Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Movies Are You Looking Forward to in (the Rest of) 2013?

Sploich

2013 Movies  

3 users have voted

1. 1. Most Looking Forward To?

• The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
    • The Lone Ranger
    • The Wolverine
    • Despicable Me 2
    • Thor: Dark World
    • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    • Pacific Rim
    • Candy Crush The Movie

Full disclosure right up front: I got the idea to make this thread when I realized I'm not sure which movies to review this year on my very small budget. Let me know what'd be worth my money and what would be a waste of it.

That being said, what I REALLY want this thread to be about is in the title: What are you looking forward to?

Here's my list:

Man of Steel

This Is the End

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

Monsters University (though admittedly more for the short before it than the movie itself)

The Smurfs 2 (like 37% ironically, the first one wasn't as bad as people assumed)

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Insidious Chapter 2 (seriously, if you haven't seen Insidious, see it immediately)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (might be the one I'm most looking forward to)

Gravity

Thor: The Dark World

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Frozen

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Ironman 3 ( I know it's already out but I havn't seen it yet )

Prototype

Monsters University,

The hunger games: Catching fre

( And I know this isn't coming out for a few years but I can't wait for it so ) Ratchet and Clank the movie.

• Brohoof 1

Man of Steel

Ender's Game

Monster's University

Particularly Man of Steel, though.  I'm a big DC fan, and would *love* to see DC pull off what Marvel is doing right now- a shared cinematic universe.

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, I like this thread! <3

-Man of Steel (Here's hoping they can give personality to the Man of Cardboard, er, Steel.) xD

-Despicable Me 2 (Loved the first one, definitely one of my favorite animated movies.)

-Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Great trilogy, hope they can fix the shakycam)

-Ender's Game (Amazing book...Weird, but amazing.)

-Monsters University (Eh, this one I'm 50/50 on.)

• Brohoof 1

Here's my list.. 

Man of Steel 

Fast and Furious 6 

Star Trek into Darkness 

After Earth 

Pacific Rim 

Thor The Dark World

The Prototype 

2013 I think brought out a lot of good movies :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So far the only movie I've seen in theaters this year was The Great Gatsby. My sister took me to see it and it was much better than I expected. 

I usually don't have the money to go out and see movies so I may end up waiting to see these online:

~Equestria Girls (I may have to wait to see it online anyway cause I'm not sure if there are showtimes for it in Canada)

~Insidious 2

~Man Of Steel

~World War Z

~Monsters University

~Star Trek Into Darkness

~Byzantium

~Grown Ups 2

~Pacific Rim

~The Conjuring

~Turbo

~The Wolverine

~2 Guns

~Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters

~Kickass 2

~You're Next

~Carrie

~Thor 2

~Catching Fire

~The Hobbit

~Frozen

Edited by WarGrowlmon1990

This year: Star Trek : Into Darkness. Just NEED to see it. Hobbit, part two.

Far future: Avatar 2, or whatever James Cameron will call it. I just liked the first one.

Mostly choose movies by critics, so I wait until some are mentioned as good.

(edited)

There's not many films from this year that I really want to go see, except for:

The Great Gatsby (I'm gonna go see next Tuesday, hopefully)

Equestria Girls (this could be the only time we'll get to see our beloved ponies on the cinema screen, so I'll give it a try)

Blue Jasmine (directed by Woody Allen)

The World's End (from Hot Fuzz/Scott Pilgrim director Edgar Wright)

Edited by CinemaBrony

(edited)

-Man of Steel (Here's hoping they can give personality to the Man of Cardboard, er, Steel.) xD

Superman's got plenty of personality. The problem is there has never been a good Superman movie. From the trailers it looks like Goyer REALLY gets Superman, so I'm really excited.

I usually don't have the money to go out and see movies so I may end up waiting to see these online:

As a content creator, I have to ask you: Please don't pirate movies.

Edited by Sploich

As a content creator, I have to ask you: Please don't pirate movies.

Don't worry, I don't pirate videos. I'll admit that during my preteen years I used Limewire but that was back in the early 2000's and I've long stopped since then. There's a website called Project Free TV that I view occasionally. It's got movies as well as episodes of TV series. I think they've got a legal contract to post all those videos, otherwise they would've been shut down by now.

I am waiting for this list of movies but I mostly want to see the new Hobbit.

-The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

-Grown Ups 2

-Monsters University

-Hunger Games: Catching Fire

(edited)

Pacific Rim

You're Next

The Purge

Epic

Turbo

Kirikou and the Men and the Women

Paranormal Activity 5

V/H/S 2

The Conjuring

Carrie

Monsters University

Zambezia

Delhi Safari

Hey Khrisna

Pieta

World War Z

Frozen

Paradise: Faith

Disney's Planes

The Haunting of Helena

Man of Steel

Smurfs 2

Machete Kills

Grace of Monaco

Cloudy with a cange of Meatballs 2

Edited by Ulrik Raben

I am currently looking forward to all of these movies:

Monsters University

Man of Steel

World War Z

Pacific Rim

VGHS Season 2( I know it's not a movie, But am still looking forward to it. Plus they have it in movie format on netflix)

