of them to watch.

But I have assimilated one friend, hence my signature hehe *coughcough*Fox*coughcough*

Same here, but assimilation count sounds like your filling out speeding tickets, or converting people to Mormon.

Only my girlfriend knows I'm a brony; I've been way too scared to tell anyone else.

The fun part is, you get to make subtle pony references without them knowing. It's even better when they find it funny and don't know where it came from.

I think if I could tell anyone in my family, it'd be my cousin. He and I usually end up liking the same things anyway. And if he isn't a brony already, I"m sure I could get him into it.

Same here, but assimilation count sounds like your filling out speeding tickets, or converting people to Mormon.

Posted Image

Only my girlfriend knows I'm a brony; I've been way too scared to tell anyone else.

The fun part is, you get to make subtle pony references without them knowing. It's even better when they find it funny and don't know where it came from.

I think if I could tell anyone in my family, it'd be my cousin. He and I usually end up liking the same things anyway. And if he isn't a brony already, I"m sure I could get him into it.

Come to think about it, I intended to show it to one of my cousins if he isnt a brony yet, too bad I didnt get to see him this summer, we are like the best pals ever, and he always likes what I like, I bet he'd love ponies