Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Telling your parents you're a brony

Ezynell

About the 3rd day I was watching it, my grandma saw me watchin it and asked what it was, then I just showed her the title, too embarrased to say "My Little Pony" And she told my mom and she was all like "That's not my little pony" and I was all like "yeah-huh its not as girly as what you're thinkin of" And the discussion dropped

I told my parents, they ask if i am gay ever since.

Ouch. .-.

I just brought it up once, mentioning how it was a cute show. My mom probably thinks I'm too old for a kid's show, but I guess she understood once I started talking about it. I guess she's okay with it. Dad has no clue, and my sisters like it too. XD I think being a girl helps majorly.

My parents think it's a phase...they don't really care TBH. I'm jelly of my friends parents though, they watch epis with her D:

Before I'd actually watched the show, I'd told my mother about how My Little Pony had become a huge thing on the internet among people my age. She called all bronies a bunch of perverts, and I had to tell her that it wasn't quite what she was thinking.

My mother is pretty cool though; she and I used to watch Tenchi Universe and Tenchi Muyo when it was still airing on Cartoon Network. My father is mostly ambivalent towards my love of cartoons so, I doubt he'd care much. The only reason I haven't bothered to tell either of them is that it hasn't ever come up in conversation. I'm away at college, so I don't talk to them all that much.

I'm a girl and I'm only 13 so it wasn't that bad. My mom walked in on me watching the show one Saturday morning and she asked what it was. She still thought it was a little strange but when I told her about the community and how great I thought the show was she really didn't mind. My parents playfully tease me about it, but otherwise they don't really care.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I haven't told anyone that I'm a brony. I have shown a couple fanmade videos to friends and they thought they were funny, but they don't think anything of it. I told my mom that MLP is big on the internet and she thinks it's cool because she was into the old my little pony show as a kid. I'm think of showing her an episode today. I think she'll like it, she's cool and I'm 16 which means she probably won't think it's as weird as all of the adults that watch it.

Edited by Rox159th

My mother found it on the family DVR. I think she just rolled her eyes. My dad would just be "oh, that's definitely mark for yah" As long as I'm not doing anything illegal, and I get good grades, my parents really don't care.

I'm trying to assimilate my sisters into the herd.

My parents know. I started watching the show with my younger brothers and sisters (ages 9 (boy), 9 (girl) and 7 (boy), and naturally they wanted to constantly talk about it. After my little brother went on about the show a bit, my dad was like "Come on, seriously?" as if he were angry... so I said "What are you doing? You're trying to make them feel bad for liking something?" and he's been silent about it since.

My mom and step-mom on the other hand, they're totally fine with it. My step-mom made me a Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash lampshade for Christmas, and my mom got me a Blossomforth figure because it came with a hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog being another major hobby of mine.)

My parents don't know, but I don't think it really matters in their case. They already know I like cartoons and anime, and it would just be another one of those shows I like. I haven't talked about it with them, but that's because I know it's a subject that wouldn't interest them in the least. It would be like going to an astrophysics forum to talk about growing kumquats.

My parents know. I started watching the show with my younger brothers and sisters (ages 9 (boy), 9 (girl) and 7 (boy), and naturally they wanted to constantly talk about it. After my little brother went on about the show a bit, my dad was like "Come on, seriously?" as if he were angry... so I said "What are you doing? You're trying to make them feel bad for liking something?" and he's been silent about it since.

My mom and step-mom on the other hand, they're totally fine with it. My step-mom made me a Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash lampshade for Christmas, and my mom got me a Blossomforth figure because it came with a hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog being another major hobby of mine.)

This one? Posted Image In that case I've got one too :3

These days, it is harder for a boy to say they are a brony than to say they have a girl-friend?

That is what is freaky. Today, it almost is like treason for a boy to watch My Little Pony. Why?

For me, I do Trigonomotry and Calculus, but guess what, I watch My Little Pony.

People think I am wierd, but this is my response.

Posted Image

"Mom, Dad, there's something I need to tell you..."

"I'm gay."

* awkward silence *

"Well, you know we love you and support you no matter what, son."

"Really? You mean that? I'm so relieved. I thought... I didn't know how you would react."

"We just want you to be happy, son."

"Great! Because actually, I'm not gay. I'm a Brony. I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's a show about brightly-colored magical talking ponies and their amazing adventures."

* awkward silence *

"You're a 'Brony'? GET THEE BEHIND US, SATAN! WE HAVE NO SON!"

• Brohoof 1

Well, this would definitely be more credible if you could recite the entire thing right in front of your father. Developing points like that in his face would definitely make him think that there is something very exquisite about My Little Pony.

I feel your pain though! It took a few weeks of painful convincing to have them spend so much on my Fluttershy Plush!

When I told my parents they laughed a bit. Didn't really ask why I liked it though. Earlier tonight my dad took us by McDonald's to get FIM toys so they seem to accept. Both my brothers like it too, one of which is on here.

My mom doesn't really care what I like as long as it makes me happy and it's not harming myself or anyone else~

That is basically the best opinion to have. If more people were like your mother, the world would be a better place!

My dad is actually the one who got me started watching the show. He practically had to force me to watch it at first, but the episode was Dragonshy, and by the time Fluttershy started yelling at the dragon, I was hooked. My mom sometimes watches it too. I'm the only real Brony other than my brother (who I converted) though. They're not really into the fandom. They're cool with it though.