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Ender's Game(I hope they do the book justice)

Despicable Me 2

Fast & Furious 6

MLP: Equestria Girls

Despicable Me 2

Man of Steel

Grown Ups 2

The Hangover 3

Turbo

Cloudy w/ a chance of Meatballs 2

Gravity

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Monsters University

White House Down

Star Trek into Darkness

Saw Iron Man 3 and Star Trek: Into Darkness already and I was very pleased with both.  Was a little miffed that Iron Man 3 was marketed as a far more serious movie than it turned out to be, but overall happy with it, and Star Trek: Into Darkness certainly didn't disappoint.  As for the rest of the year, my list is fairly limited, but here ya go:

(1) Man of Steel (probably most excited for this movie at the moment; should hopefully prove to be a very serious and appropriately respectful superhero flick, as opposed to the enjoyable but undoubtedly more lighthearted flicks that Marvel pushes out these days)

(2) Despicable Me 2 (what can I say, the series is innocent, harmless, and just all around fun-loving and good-natured)

(3) Thor: The Dark World

(4) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

(5) Monsters University

(6) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (I cannot emphasize enough just how much I am looking forward to seeing this dragon.  I mean... it's a bucking dragon!  A MOTHER BUCKING DRAGON!!! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png)

• Brohoof 1

As of now, that new Wolverine movie, because I loves the hell out of the first one and it's probably my favorite of the X-Men movies. I hope it's just as good. 

Not too many films that have my interest although I am looking forward to The Purge and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. And although it's out I'm planning to see The Great Gatsby. Seems quite interesting.

The movie I'm really looking forward to at the moment is one called "The Purge". It's basically about certain periods in the year where everyone is allowed to commit any number of crimes without fear of punishment. 

I'll just show the trailer:

I found it extremely interesting at least.

Superman's got plenty of personality. The problem is there has never been a good Superman movie. From the trailers it looks like Goyer REALLY gets Superman, so I'm really excited.

*shrug* I was never a big Superman fan. Way too OP'ed for me, and you're also talking to a Batman fangirl. xD Human-looking, absurdly powered, time-traveling, gravity-defying, memory wiping aliens don't really do it for me. ^^

But you're right. I've loved Goyer's screenwriting so far, especially in the Dark Knight trilogy, and I actually kind of liked what I saw of Davinci's Demons. So I'm pretty hyped to see what he's done with Superman. :D If anyone can get me to like Superman, he's the guy. xD

• Brohoof 1

Particularly Man of Steel, though.  I'm a big DC fan, and would *love* to see DC pull off what Marvel is doing right now- a shared cinematic universe.

I'm just worried that  its gonna be superman 64 all over again, it probably won't

Other than that Probably Monsters university

I can't see EQG, It's not in my country. But me and my friends are gonna stream it at a later date

The only two I'm really looking forward to are the next hobbit and now you see me. I also haven't seen into darkness yet. I'm planning on seeing that. I also can't wait to start shooting my next film.

*shrug* I was never a big Superman fan. Way too OP'ed for me, and you're also talking to a Batman fangirl. xD Human-looking, absurdly powered, time-traveling, gravity-defying, memory wiping aliens don't really do it for me. ^^

But you're right. I've loved Goyer's screenwriting so far, especially in the Dark Knight trilogy, and I actually kind of liked what I saw of Davinci's Demons. So I'm pretty hyped to see what he's done with Superman. biggrin.png If anyone can get me to like Superman, he's the guy. xD

First of all, Batman has traveled through time plenty of times. :P

Superman turning back time in the first movie was a thing created specifically for that movie, and at the last minute. As I've said, I don't think there's ever been a movie that has done Superman right (or anything right for that matter).

Also I'm actually not a big fan of Goyer. Jumper's a TERRIBLE movie and I think he's the reason for all the major problems I have with Batman Begins. The Dark Knight Rises is all Nolan's fault though. That's just one of the worst freaking movies ever made.

Anyway, I'll make you like Superman: Read "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" "All-Star Superman," and "Superman for All Seasons."

I'm just worried that  its gonna be superman 64 all over again, it probably won't

You're worried that this major motion picture produced by Christopher Nolan is going to be a piece of shit video game with completely broken controls?  At least compare it to another Superman *movie*, like Superman Returns...

First of all, Batman has traveled through time plenty of times. tongue.png

Superman turning back time in the first movie was a thing created specifically for that movie, and at the last minute. As I've said, I don't think there's ever been a movie that has done Superman right (or anything right for that matter).

Also I'm actually not a big fan of Goyer. Jumper's a TERRIBLE movie and I think he's the reason for all the major problems I have with Batman Begins. The Dark Knight Rises is all Nolan's fault though. That's just one of the worst freaking movies ever made.

Anyway, I'll make you like Superman: Read "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" "All-Star Superman," and "Superman for All Seasons."

Pre-Crisis Superman *has* turned back time, though.  He regularly leaped forward and backward in time to meet the Legion of Super Heroes, and even visited Krypton that way. 

As for recommended reading, I'd add to that the Alan Moore story "For the Man Who Has Everything" and "Superman: Birthright".